PDA

View Full Version : Rage Feats (3.5 PEACH)

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-09, 12:39 AM
Enraged Critical
As the hatred fills your body, your swings instinctively go for weak spots. Your lack of mercy allows you to deliver crushing blows much more easily. Where as before you would have struck the shoulder or the torso, now you aim for the groin or the neck. Anything to bring your target down.
Prerequisites: Rage or Frenzy, BAB +6
Benefit: While you are raging or frenzying, the critical threat range of your weapon (whether it is a manufactured or natural weapon) is doubled, and the critical multiplier increases by 1. These benefits stack with other such increases, such as the keen edge spell or the Improved Critical feat, but it does not stack with itself. (If you rage and frenzy at the same time, you only get the benefit once)

The benefit of this feat does not apply to weaponlike spells.

Enraged Power Attack
Prerequisites: Str 16, Power Attack, Rage or Frenzy, BAB +6
Benefit: While you are raging or frenzying, you may take up to double the normal penalty allowed by the Power Attack feat, with the regular benefits. (A level 20 barbarian could take up to a -40 penalty to his attack rolls while raging)
Special: This additional penalty cannot be applied to your AC when using the Shock Trooper feat. Any penalty you take above your total Base Attack Bonus must apply to your attack rolls only.

Enraged Bull Rush
Prerequisites: Str 16, Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Rage or Frenzy, BAB +6
Benefit: While you are raging or frenzying, you are treated as one Size category larger for the purpose of all Bull Rush checks, to a maximum of Colossal. Additionally, if your actual Size is Medium or larger, you gain the Awesome Blow feat as a bonus feat while you are raging or frenzying (your effective Size for the Awesome Blow feat is one Size larger than your actual Size, to a maximum of Colossal). You need not meet the prerequisites.

When you use the Awesome Blow feat while raging or frenzying, you may choose to, instead of forcing the creature to make a Reflex save, initiate a special Bull Rush check as a free action without a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If you win the opposed Strength check, the effect of the Awesome Blow feat works normally (as if the creature had failed its Reflex save)

Enraged Trip
Prerequisite: Rage or Frenzy, Improved Trip, BAB +6
Benefit: While you are raging or frenzying, you are treated as one Size category larger for all Trip checks, to a maximum of Colossal. Additionally, while raging or frenzying, if you knock an opponent that is smaller than your effective Size prone, you may take a -4 penalty on your followup attack roll granted by Improved Trip. If you do, and your attack hits and deals damage, your opponent must make a Fortitude save (DC 10+1/2 your character level+your Strength modifier) or be paralyzed for one round.

If a creature who is paralyzed by the effect of this feat is coup de graced, the paralysis effect immediately ends. The creature is no longer considered helpless and is simply prone. (The end of the effect occurs after the coup de grace resolves)

Enraged Overrun
Prerequisites: Str 16, Power Attack, Improved Overrun, BAB +6
Benefit: While you are raging or frenzying, you are treated as one Size category larger than you actually are for all Overrun checks, to a maximum of Colossal. Additionally, whenever you successfully knock a creature prone with an Overrun attempt while raging and frenzying, all enemy creatures within 60 feet who can see you (including the creature you Overrun) must make a Will save (DC 10+1/2 your character level+your Strength modifier) or be shaken for the duration of your rage/frenzy.

If you have the Trample feat, when you rage or frenzy, your mount gains the benefits and the penalties of your rage/frenzy, as well as the benefits of the Enraged Overrun feat. (Your mount uses its HD instead of its character level to determine the DC for the Will save)

Enraged Sunder
Prerequisites: Str 16, Power Attack, Improved Sunder, Rage or Frenzy
Benefit: While you are raging or frenzying, you are treated as one Size category larger than normal for all Sunder attack rolls. Additionally, while you are raging or frenzying, you ignore the hardness of any object or creature you attack.

While you are raging or frenzying, and you successfully break an item that an opponent is holding, wearing, or carrying, that creature provokes an attack of opportunity from all creatures who threaten him, including you.

