PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Ideas for Barbarian feats

lfarbstein
2011-12-08, 04:24 PM
Hello everyone. My friend asked me to play a Barbarian in his no magic pathfinder game.
We start at LV 7. I am planing on being a half-orc using the invulnerable rager alternative ability
I have the stats, and rage powers all set, I just need to figure out what feats I wana take. I want to focus heavily on rage. Any good thing to put emphasis my rage would be great.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Infernalbargain
2011-12-08, 04:28 PM
Raging Vitality so you don't automatically die when knocked unconscious.

lfarbstein
2011-12-08, 04:43 PM
That is a good idea. I was also thinking power attack and cleave. What do you think? Some good combat feats are never a bad thing.

Infernalbargain
2011-12-08, 05:07 PM
Cleave's nowhere near as good as it was. Power Attack is still good. If you're just going for damage, you'll likely be taking extra rage power quite a bit latter on.

lfarbstein
2011-12-08, 05:19 PM
Ok. So we got power attack, raging vitality, and extra rage power later on.
Any other good ideas. I get 1 more feat.

Dyllan
2011-12-08, 05:24 PM
Vital Strike is good - use it any time you can't full attack.

Extra Rage Power could be good, if there's a rage power you want that you don't have.

Blyte
2011-12-08, 05:34 PM
would have to know what rage powers you took, as some mesh well with different feats.

for instance I made a human overrun barb who dominates but it's because his feats and rage powers compliment one another.

Human
Feats
1 extra rage power
1 power attack
3 combat reflexes
5 improved overrun
7 greater overrun

Rage powers
1 strength surge
2 auspicious mark
4 overbearing advance
6 overbearing onslaught

Curious
2011-12-08, 06:19 PM
You should take a three level deep in Horizon Walker to get Terrain Mastery (Desert). This makes you immune to fatigue, which in turn allows you to 'rage-cycle', meaning you enter and leave rage every round to replenish your 1/rage abilities. A 1-level dip in Living Monolith, or whatever it's called, for 3/day enlarge person may also be a good idea.

lfarbstein
2011-12-08, 06:37 PM
I am following the Invulnerable Rager build so the the rage powers are (in no order)

come and get me
guarded life
Increased damage reduction
inspire ferocity
reckless abandon
and renewed vigor.

Arbane
2011-12-08, 06:41 PM
I've found Furious Focus to be a good one - your first attack each round has no penalty for Power Attacking. Much fun.

lfarbstein
2011-12-08, 08:37 PM
Thank you all everyone. With your feat suggestions my barbarian will have the potential of doing 4d6+10 dmg W/O raging! Holy **** this guy is a monster, and once he is in rage... Game over man, game over. Thanks Again!