PDA

View Full Version : Army of Adepts

The Witch-King
2011-12-09, 08:13 AM
I'm sketching out an evil noble class right now and I'm planning to give them an ability that works like Leadership except they get twice as many followers but the followers all have to be from NPC classes. My concern is for player abuse.

So the question is: what's the worst you could do if you took all your Followers as Adepts?

Urpriest
2011-12-09, 10:37 AM
Followers already must be from NPC classes.

Pilo
2011-12-09, 10:46 AM
It depends of how many followers you have.

If you have 10 or less it would not break the game.

If you have hundreds of them, you can create mini-tsunami by having them all cast create water.

LibraryOgre
2011-12-09, 10:50 AM
Followers already must be from NPC classes.

I don't see that in the rules. Do you have a reference?

Urpriest
2011-12-09, 11:03 AM
I don't see that in the rules. Do you have a reference?

Hmm, it appears the rule was eliminated in the transition from 3.0 to 3.5. That said, the 3.5 rules give explicit language about what traits of a cohort one can try to attract, and gives no such language for followers, which implies players have no choice in the matter when it comes to follower classes. But DMs usually delegate that choice to the players anyway, so it's not terribly relevant.

Demons_eye
2011-12-09, 11:23 AM
It depends of how many followers you have.

If you have 10 or less it would not break the game.

If you have hundreds of them, you can create mini-tsunami by having them all cast create water.

Expanding on this, with enough people sooner or later foes will roll 1's on saving throws. Cause Fear, Command, Sleep, and Touch of Fatigue.

Obscuring mist is fun if you have a cliff and enough people to keep it hidden.