Enraged Disarm
Prerequisites: Str 16, Int 13, Combat Expertise, Improved Disarm, BAB +6, Rage or Frenzy class feature
Benefit: While you are raging or frenzying, you are treated as one Size category larger for the purpose of all Disarm checks (to a maximum of Colossal). Additionally, your blind anger lets you grip your weapon so tightly that few creatures are able to knock it away. You receive a +10 bonus on checks to resist being Disarmed while you are raging or frenzying.

Finally, while you are enraged, your fury lets you exploit an opening far more easily, especially the disorientation a creature has when it has been Disarmed. If you successfully Disarm a creature while you are raging or frenzying, you may make a melee attack against that creature at your highest attack bonus. If you hit, the creature must make a Will save (DC 10+1/2 your character level+your Strength modifier) or be stunned for 1 round.

Enraged Dodge
Prerequisites: Dex 13, Dodge, Rage or Frenzy, Improved Uncanny Dodge
Benefit: While you are raging or frenzying, any dodge bonuses that would apply to your AC are instead treated as if you had Damage Reduction 1/- per point of AC they would provide. As usual, all dodge bonuses stack with each other. This DR/- stacks with any other DR/- you might have, such as from the barbarian class feature.

Additionally, while you are raging or frenzying, you receive a +1 circumstance bonus to melee attack and damage rolls made against the target of your Dodge feat. This bonus increases by +1 per four character levels you have, to a maximum of +6 at 20th level. If you are wielding a two-handed weapon, you receive a +2 circumstance bonus, +2 per four levels, to a maximum of +12 at 20th level, to your damage rolls only.

Enraged Mobility
Prerequisites: Dex 13, Dodge, Mobility, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Rage or Frenzy
Benefit: While you are raging or frenzying, you never provoke attacks of opportunity for any action, unless your opponent has a feat or a class feature that would cause you to provoke an attack of opportunity when you normally wouldn't. (such as the Karmic Strike feat)

Additionally, while you are raging or frenzying, you receive a +30' enhancement bonus to your land speed.

Enraged Spring Attack
Prerequisites: Dex 13, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Rage or Frenzy, BAB +6
Benefits: Your blinding speed is legendary in battle. While other barbarians stand and fight against all challengers, your rage is all about hit-and-run, and you know exactly how to make that single attack against a creature count.

If you successfully hit a creature and deal damage with your Spring Attack feat while you are raging or frenzying, that creature must make a Reflex save (DC 10+1/2 your character level+your Strength modifier) or be knocked prone. If you successfully knock a creature prone, you may immediately Spring Attack again, and your movement speed is reset for the round (allowing you to move up to your speed again). You receive a melee attack at your highest attack bonus against the next creature you Spring Attack, and if you hit and damage the second creature, you force the same saving throw, and if it falls, you might be able to Spring Attack again.

The number of extra Spring Attacks this feat grants is limited to your BAB/5 (So a barbarian with +20 BAB could Spring Attack a total of 5 times per round, assuming he was able to knock each creature prone). You may not use this feat to Spring Attack the same creature more than once per round.

Enraged Grapple
Prerequisites: Improved Grapple, Rage or Frenzy
Benefits: While you are raging or frenzying, you are treated as one Size category larger for all grapple checks. Additionally, you deal lethal damage with your unarmed strikes, and are considered armed with your unarmed strikes. Your unarmed strike deals 1d6 damage instead of 1d3 (if you are Medium).

While you are raging or frenzying, you automatically succeed all grapple checks made to resist a grapple, as well as all grapple checks made to escape a grapple. Even if you choose not to escape a grapple, no creature may swallow you whole, unless you choose to let them.

Finally, while you are raging or frenzying, you may hold a light or one-handed weapon in one hand while you are grappling a creature, and may attack with that weapon instead of your unarmed strike with a successful grapple check made to damage your opponent.

Wild Berserker
Prerequisites: Iron Will, Rage class feature, Frenzy class feature, Base Fortitude save +3, Base Reflex save +3, Base Will save +3
Benefit: While you are raging and frenzying at the same time, you receive a +4 bonus to your Strength score. If you have the greater rage or greater frenzy class feature, you instead receive a +6 bonus to your Strength score.

