PDA

View Full Version : Gun-Kata build

Little Brother
2011-12-09, 05:34 AM
Okay, I freaking adore Iron Kingdoms, so I decided to try to throw a build together before I get to sleep this morning. Here we go

Assumptions: The EWP(Small firearms) qualifies for EWM
The maneuvers that don't specify melee attacks work with ranged
Human Paragon's advancing caster stuff works with psionics

So, here we go:

Human paragon 1/Ardent 2/Human Paragon +2/Swordsage 1/Slayer 1/Swordsage +1/Exotic Weapon Master 1/Slayer +1/Swordsage 1/Slayer +8/Swordsage +1

Or, if a lower-level game, take the 4th level of swordsage before the third level of Slayer

Statline I'm looking at: At level two: Str 8, Con 12, Dex 16, Int 14, Wis 16(18 w/Human Paragon), Charisma 10

Gear: Aptitude Light Pistol, Aptitude Radliffe Quad-Iron Pistol, Sleeve Holster thingy, Armored Greatcoat, Chain Shirt, and maybe Dastana and Chahar-Aina. A belt of Battle would be nice. Also, bonuses to Dex and Wis, and a skill item of Iaijutsu Focus. Thoughts?

So the damage will be, on the light gun thing is 2d6+(Enhancement)+1.5 Dex+(Maneuver damage+wisdom) Same, but 4d4 on the Radliffe thing. That's a decent amount of damage.

Feats: Dunno, all I know is I need Hand Crossbow Focus, EWP(Pistols), Adaptive Style, and Practiced Manifester, Dead-Eye, Crossbow Sniper, and Improved Initiative.

I'm using the Build-a-Mantle ACF to get Temporal Acceleration, Schism, and Call Weaponry. The rest are just for fun, those three are what I really like.

Thoughts? Ways to improve?

Metahuman1
2011-12-09, 11:39 AM
If the DM likes rule of Cool, ask him to house rule that Iaijutsu focus works for certain ranged weapons, like pistols, and pick up that as a class skill via human paragon.

Sgt. Cookie
2011-12-09, 01:26 PM
Two weapon fighting, defiantly. I've only seen the gun-kata compilation on Youtube, but from the looks of it the guy uses dual pistols a lot.

Little Brother
2011-12-09, 07:13 PM
If the DM likes rule of Cool, ask him to house rule that Iaijutsu focus works for certain ranged weapons, like pistols, and pick up that as a class skill via human paragon.Attaching a bayonet to a pistol solves that problem, and, yeah, that's the point of Human Paragon here.

Two weapon fighting, defiantly. I've only seen the gun-kata compilation on Youtube, but from the looks of it the guy uses dual pistols a lot.Two-Pistol Fighting is a decent feat . I guess I could use call weaponry to summon one, unload, then drop.

The issue is, you cannot load 1-handed, and reloading for free is good. Also, gun+punch from UASS is awesome.

Also, any thoughts on a pure mundane build? Maybe Elf(Okay, maybe I'm more of an agent at this point, but...)

I'm thinking, maybe, UA Swordsage 1/Warblade 2/Crusader 1/Warblade +1/Swordsage +3/Mot9 3(+2/Eternal Blade 6/something +1)

Or maybe human Warblade 1/Crusader 1/Warblade +1/Swordsage 4/Mot9 4/??? X

Feats: 1:Dodge, H: EWP(Pistol), F: Improved Initiative, F:Adaptive Style, 3:Blindfight, 6:Hand Crossbow Focus, 9: Dead Eye

The idea is building an Idiot Crusader, but also trying to take care of getting some sweet, sweet Tiger Claw maneuvers on it, since I see no reason why it wouldn't work. Other than that, Shadow Hand(for non-magical teleports), plus a touch of everything for saves, IHS, and White Raven Tactics.

Thoughts on that?

Little Brother
2011-12-10, 05:45 AM
Guys! I just figured out something. As far as I can tell, anything that is an attack with a melee weapon within its reach is considered a melee attack. That means, as far as I can tell, if I just stick a Bayonet or something on a pistol, presto-change-o, I can use it for strikes at point-blank range, and don't provoke attacks of opportunity. Does this trick work, or will I have to waste a level on EWM? Now I wanted to combine Tiger Claw with Master of the Nine on a Crusader, but Mot9 is so feat-intensive, I'm having issues.

My newer build is looking like Warblade 1/SS 2/Warblade+1/Crusader 1/Bloodclaw Master 5/(Eternal Blade 5?/Mot9 5?)

The classes in parens are ones I like, but am unsure of. Thoughts?

Feats: EWP: Small firearms, Hand Crossbow Focus, Dead-eye, Two-Pistol Fighting(Assuming it would qualify for Bloodclaw Master by DM approval), Adaptive Style, (Desert Wind Dodge, if Human), Improved Initiative, Blindfight, and then ???, in approximately this order.

Is there a feat to replace Discipline Weapon? I like it and all, but it's really expensive to run two and all, plus the calling crystals, and a Spare Arm for reloading... Strapped for cash. Statline is something like STR 8/Dex 16/con 12/Int 14/wis 16/cha 10

Morph Bark
2011-12-10, 10:40 AM
Also, gun+punch from UASS is awesome.

Too bad I cannot find a vid of it on YouTube, else I would've linked to the punch-gun scene from Inglourious Basterds.