PDA

View Full Version : DnD apps for android

Darth_Versity
2011-12-08, 10:56 AM
So I just got a new HTC phone and was wondering what the best apps are to make playing easier. I prefer free ones but paying isn't a massive problem so long as its not to much

I def want to avoid apps that place spam in the notice bar though. I already deleted CastCount for doing that.

JoeYounger
2011-12-08, 11:00 AM
I use and like Combat Assistant. It lets you keep track of the partys init, HP, AC, saves and whatnot, and you can add baddies and go round by round by initiative order. Dice bag is ok for a generic die roller. Also, I picked up adobe reader so I can keep all of my PDFs on my phone.

kudosmog
2011-12-08, 04:10 PM
Spellbook DnD 3.5 is the only one I use, for quick access to my cleric spells.
Also downloaded an app "songs and dragons" but haven't even opened it yet.
It's just supposed to be appropriate dungeons and dragons mood music.

Lictor of Thrax
2011-12-08, 09:08 PM
One of the things I miss most about moving back to 3.5 for this game is that wizards never came up with a decent character generator and thus all the apps are poorly supported. Take a look at the iPlay4e web-app that works for both the players and the DM and you'll definitely be jealous.

As far as what I found for 3.5, there the afformentioned spellbook 3.5 d&d, which is great for quick access to your spells. There's also the app d20 Character Sheet, which is useful if you're using the more common characters.

Unfortunately, those are the only toys I found at all useful.. And the character sheet one is limited to perhaps 20 or so classes.

Gh0st
2015-06-17, 10:42 AM
The app I really love while playing D&D 3.5 is D&D complete reference:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vansteinengroentjes.apps.ddcomplete reference

It has everything in it you need and a big active user base that creates additional content.:smallsmile: