PDA

View Full Version : Symbiont Questions

Chaosblade
2011-12-08, 04:26 PM
Since they're creatures, symbionts (specifically from Eberron) should level up as you adventure, correct? Gaining skill points and feats as normal for Abberations?

The_Ditto
2011-12-08, 04:35 PM
Since they're creatures, symbionts (specifically from Eberron) should level up as you adventure, correct? Gaining skill points and feats as normal for Abberations?

Depends, I guess.

I once had a character (Human Wilder, reincarnated at one point to an Orc), with a Tsochar (Wearer of Flesh) as a cohort inhabiting me. much fun!

Since it was a cohort, it kind of circumvented this question :smallyuk:

But I would say it depends on how much it's doing. If it's not doing much to affect the outcome of anything, I would say it wouldn't share any XP. All depends on how much impact it's having, I might give it as much as a full share of the XP (so 4 PC party + symbiont, XP earned = 1000, div 5 ways, = 200 xp each). to as little as a fraction of the xp: so say 1/4 share:
4 PC party + symbiont: each PC gets 4shares, symbiont gets 1: 1000 xp div 17 ways: ~59 XP. Each PC gets 59*4 = 236 xp, Symbiont gets remainder: (1000 - (16*59)) = 56
*shrug*
If you're the DM, make something up that makes sense based on the impact of the symbiont. If you're the PC, talk to your DM.

Madcrafter
2011-12-08, 05:39 PM
Whenever my group dealt with symbionts, they were always treated as a piece of gear rather than a creature (like warforged components or grafts). They can't do to much very well by themselves, and they tend to stay attached to their host. Unless it was taking actions in combat, though I don't remember if they even can do that while attached.