PDA

View Full Version : Covering the Gaps

Nabirius
2011-12-09, 06:02 AM
Sorry for all the build questions, my biggest flaw is constantly changing my build. But the main problem is that I'm in a party of 3 or possibly 4 that keeps changing and it wildly different in terms of optimization. We are starting level 9 (technically we are all level 10 with one class that we are unaware of granted by the gods). The team thus far consists of a Druid 9 who wild shapes into a Celestial mage-bred ghost tiger as his signature form (and who may be considering being a Planar Shepard, for the lulz). And Sorcerer 9 (those levels might also be prestige classes like elemental master or spark) that will be using nothing but lightning magic. And possibly a ghost fighter or some sort of cleric (that one is REALLY uncertain).

Here's the problem I know the people in the group. In the last RPG we played both of the known players were members of the group. The Druid player hates magic or anything really supernatural, he's a druid simply in order to pounce on people as a kitty, he has already expressed an unwillingness to buff himself (or us, or heal or really anything) because it would waste time. The Sorcerer played a complete sociopath with a penchant for for standing in the open with no cover and tank bullets with her face in our last game. She may drop the psychopath part, but she will still want to do nothing more than blow stuff up.

I need a build that will be a skill monkey with trap-finding capabilities, good combat options, stealth, some ability to buff/debuff, control the battlefield somewhat, and have some healing ability just in case.

zimmerwald1915
2011-12-09, 06:21 AM
What books are on the table? Factotum or Beguiler seem to fit your needs, if Dungeonscape or PHBII respectively are available.

Nabirius
2011-12-09, 01:22 PM
Pretty much all books are on the table as long as the DM gets Christmas break to look over and approve of a character. I've been considering Factotum, but the DM won't let me take Font of Inspiration, which I'm told I need if I don't want to fall behind. Will that actually make a huge difference?

We also get 45000 gold before the start of the campaign, any idea what I should spend it on?

Jheska
2011-12-09, 02:06 PM
Kobold cloistered cleric with the kobold, knowledge and trickery domains?

Small size, six skill points per level and your domains providing trapfinding and all necessary class skills let you fill the rogues job quite nicely. Cleric buffing will let you turn yourself into a beast in melee combat base chasis almost regardless, as well as to help your allies.

Having not played one too much I'm unsure how good they are at de-buffing/crowd control and I know they're nothing on a wizard but I think they're still pretty good.

Even has healing just in case (spontaneous of course, never prepare that crap)

Nabirius
2011-12-09, 10:35 PM
Kobold cloistered cleric with the kobold, knowledge and trickery domains?

Small size, six skill points per level and your domains providing trapfinding and all necessary class skills let you fill the rogues job quite nicely. Cleric buffing will let you turn yourself into a beast in melee combat base chasis almost regardless, as well as to help your allies.

Having not played one too much I'm unsure how good they are at de-buffing/crowd control and I know they're nothing on a wizard but I think they're still pretty good.

Even has healing just in case (spontaneous of course, never prepare that crap)

Cloistered Clerics automatically gain the knowledge domain, not need to take it twice. Also how does this give me access to trapfinding?

zimmerwald1915
2011-12-09, 10:43 PM
Cloistered Clerics automatically gain the knowledge domain, not need to take it twice. Also how does this give me access to trapfinding?
Kobold Domain gives what amounts to trapfinding.

Curmudgeon
2011-12-09, 10:48 PM
Link to Kobold Domain (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060420a).

Gavinfoxx
2011-12-09, 10:58 PM
Skill monkeyyyy!

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=292794