PDA

View Full Version : Gestalt 3.P + Generic Classes = ?

Tokuhara
2011-12-08, 02:55 AM
How would generic gestalt work in 3.P?

This is for a back-up character design using Arcane Spellcaster (SA-Based) and Warrior (dunno)

This is the build:

Human Generic Spellcaster 10/Spellwarp Sniper 10//Generic Warrior 20

gorfnab
2011-12-08, 03:05 AM
How would generic gestalt work in 3.P?

This is for a back-up character design using Arcane Spellcaster (SA-Based) and Warrior (dunno)

This is the build:

Human Generic Spellcaster 10/Spellwarp Sniper 10//Generic Warrior 20
It would not work very well considering Spellwarp Sniper is only 5 levels long. What you could do is this:
Human Generic Spellcaster 5/ Unseen Seer 2/ Spellwarp Sniper 5/ Unseen Seer or Arcane Trickster 8 // Generic Warrior 20
You may want to consider a level or two of Generic Expert instead of Generic Warrior early on to meet the prereqs.

Tokuhara
2011-12-08, 08:34 AM
It would not work very well considering Spellwarp Sniper is only 5 levels long. What you could do is this:
Human Generic Spellcaster 5/ Unseen Seer 2/ Spellwarp Sniper 5/ Unseen Seer or Arcane Trickster 8 // Generic Warrior 20
You may want to consider a level or two of Generic Expert instead of Generic Warrior early on to meet the prereqs.

Crap. That's what I get for posting part at night...

And the Warrior is for BAB. I want to actually hit with the ranged attack rolls, so I went with Warrior. That, and the gish-y-Ness makes me happy inside

herrhauptmann
2011-12-08, 05:20 PM
Crap. That's what I get for posting part at night...

And the Warrior is for BAB. I want to actually hit with the ranged attack rolls, so I went with Warrior. That, and the gish-y-Ness makes me happy inside

Touch AC is generally quite easy to reach. Especially at high levels since even high level bosses with AC >40, tend to have a touch AC of 15 or less. And then, you're also a caster. So you've got a LOT of ways to hit his piddling touch AC.
I'd say you only have to go full bab for the first 8 or 9 levels, after that, just enough to hit 16 BAB by level 20. And once you know you'll get that 16 BAB, start trying to find 'tricks' you can do, tricks that will scale with level. Even better if you can do them in AMFs or planes that penalize casters. So ToB becomes useful.

hex0
2011-12-08, 07:22 PM
So...you are restricted to gestalting with generic classes or are you just curious?

Tokuhara
2011-12-08, 08:41 PM
So...you are restricted to gestalting with generic classes or are you just curious?

Here's the DM's exact rule: If I gestalt Generic, it must be Generic//Generic. Normal rules (including PrCing on the sides) apply