Additionally, while you are raging and frenzying at the same time, you do not automatically fail any saving throw on a roll of natural 1, though you still may fail if your total save modifier isn't high enough to beat the DC.

Unbeaten Rage- Noctis Vigil
Prerequisites: Con 17, Greater Rage or Greater Frenzy class feature, Great Fortitude
Benefit: Your fury lets you shrug off blows, even those that strike your vital organs. You become immune to critical hits and the extra damage from precision attacks (such as Sneak Attack) while you are raging or frenzying.

More to come...

Cieyrin
2011-12-09, 12:04 PM
Barbarian Fast Movement is a nameless bonus, so it always stacks, so you don't need to say so.

Enraged Trip seems way too good, though maybe I'm having a vestige of "Melee can't have nice things," given Color Spray and Hold Person. Also, it's comparable to Three Mountains and you need rage on top of those feats plus BAB, so I may be overreacting. Also, it's coup de grace. :smallwink:

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-09, 12:16 PM
Barbarian Fast Movement is a nameless bonus, so it always stacks, so you don't need to say so.

Ah, I thought it was an enhancement bonus! Well, that makes things easier. Thanks.

Enraged Trip seems way too good, though maybe I'm having a vestige of "Melee can't have nice things," given Color Spray and Hold Person. Also, it's comparable to Three Mountains and you need rage on top of those feats plus BAB, so I may be overreacting. Also, it's coup de grace. :smallwink:

You have a limited number of rages per day. You have a limited number of rounds you can spend in each rage. (Rage is not like spellcasting. You don't eventually never run out)

The feat only works on creatures that are smaller than your increased Size, so if you have no other Size bonuses, generally it will only work on Medium or smaller creatures. You must make a melee touch attack, then you must make an opposed Strength check, allowing them to use either their Strength or Dexterity to avoid it. Then you need to successfully strike them, and you lose the bonus to hit them from them being prone. You must overcome damage reduction and regeneration. It allows a Fortitude save to negate, and it only lasts for one round, less if someone actually takes advantage of it.

Compare all this to ghoul touch, which a wizard gets at 3rd level. It only affects humanoids (who are all Medium or smaller), allows a Fortitude save to negate, requires only a melee touch attack (which you also require), causes paralysis, which lasts for 1d6+2 rounds, or an average of five times longer than Enraged Trip, and also sickens all other creatures within 10 feet.

And the spellcaster didn't even need to spend a feat to get that spell.

I think Enraged Trip is a perfectly fine feat.

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-09, 02:41 PM
Small update, with Enraged Grapple.

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-09, 07:48 PM
And another update, with the Wild Berserker feat, which relieves some worries about Frenzied Berserker TPKs.

Cieyrin
2011-12-09, 08:39 PM
And another update, with the Wild Berserker feat, which relieves some worries about Frenzied Berserker TPKs.

Seems a bit excessive with the Strength bonus to me, since you're already getting +10 Str minimum when you do that, plus the prereqs are the same as Frenzied Berserker, so it becomes a required feat if you're going that direction.

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-09, 08:44 PM
Seems a bit excessive with the Strength bonus to me, since you're already getting +10 Str minimum when you do that, plus the prereqs are the same as Frenzied Berserker, so it becomes a required feat if you're going that direction.

Yes, I listed the prerequisites to remind everyone PEACHing just how difficult it was to get into the Frenzied Berserker class.

However, my basis was the Reckless Rage feat, which gives you an additional +2 Str/Con while you rage, at an additional -2 AC. So if one feat can give you +2 Str/Con while you rage, why can't another feat give you +4 Str (and no Con) while you rage twice?

But I'll cut the bonus from Greater Frenzy to +6 instead of +8. Is that more reasonable?

Cieyrin
2011-12-09, 10:18 PM
Yes, I listed the prerequisites to remind everyone PEACHing just how difficult it was to get into the Frenzied Berserker class.

