PDA

View Full Version : Deathlock [3.5 Base Class]

Wavelab
2011-12-09, 01:02 PM
Deathlock

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/328/4/3/evil_mage_by_rampaig3-d33i8c6.jpg

"Go burn in Hell!"
-The most common threat among Deathlocks.

A deathlock is a being who makes a pact with evil. Be it a powerful undead creature, and evil god or even one of the Elder Evils, they draw to powers even more vile than a warlock in search of their power. They are the bane of society, and are frowned upon by the good kingdoms.

Adventures: Most deathlocks adventure to improve their power. They might also seek a powerful being or artifact to draw power from.

Characteristics: They focus on attacking from a distance and letting their pets run into the chaos of the fight.

Alignment: Deathlocks are evil by association. Once they make a pact with the evil being they instantly become evil. They can from then on change alignment to anything except good.

Religion: They usually worship the being that gave them their power, or a god that suits their ideals.

Background: A deathlock is usually stricken by an unfortunate event as a child, making him seek revenge.

Races: Vashar are usually the most likely race to become a Deathlock, with humans second.

Other Classes: Deathlocks get along with most other evil spellcasters or invocation users.

Role: The role of a Deathlock is to do damage from a distance while his pet does melee damage.

GAME RULE INFORMATION
Deathlocks have the following game statistics.
Abilities: Charimsa is the most important ability.
Alignment: Must be Evil.
Hit Die: d6
Starting Age: As Wizard
Starting Gold: 4d4x10gp

Class Skills
The Deathlock's class skills are: Bluff(Cha), Concentration(Con), Craft(Int), Intimidate(Cha), Knowledge(Arcane, Religion, The Planes)(Int), Profesion(Wis), Spellcraft(Int), Use Magic Device(Cha).

Skill Points at First Level: (4 + Int modifier) x 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier

Deathlock
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|+0|+0|+0|+2|Infernum

2nd|+1|+0|+0|+3|

3rd|+1|+1|+1|+3|Dark Pet

4th|+2|+1|+1|+4|Dark Blessing

5th|+2|+1|+1|+4|Cold Infernum

6th|+3|+2|+2|+5|

7th|+3|+2|+2|+5|Horrid Aura

8th|+4|+2|+2|+6|Favored Enemy

9th|+4|+3|+3|+6|Burn the Hell out of them

10th|+5|+3|+3|+7|Favored Enemy

11th|+5|+3|+3|+7|Acid Infernum

12th|+6/+1|+4|+4|+8|

13th|+6/+1|+4|+4|+8|The Dreaded One

14th|+7/+2|+4|+4|+9|Curse the Magiks

15th|+7/+2|+5|+5|+9|Horrid Aura

16th|+8/+3|+5|+5|+10|

17th|+8/+3|+5|+5|+10|

18th|+9/+4|+6|+6|+11|

19th|+9/+4|+6|+6|+11|

20th|+10/+5|+6|+6|+12|I deny Thee!

[/table]

Class Features
All the following are Class Features of the Deathlock.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
The Deathlock has proficiency with all simple weapons but with no armor or shields. His invocations can be used without provoking arcane spell failure.

Infernum (Sp):
Starting at 1st level a Deathlock learns how to fuel his hate and evil into the world, producing flames. As a standard action he can produce flames anywhere within 120 ft. that cover one 5 ft. square per level. The flames burn at a hight of 10 ft. per 5 levels. This flame lasts for 1 round per level. Any part of the flame(from a single 5ft. square to the entire thing) can be suppressed as a swift action and resumed again as a move action.

The Deathlock chooses one side of the area to radiate fire from. Anybody touching the wall is dealt 1d6+1 fire damage per 2 levels, anyone within 5 ft. of the wall is dealt half that, and anyone within 10 ft. of the wall is dealt quarter of the main damage. Enemies dealt damage by the wall are allowed a fortitude save(10+ half the Deathlock's levels + The Deathlock's charisma modifier) for half damage.

Infernum can be used to target a single enemy as well. When targeting a single enemy it functions exactly the same except the target is dealt 1d6+2 damage/level.

At 5th level the Deathlock can use it to deal cold damage.

At 11th level the Deathlock can use it to deal acid damage.

Dark Pet:
At 3rd level the Deathlock gains an ghostly animal companion. The base creature is chosen from the following list(all of them are ethereal): badger, camel, dire rat, dog, riding dog, eagle, hawk, horse (light or heavy), owl, pony, snake (Small or Medium viper), or wolf. If the campaign takes place wholly or partly in an aquatic environment, the following creatures are also available: porpoise, Medium shark, and squid. The Dark Pet is loyal to it's evil master. Once the Dark Pet is chosen it cannot be changed at a later stage. Once the animal is chosen, it becomes a magical beast. As the Deathlock advances in level so does the Dark Pet. See below for more information.

Dark Blessing (Su):
At 4th level a Deathlock applies his Charisma Modifier as a bonus on all saving throws.

Horrid Aura (Su):
As a full round action a Deathlock of 7th level may emit an aura of malignity. The aura makes fresh food go rotten, and makes babies cries. The aura is 30 ft. in size. Every enemy within the aura makes a will save (10+ half the Deathlock's levels + The Deathlock's charisma modifier). If a enemy fails it's save it takes a penalty to all it's rolls(skill checks, saves, attack rolls, etc.) and it's Armor Class and Spell Resistance equal to the half Deathlock's charisma modifier. This penalty lasts until the enemy leaves the aura and 2 rounds after. The ability has a limit of -1(Giving the enemies a bonus of +1). This aura can be suppressed as a swift action.

At 15th level the aura extends to 60 ft.

Favored Enemy (Ex)
At 8th level the Deathlock has grown to enjoy killing one race above all. This functions like the ranger ability of the same name with the exception that the weapon damage, is replaced with Infernum damage.

At 10th level he chooses another race and gains a bonus to the previous race chosen.

Burn the Hell out of them (Su):
At 9th level when a Deathlock kills an enemy with his Infernum ability, he gains a bonus to his Armor Class and To-Hit. This bonus is equal to the creature's hit dice/3 rounded down. This bonus stacks, up to a total equal to the Deathlock's Charisma Modifier. This bonus lasts 1 hour and is renewed whenever the Deathlock kills another enemy.

The Dreaded One:
At 13th level the Deathlock undergoes a transformation from man to evil. He gains the undead type and the [evil] subtype. He rerolls all his hit dice as d12's. If he is ever destroyed his Dark Pet's life is sacrificed for him. The Rejuvination ability of the pets takes 2d4 weeks to complete if this ability is used.

Curse the Magiks (Su/Sp):
At 14th level the Deathlock becomes so potent that magic struggles to affect him. He gains spell resistance equal to 10 + The Deathlock's level.

I deny thee! (Su):
After studying the Elder Evils a Deathlock has learned how to channel their hate of the gods. When a Deathlock reaches 20th level all divine spells cast within 120 ft. or that target him have a -10 penalty to caster level.

Dark Pet:

{table=head]Master's Level|Stat Adjustment|Negative Level Damage|Special
1st-2nd|-|-|-
3rd-5th|+1|1|Evasion, Immunity to Infernum, Ethereal
6th-8th|+2|2|
9th-11th|+3|2|Rejuvination
12th-14th|+4|3|Improved Evasion
15th-17th|+5|3|
18th-20th|+6|4|
[/table]

Dark Pet Basics
Use the base statistics for a creature of the pet’s kind, but make the following changes:

Master's Level:
The number of levels the pet's master has in the Deathlock Class.

Hit Dice:
Add half the master's hit dice to the pet's hit dice.

Stat Adjustment:
This adjustment applies to the pet's dexterity and intelligence scores.

Negative Level Damage (Su):
Every time the pet attacks an enemy using any of it's natural weapons it inflicts the listed number of negative levels. After 24 hours the target has to make a fortitude save(10 + Half the Pet's hit dice + The master's charisma modifier) or the negative levels become permanent.

Ethereal
The Dark Pet is ethereal in nature. It has the ethereal subtype. It can manifest as an incorporeal creature as a move action. When in incorporeal form it's natural weapons function as ghost touch weapons.

Evasion (Ex):
If a dark pet is subjected to an attack that normally allows a Reflex saving throw for half damage, it takes no damage if it makes a successful saving throw.

Immunity to Infernum
The Dark Pet is immune to it's master's Infernum ability.

Rejuvination
Functions as the ghost ability. If the Dark Pet has died and then gains this ability afterwards he is brought back.

Improved Evasion (Ex)
When subjected to an attack that normally allows a Reflex saving throw for half damage, an animal companion takes no damage if it makes a successful saving throw and only half damage if the saving throw fails.

togapika
2011-12-09, 02:09 PM
I deny thee! (Su):
After studying the Elder Evils a Deathlock has learned how to channel their hate of the gods. When a Deathlock reaches 20th level no divine spell that stems from a good deity can be cast/venture/exist within 60 ft. of the Deathlock. Not even spells that would normally bypass an anti-magic field or a dead magic zone can function within this area.

That's gonna really piss off the cleric of the party...also favored soul

Wavelab
2011-12-09, 02:11 PM

But what are the chances of a deathlock adventuring with a good cleric/favored soul anyway?

togapika
2011-12-09, 02:29 PM
But what are the chances of a deathlock adventuring with a good cleric/favored soul anyway?

People will try anything once...

Wavelab
2011-12-09, 02:32 PM
People will try anything once...

Well... If they can bluff through that, they'll certainly find it weird that when the party reaches 20th level they can't cast divine spells anymore.

