PDA

View Full Version : Ninja/Cleric build help

Celesyne
2011-12-08, 03:52 AM
So, in my first PbP game ever I've decided to play a Ninja/Cleric. Now, I'm getting to use the Sacred Outlaw feat in Dragon Magazine to progress my sudden strike ad turning with both my ninja and cleric levels. At the moment we are creating at level 6, and since I've gone with a changeling (whom I apparently have a thing for) I intend to take Able learner at 1st level as a ninja to keep the progression of disable device and the like.

However, my stats are a decent: 12,15,12,14,16,14 or at least that is about the best I could come up with on a 38 point buy. Is there anything I could do to make this into a viable party rogue, especially the disguise stuff, and still pull off the useful stuff in cleric? I seem to have stumped myself in a way to make this a decent combatant.

Psyren
2011-12-08, 09:11 AM
Alignment? If you're Good, you can take Intuitive Attack from BoED and focus on Wis, giving you more ki and cleric goodness.

Be a Cloistered Cleric; this will give you the skill points you need to be a good skill monkey. Trickery Domain gets you invisibility to enable SS and gives you stealthy skills so you can continue advancing them in-class.

Person_Man
2011-12-08, 10:20 AM
If your DM is willing to allow homebrew material, you may wish to look at my revamped Ninja (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186505).

Psyren's suggestion to use the Trickery domain is a good one, as it grants access to Disguise Self and many other sneaky things. The Commerce domain (Eberron Campaign Setting) will eventually grant you access to Glibness (+30 Bluff). The Truth domain (Races of Eberron) is also handy for 1st level Detect Thoughts and +1 Caster Level to all Divination spells.

zanetheinsane
2011-12-08, 10:30 AM
If you are a non-human or can't pick Able Learner, you can get Guerilla Warrior from Heroes of Battle. It makes Hide and Move Silently only cost 1 rank for your cleric levels and lowers your ACP in medium or light armor by 1 (but I assume you will be wearing no armor).

Human Paragon 3
2011-12-08, 10:34 AM
3 levels of Human Paragon will give you any 10 skills as class skills (one permanently) 4SP/Level, proficiency with any martial weapon, 2 levels of caster advancement for cleric, a bonus feat, and +2 to any ability score.

JadePhoenix
2011-12-08, 01:11 PM
Any chance you can use Pathfinder Ninja?