However, my basis was the Reckless Rage feat, which gives you an additional +2 Str/Con while you rage, at an additional -2 AC. So if one feat can give you +2 Str/Con while you rage, why can't another feat give you +4 Str (and no Con) while you rage twice?

But I'll cut the bonus from Greater Frenzy to +6 instead of +8. Is that more reasonable?

Reckless Rage also increases your penalties, which Wild Berserker doesn't. Anyways, yeah, that's a more reasonable change, I suppose. I'm just not seeing how being wilder than your average Berserker makes you less likely to gut your friends. As well, as you mentioned, its a reminder of the requirements but I don't see that this is the place for such a reminder, since you need Frenzy to make it work and Frenzied Berserker is the only source, they'll have to look at it, anyways. So, I'd just say change the prereqs to Frenzy ability and call it good.

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-09, 10:43 PM
Reckless Rage also increases your penalties, which Wild Berserker doesn't. Anyways, yeah, that's a more reasonable change, I suppose. I'm just not seeing how being wilder than your average Berserker makes you less likely to gut your friends. As well, as you mentioned, its a reminder of the requirements but I don't see that this is the place for such a reminder, since you need Frenzy to make it work and Frenzied Berserker is the only source, they'll have to look at it, anyways. So, I'd just say change the prereqs to Frenzy ability and call it good.

Fair enough. I changed the prerequisites, thought about adding the Iron Will feat, but the Frenzied Berserker class has two feat taxes already, so I think it's fair as is. Maybe I'll make it "Base Fort, Ref and Will +3". Would that work better, do you think?

Cieyrin
2011-12-09, 11:31 PM
Fair enough. I changed the prerequisites, thought about adding the Iron Will feat, but the Frenzied Berserker class has two feat taxes already, so I think it's fair as is. Maybe I'll make it "Base Fort, Ref and Will +3". Would that work better, do you think?

Otyugh Hole makes it not much of a tax, if you can get it allowed. I also wouldn't use all the Base saves, at least not Reflex, as I don't see where that part comes in. If you want to push the "No fail on 1" part, I'd pursue the Base Will specifically and ignore the other 2. Going straight Barbarian 6/FB 3, that means it comes online at 9th, so I suppose that works.

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-09, 11:49 PM
Otyugh Hole makes it not much of a tax, if you can get it allowed. I also wouldn't use all the Base saves, at least not Reflex, as I don't see where that part comes in. If you want to push the "No fail on 1" part, I'd pursue the Base Will specifically and ignore the other 2. Going straight Barbarian 6/FB 3, that means it comes online at 9th, so I suppose that works.

It's "No Fail on a 1" for all saving throws, so why would only Will be needed?

Noctis Vigil
2011-12-09, 11:59 PM
Are we allowed to suggest feats for you to add here?

Cieyrin
2011-12-10, 12:33 AM
It's "No Fail on a 1" for all saving throws, so why would only Will be needed?

Because I fail at reading comprehension, apparently?

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-10, 01:09 AM
Are we allowed to suggest feats for you to add here?

By all means! Seraphi Homebrew(TM) proudly accepts all requests and guarantees any suggested ideas all the consideration that I feel it is due (which, assuming it isn't a joke [unless I find the joke amusing], will probably result in at least an honest attempt to create a piece of homebrew)

Noctis Vigil
2011-12-10, 01:34 AM
Unbeaten Rage
Prerequisites: Great Fortitude, Greater Rage, Con 17
Benefits: Your body does not register injuries the same way a normal person does when your fury takes you. While Raging, you become immune to critical hits.

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-10, 01:41 AM
Unbeaten Rage
Prerequisites: Great Fortitude, Greater Rage, Con 17
Benefits: Your body does not register injuries the same way a normal person does when your fury takes you. While Raging, you become immune to critical hits.

Added, with credit.

Noctis Vigil
2011-12-10, 01:53 AM
And with far better wording. :smallsmile:

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-21, 12:52 AM
Update. Added Enraged Disarm and Enraged Spring Attack.