But if there's anything balance wise that can be improved, just tell me. I'm also looking for a Tier ranking on it?

Mangles
2011-12-10, 07:39 AM
Abilities: Charimsa is the most important ability.

You know, not really. This guy doesn't have an attribute that he requires. Sure having a high Char gives him some extra AC and at level 14 some extra SR, and since he has nothing else he needs to boost you may as well put it in Char, but he is not dependent on any attribute. He is less than SAD, he is NAD.

Skills

Pretty standard stuff here, nothing interesting but nothing interesting is really expected.

Invocations and Infernum

This is ridiculous! This class can do damage at will with no save thanks to Infernum, and with the additional invocations that you created can do it every round without the enemy even getting energy resistance to it. There is a whole PrC (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20061207a&page=3) devoted to giving hellfire damage. The kind of damage that is unblockable by all energy resistance and has some major drawbacks with use and only allows for a total of +6d6 damage. In addition you still need to make an attack roll to hit the target and have worked up to this point with your character by gaining a weird language and one of the lessor blast options.

Compair that to this class. You get hellfire damage as much as you want at level 6. No chance of miss on the damage either. From now on 6 different enemies take 3d6+3 damage per round. Only a fort save for half damage. No evasion, No AC. If you have someone with SR then no probs from level 11. It needs SR and Acid resit to have a chance, and probably a high fort save as well.

If the enemies stay still for any reason you can do the dots to even more people as each flame lasts 6 rounds. At level 6 you can cover 180 feet of ground in constant fire. Luckily you can only produce flames in 120 foot area. So why not just walk around in a 5 foot cube safe zone as everything burns around you, permanently. Hell set the air 10 foot above you on fire as well, nothing gets in without taking the damage.

Dark Pet:

Was the standard pet stuff just not enough power. This thing is better than a druid pet. More hit dice, more stats, more destruction. Take a wolf for raw damage sure. But why not take a raven with fly by attack. Since its extra HD gives it feats.

No one will take a bat ever. They can't attack things.

At 4th level a Deathlock applies his Charisma Modifier as a bonus on all saving throws.

May as well. Char is the only stat this guy "needs". Best have it do something.

Horrid Aura (Su)
As a full round action a Deathlock of 7th level may emit an aura of malignity. The aura makes fresh food go rotten, and makes babies cries. As a bonus addition any animal within the aura becomes panicked and runs away from the Deathlock.

This actually made me laugh a bit. You see when this aura is active. Your dark pet can't get near you, and once again there is no save to the panicked animal part of this ability. Any creature with the animal type would have to turn and run. Including your own. The rest of it is just made for making barbarians useless if they can get to you. Save-or suck

Favored Enemy (Ex)
I thought this was the Ranger ability, and was surprised about the good flavour this ability would give this class. Then I realised that it wasn't that ability. Here is my Deathlock's back story. I hate the multi-verse and everything within it. Done deal, an extra 50% damage for me.

Burn the Hell out of them

Every hour, just for kicks, I grab a rat out of this bag of rats I've been carrying around, and declare it as my enemy before burning it. It's not like I need sleep anyway to replenish spells. May as well burn rats and keep my AC up.

The Dreaded One

Does this guy really need undead imunities as well as the corrupted template. Plus a bite and claw he will never use, when he can just make unstoppable fire appear at all the enemies feat and do so much more damage. Plus you know now disruptive attack on your complete burn of the 120 foot sphere around you, except where your allies stand of course. Just to let you know, at this level he can fill the floor plan of that 120 feet in 2 rounds and do (6d6+6)*1.5 hellfire damage to everything in it. In a few levels even SR won't block the damage.

Curse the Magiks (Ex)
Extrodanary SR that bites back. Wizard casts spell, fails and looses a level all in one go. No save for the spell caster either. Doesn't matter for the barbarian but he isn't going to get that fort save and won't be able to hit the deathlock anyway.

Double Agumentation
Hellfire Acid and call it a day. Now this is only if your not allowed to apply the eldritch blast abilities to this class, which I think is a fair assumption. Still, now things can fort save for half damage or suck it!

I deny thee! (Su)
Ok this is just silly. Luckily level 20 is silly, but still. Nothing from a divine caster. That's just plain wrong.

Least:
Frigus - Changes Infernum damage to cold.
Sure take it at level 1. Anything immune to fire, hit with cold.

Lesser:
Tenebrous - Changes Infernum damage to negative energy.
Hellish - Changes Infernum's fire damage to Hellfire damage.
Infernal Frigus - Changes Infernum damage to piercing cold.

Take hellfire. Now energy type doesn't matter. Try trade out Frigus because you will never use it again. Dunno if piercing cold is the same as Hellfire in that it doesn't have an energy immunity. If so than take your pick. When you get the undead template take the negative energy. You and your dark pet now heal unlimited amounts.

Greater:
Horrid - Makes Infernum do vile damage.
Corrupted - Adds the evil tag to Infernum and makes half of it do unholy damage.
Draining - Half of the damage Infernum deals heals the Deathlock.
Corrosive - Changes Infernum damage to acid and ignores spell resistance.

Skip all of these but corrosive. SR is now not a problem

Dark:
Negative - Makes Infernum inflict negative levels equal to level/4.
Weakening - Makes Infernum drain level/4 points from one ability.

Take negative when you can. Make it a negative corrosive attack. Level drain everything of equal level to death in 4 rounds. Remove all those high level spells from all wizards in round 1. Plus 5 levels of BAB and Saves are just gone.

This is a Tier 3 class. It is capable of doing 1 thing quite well. Destroying everything within a 120 foot sphere of itself is that one thing. Outside of that, thanks to having access to invocations it can probably do much more than a bard, but less versatility than a sorcerer.

If this is meant to sit next to the warlock as a comparison than it fails to deliver on any front. This class panders to what children want when they play fantasy, but don't realise it is what is keeping them back. They want to hit things with the biggest stick. Well good sir your stick is bigger than the warlocks. But the pleasure someone would get out of this class is limited by the ways you can use this Stick, and this class can only use its stick in one way, and a boring one at that. Here is my sample attack plan.

DM: Its Joes turn.
Joe: I set all the enemies on fire.
DM: OK, so the Fire wolf has an AC of 18
Joe: Nope it auto hits
DM: OK than lets see the fort save (rolls fort saves) and it takes 30 damage
Joe: Don't forget that hellfire has no energy resistance
DM: *sigh* so it take 40 damage but luckily it has SR
Joe: Nope its SR doesn't count either.
DM: ...... It has a fort save of 1 000 000, takes only 20 damage. It runs up and bites your head off
Joe: Nope its an animal. Can't get within 60 feet of me.

Do you see how bad this is. No one can hit you and you just kill everything within 120 feet of you instantly. If not instantly than within the few rounds it takes for them to realise that you can't be attacked in any way.

In addition I thought the flavour of this class was a bit bland. Its a EVILTM warlock. Warlocks are pretty much already all evil, and those that aren't are questionable.

/Scathing Review.

The Underlord
2011-12-10, 05:59 PM
My only prbolem with infernum is it sounds uncreative, like you decided to mix 'infernal' and 'incarnum'.

More seroiusly, how is 10d6+10 damage even relevent at high levels? Unaviodable damage? Who cares? you get a save for half, and it is close to no damage at all. Where are you getting the 'nothing can attack it' thing?

Wavelab
2011-12-10, 06:05 PM
My only prbolem with infernum is it sounds uncreative, like you decided to mix 'infernal' and 'incarnum'.

More seroiusly, how is 10d6+10 damage even relevent at high levels? Unaviodable damage? Who cares? you get a save for half, and it is close to no damage at all. Where are you getting the 'nothing can attack it' thing?

Actually Infernum is the latin word for Hell.

So someone is complaining about it being too powerful, and another complaining about it losing relevance at higher levels.

I'll make some adjustments to the other abilities as soon as I get to my laptop.

bobthe6th
2011-12-10, 07:48 PM
vile damage is scary as *bleep*, you can't avoid it and it is hard to remove. negative levels are worse. abilaty damage to...

really, it should be a lot weaker, perhapce dealing only half damage when it converts.

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-10, 08:14 PM
Yeesh. Where to start?

Alright, first of all, all base classes have Craft and Profession as class skills. You never use them, but you never want to make a class without them either. (They are ways to use your extra skill points to earn money)

The Dark Pet's negative levels need a saving throw DC to resist after 24 hours (when they result in real level loss). It would be Fortitude, probably 10+1/2 HD+Con.

Dark Pet- An animal with higher than 2 Intelligence is no longer an animal. I suggest you clarify that a Dark Pet with 3 Intelligence or higher is considered a magical beast. Otherwise, once it gets that +1 Int, it won't qualify as your servant anymore and the class feature will stop working (same reason a familiar is considered a magical beast)

Horrid Aura- This should definitely have a minimum of -0 (I would suggest -1) otherwise you might have someone throwing Charisma drain on you and then you end up buffing all your enemies with your negative Charisma modifier.

The Dreaded One- Generally speaking, you allow a character who becomes undead to reroll all his current hit dice as d12s, since he no longer has a Constitution score.

Curse the Magicks- Spell resistance and energy drain are not extraordinary abilities. You need a saving throw for the negative level's actual level loss.

Other than that, the class looks pretty good. Lots of interesting evil warlock abilities.

Togath
2011-12-10, 10:39 PM

actually, by it's current wording, a good cleric that either uses a cause for his power source, or his own force of will isn't affected by it, so in theory a good cleric(or even a paladin, as paladins also do not need deities) could still be in the same adventuring party as a deathlock, as long as they don't use a deity for a power source

Wavelab
2011-12-11, 02:04 AM
Update completed.

Maraxus1
2011-12-11, 05:22 AM
Oh, man, you already made one?
After your call in the other thread I started one myself but sadly, I just got to an alpha version now. Definitly not complete yet but alas, your's is not finished, too, So I just present mine here and you can decide, what you want to pick from it:
Okay, this might be fun. :) And I have a bit of more time today. (Edit: well, yesterday and today morning)

Some thinks in front:

A class is about what you can do, your abilities.
Evilness is about what you do do, your actions.
If you try to put to much evilness into a class the character made using this class is in a serious risk to become a stereotype.

The Fire thing: A Ring of fire is a complicated shape, for the ease of playing this should not be the level 1 at will ability of a class. Really just for playability's sake.

So, what do you want ... Undead/Warlock theme ... so I think kind of a grinder like character, little but solid damage output with some defensive abilities, maybe also a debuffer, going the enervation etc. rout of necromancy spells.

Overall: It is supposed to be a little more "feeble" then standard warlock (I once concept an Orc Barbarian 1 / Warlock X taking this eldrich shape invocation to deliver his blast with the great-sword first. Definitely an interesting way to play a Warlock that you don't expect when you read the class).
Thus the Deathlock (working title), should have a d4 hit die, good will save only, poor BAB.

1st level: I think I like the "unholy fire" idea. I also want him to be undead seamed from the very first level, I'm thinking of a "ghost familiar" here. Just no real ghost, something way less powerful.
Together, these abilities should be enough for first level with the right details:

Fire of Malebolge (Su) A target within 25 ft +5ft/level is burned by flames breaking from the ground, dealing 1d4 damage /2 levels (minimum 1d4). This ability can not target creatures flying more then 5ft above the ground, nor can it be used against targets in or on water.

Ghost Familiar: The character gains the service of a ghost familiar, a loyal ally native to the ethereal plane. The Ghost Familiar can telepathically communicate with its master and can take possession of corpses. It gains additional abilities, as the master rises in power.
If the Ghost Familiar is destroyed, the Deathlock may reanimate it (or create a new one, no difference) in a ritual that takes 24 hours and requires onyxs worth at least 50 gp per Deathlock level.

{table=head] Master Level | Animations Str | Abilities
1st | 0 | Animate body, Mind link 5 ft, Toughness |
3rd | 1 | Malebolge Resistances |
5th | 2 | Move earth 1/day |
7th | 3 | Negative energy attack |
9th | 4 | Mind link (long) |
11th | 5 | Move earth 3/day |
13th | 6 | Energy drain |
15th | 7 | Spell Resistance |
17th | 8 | Sense link |
19th | 9 | Manifestation |
[/table]

Animate body (Su): The Ghost Familiar can posess a dead body by merging into it from the Ethereal plane (a 1 round action). The creature then acts as a Zombie in all respects. Creatures that can not be turned into Zombies (no skeletal system, etc.) or that have more HD then the Master's Deathlock Class Level can not be animated. The Zombie's Strength is increased by the number in the "Animations Str" column of above table. If the Zombie is destroyed, the Ghost familiar is ejected into the Ethereal plane again and dazed for 1 round.

Mind link: The Familiar can telepathically communicate with it's master, even if the master is on the material plane and the familiar on the ethereal plane, as long as the master is within 5 ft. at 9th level, the range dramatically increases to 100ft +10ft per level, or 1 mile, if the Familiar is using it's Animate body or Manifestation ability.

Malebolge Resistances: The Diabolic Powers the Deathlock wields protect the familiar and any Zombie created through the animate body ability. This results in a resistance of 5 against fire, cold and positive energy.

Move earth 1/day (Sp): Once per day, the Ghost Familiar can Move earth as the spell, except that the Area is restricted to one 10ft³ cube. At Level 11, the number of uses per day rises to 3.

Negative energy attack: The Familiar, in it's ethereal form or whenever possessing a Zombie adds 1d6 negative energy damage to it's attacks.

Energy drain: A creature damaged by the Familiar's negative energy must make a fortitude save (DC= Master's Deathlock level plus familiar's charisma bonus if positive) or gain one negative level for 1 Minute / level. The Familiar gains 5 temporary hit points.

Spell Resistance: The Familiar gets a spell resistance of 10+Level, in it's ethereal form or as a Zombie.

Sense link: If the Familiar is animating a body or manifesting on the Material plane, the Master can look through it's eyes if he is within 1 mile. He can use his invocations through this link, too.

Manifestation: The Ghost Familiar can manifest as an incorporeal creature on the material plane. It's Slam becomes an incorporeal touch attack.

{table=head] Nmae: | Ghost Familiar
Size/Type: | Small Undead
Hit Dice: | As Master (Master/2 + 3 hp)
Initiative: | +3
Speed: | Fly 40 ft. (8 squares) perfect maneuverability
Armor Class: | 17 (+1 size, +3 Dex, +3 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 14
Base Attack: | As Master
Attack: | Slam (1d4)
Space/Reach: | 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: | -
Special Qualities: | Low-light vision, Darkvision 60 ft
Base Saves: | As Master
Abilities: | Str 10, Dex 17, Con -, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8
Skills: | Hide +8, Listen +6, Move Silently +4, Spot +6 |
Feats: | Alertness, Toughness, Weapon Finesse[/table]

Okay, let's move on to the further abilities, it's time to think about Invocations... Looking at the Warlock and comparing (BAB, HD are lower in this one), I think one each level after the first is okay (19 total compared to Warlocks 12). A few Necromantic cornerstones can then still be added by default, if I don't make the list of available invocations overpowered. THis is good, because I want that "Master of the dead" to be always available, as well as a continuous drift towards undeath.
For the Invocations I will borrow partly from the Soul Devourer.

Level 2-5: Least,
Level 6-10: Least or lesser,
Level 11-15: Least, lesser or greater,
Level 16-20: Least, lesser, greater or dark.

Least

See the Unseen (2nd): The Deathlock can see beyond the soul of a creature even if the creature is invisible. While under the effect of this invocation he is under the effect of a see invisibility spell. This invocation has a duration of 24 hours.

Unholy Demeanor (1st): The Deathlock wraps his form in dark shadows giving him a 10% miss chance to all attacks and a + 10 to intimidate checks. This invocation lasts 24 hours.

Dark Voice (2nd): By issuing a powerful dark phrase the Deathlock shatters objects. This invocation duplicates the effects of a shatter spell.

Death’s Messenger (2nd): As a move action the soul devourer can command a creature who is has slain to rise again through powerful necromantic magic. The creature is raised as an unseen servant able to life and manipulates 40 pounds of material. This creature can also speak common and shares a telepathic bond with the Soul devourer. This minion disappears after 1 hour or after taking 6 points of damage from an area attack.

Necrotic Ray (1st): The soul devourer sends a ray of pure negative energy at a target. This ability duplicates the effects of the Ray of Enfeeblement spell.

Darkness: Use darkness as the spell.

Summon Swarm: Use summon swarm as the spell.

Invisibility to undead: As spell + duration 24 hours.

Cloak of faces: Disguise self, Bluff +10

Cloak of fatigue: If attacked in melee, save or fatigue on attacker (only, no exhaustion)

Lesser

Fly: Self only, land speed, good maneuverability

Invisibility: Self only, as spell.

Cloak of fear: If attacked in melee, save or shaken on attacker. If already shaken, frightened.

Ray of Exhausion: As spell

Sacrifice: One controlled undead is destroyed. The deathlock gets it's current HP in temporary HP. Intelligent undead get a saving throw and on success are uncontrolled afterwards.

Life Leech: A target in close range takes 1d6/4 levels negative energy damage. Fortitude halves. The Deathlock heals the same amount of damage.

Pain: Foot - as Caltrop, Arm - -2 attack/damage, Head - Concentration vs. Level Check to cast a spell. No save.

Greater

Poison: The Deathlock can poison a person or object. When using this invocation, the Deathlock chooses an ability score to be effected. If he uses the ability directly against a target, initial and secondary poison damage are 1d10, used on weapons or on food, the damage is 1d8 (on injury or ingestion, the poison is tasteless), using the poison on any other surface (and delivering it via contact) cases 1d6 ability score damage initial and secondary. The Deathlock may poison up to 1 object per caster level per day and the poison looses it's potency after one day.

Disease: Like the contagion spell but no touch required (range 25 + 5ft/2 levels) and the target is highly contagious: Merely touching him can spread the disease, although secondary victims have incubation periods as normal.

Curse: Like bestow curse, but the Deathlock does not need to touch the target, if instead he has something coming from the targets body (a hair, a drop of blood or ... well ... excrements work too). The maximum range is 1 mile and if the target is not in sight, the invocation time increases to 10 minutes.

Cloak of Aversion: One will save needed each to aproach below 30ft, 20ft and 10ft. can spend full round actions to force another save forcing the target back.

Cloak of Stunning: If attacked in melee, save or stun 1 round on attacker, +3d6 damage with dagger-like weapons and save or dazed 1 additional round against stunned opponents.

Undead Marshall: The Deathlock can grand any undead a teamfighting bonus. This results in a +1 competence bonus either to attack and AC or to attack and weapon damage. for every other teamfighting undead within 5ft to a maximum of +3.

Age: This ages the target by 5d6 years, Fortitude halves. The Deathlock gains a temporary hit point per year. The target must make an immediate fortitude save once it passes it's maximum age or die. Every additional use of this ability will force another save and once the target ages beyond the maximum age possible for it's race 110 years for humans, any year above this will increase the DC by 1. Dragons and creatures without a maximum age are not effected by this invocation. A Greater Restoration spell can undo the aging, if used within one week per caster level.

Dark

Etherealness: The Deathlock can switch between the Ethereal and Material plane at will.

Dark Foresight: Use foresight as the spell, and communicate
telepathically with a close target of the effect.

Master of many eyes: Greater Invisibility (self only), Mayor Image, Hallucinatory Terrain, Blindness

Sense of life and undeath: Be aware of every living and undead creature within 100 ft +10 ft/level, it's HD, current HP and any conditions. He knows their locations but they still have full concealment, unless he can normally see them.

Cloak of death: If attacked in melee, save or 10d6 damage, death for lesser enemies.

Broken Mirror: Creates 1 shadow per target. The shadows are uncontrolled and only driven by the desire to kill the creatures they sprung from, will dissipate once their targets are dead. Same target can only be choosen after 24 hours again.

More to come, specifically Fire of Malebolge essences/shapes and modifications to the other class abilities (Like something to up the fire damage, even though allowing a save then). But let's brainstorm that first.
I looked into The rebuke/control undead thing and it might be a nice addition but the problem I have with it is, that I want this "Wall of Zombies/Skeletons" image and there is really no reason for a Necromancer to run around with Zombies and Skeletons, when HD are the metric, that says, what and how much he can control. Those undead just have way to many HD when compared to more creative undead like Shadows, Ghouls, Wight or Wraith. ... And generally speaking: Whether a Level 20 Character has a 10 HD Zombie (CR~3) controlled is so massively unimportant, it's not even worth noticing. Now, among undead, Those 2 types are specifically notable because they are the core mindless undead. I do have a good feeling to generalize the idea: Mindless undead = Twice as much HD per power then those, that think for themselves. Thus:

Masterful rebuke undead (Su): From second level on, the Deathlock can Rebuke and Control undead like an evil Cleric of his level can. He can also Dispell Turning and Bolster Undead and may use all those abilities unlimited times per day.
The total number of undead, he can control at a time is equal to twice his class level and mindless undead count as having only half the HD they actually have (round down).
He does not need any kind of (un)holy symbol.

Master of mindless masses (Su): From Level 3 on, the Deathlock may attempt to gain control over an Undead with no intelligence score, that he has already rebuked. If the Undead fails a will save (DC 10 +level/2 + Cha mod), it is controlled by the Deathlock. If this brings the total number of undead above the limit (level *2, HD of undead without Int count half), the Deathlock must cease control of some of the undead controlled within a number of turns not higher then his class level.

That should take care of this. He can not field a football team but with 4 Zombies equal to his own HD plus his Ghost Familiar's One, he is ready for undead Basketball.

Now, you wanted the Deathlock to become undead himself. This is quite a list of traits, that can be spread out over his career:

Immunity to:
- mind-affecting effects
- poison
- sleep effects
- paralysis
- stunning
- disease
- death effects
- critical hits
- nonlethal damage
- ability drain
- energy drain
- damage to its physical ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution)
- fatigue and exhaustion effects
- any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).
- necessity to breathe, eat, or sleep.

Above that there is the constitution score thing, and the "destroyed at 0 HP sharp! Along with it, "All HD are d12", usually. I'm not exactly happy to give this to player characters, because the benefit depends a lot on the character build and the point buy system and it may not be suitable for some groups while being overpowered for others.
Also, the switching of positive and negative energy effects along the way.

5: sleep effects
6: poison
7: paralysis
8: disease
9: stunning
10: fatigue and exhaustion effects
11: negative energy immunity
12: death effects, lack of positive energy healing
13: critical hits
14: nonlethal damage
15: ability drain
16: energy drain
17: damage to its physical ability scores
18: mind-affecting effects
19: any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).
20: necessity to breathe, eat, or sleep, negative energy healing, positive energy vulnerability ... undead type???

Okay, now feedback to your version ...
I see you dropped the ring idea, too. But a wall, radiating into one direction and lasting for a number of rounds is not much more simple either (actually not a bit, I'd say).

Invocations: Text says 2 at level 1, table says 1.
Transformation into undead: This is far more complex. Does he really get all the undead traits at once? Does he lose his constitution?

Curse the Magiks: Well, I'd guess, wizards should be more capable in magic per level then this one here because it is all they deal with. And even they do not get spell resistance from it. Not that I mind but I don't really see it as needed. Why don't you turn that into an invocation?

I deny thee!: D&D needs less "Better then everything" stuff like Antimagic field, Forcewall and similar thinks that throw around the word "impossible". This one is a very serious offender, demanding to be EVEN BETTER then usual "impossible" effects.
No, make it something like "Good clerics need to win a comparative level check" or "Good divine magic is weaker as if the CL was X lower", or something.

Wavelab
2011-12-11, 05:37 AM
Oh, man, you already made one?
After your call in the other thread I started one myself but sadly, I just got to an alpha version now. Definitly not complete yet but alas, your's is not finished, too, So I just present mine here and you can decide, what you want to pick from it:
Okay, this might be fun. :) And I have a bit of more time today. (Edit: well, yesterday and today morning)

Some thinks in front:

A class is about what you can do, your abilities.
Evilness is about what you do do, your actions.
If you try to put to much evilness into a class the character made using this class is in a serious risk to become a stereotype.

The Fire thing: A Ring of fire is a complicated shape, for the ease of playing this should not be the level 1 at will ability of a class. Really just for playability's sake.

So, what do you want ... Undead/Warlock theme ... so I think kind of a grinder like character, little but solid damage output with some defensive abilities, maybe also a debuffer, going the enervation etc. rout of necromancy spells.

Overall: It is supposed to be a little more "feeble" then standard warlock (I once concept an Orc Barbarian 1 / Warlock X taking this eldrich shape invocation to deliver his blast with the great-sword first. Definitely an interesting way to play a Warlock that you don't expect when you read the class).
Thus the Deathlock (working title), should have a d4 hit die, good will save only, poor BAB.

1st level: I think I like the "unholy fire" idea. I also want him to be undead seamed from the very first level, I'm thinking of a "ghost familiar" here. Just no real ghost, something way less powerful.
Together, these abilities should be enough for first level with the right details:

Fire of Malebolge (Su) A target within 25 ft +5ft/level is burned by flames breaking from the ground, dealing 1d4 damage /2 levels (minimum 1d4). This ability can not target creatures flying more then 5ft above the ground, nor can it be used against targets in or on water.

Ghost Familiar: The character gains the service of a ghost familiar, a loyal ally native to the ethereal plane. The Ghost Familiar can telepathically communicate with its master and can take possession of corpses. It gains additional abilities, as the master rises in power.
If the Ghost Familiar is destroyed, the Deathlock may reanimate it (or create a new one, no difference) in a ritual that takes 24 hours and requires onyxs worth at least 50 gp per Deathlock level.

{table=head] Master Level | Animations Str | Abilities
1st | 0 | Animate body, Mind link 5 ft, Toughness |
3rd | 1 | Malebolge Resistances |
5th | 2 | Move earth 1/day |
7th | 3 | Negative energy attack |
9th | 4 | Mind link (long) |
11th | 5 | Move earth 3/day |
13th | 6 | Energy drain |
15th | 7 | Spell Resistance |
17th | 8 | Sense link |
19th | 9 | Manifestation |
[/table]

Animate body (Su): The Ghost Familiar can posess a dead body by merging into it from the Ethereal plane (a 1 round action). The creature then acts as a Zombie in all respects. Creatures that can not be turned into Zombies (no skeletal system, etc.) or that have more HD then the Master's Deathlock Class Level can not be animated. The Zombie's Strength is increased by the number in the "Animations Str" column of above table. If the Zombie is destroyed, the Ghost familiar is ejected into the Ethereal plane again and dazed for 1 round.

Mind link: The Familiar can telepathically communicate with it's master, even if the master is on the material plane and the familiar on the ethereal plane, as long as the master is within 5 ft. at 9th level, the range dramatically increases to 100ft +10ft per level, or 1 mile, if the Familiar is using it's Animate body or Manifestation ability.

Malebolge Resistances: The Diabolic Powers the Deathlock wields protect the familiar and any Zombie created through the animate body ability. This results in a resistance of 5 against fire, cold and positive energy.

Move earth 1/day (Sp): Once per day, the Ghost Familiar can Move earth as the spell, except that the Area is restricted to one 10ft³ cube. At Level 11, the number of uses per day rises to 3.

Negative energy attack: The Familiar, in it's ethereal form or whenever possessing a Zombie adds 1d6 negative energy damage to it's attacks.

Energy drain: A creature damaged by the Familiar's negative energy must make a fortitude save (DC= Master's Deathlock level plus familiar's charisma bonus if positive) or gain one negative level for 1 Minute / level. The Familiar gains 5 temporary hit points.

Spell Resistance: The Familiar gets a spell resistance of 10+Level, in it's ethereal form or as a Zombie.

Sense link: If the Familiar is animating a body or manifesting on the Material plane, the Master can look through it's eyes if he is within 1 mile. He can use his invocations through this link, too.

Manifestation: The Ghost Familiar can manifest as an incorporeal creature on the material plane. It's Slam becomes an incorporeal touch attack.

{table=head] Nmae: | Ghost Familiar
Size/Type: | Small Undead
Hit Dice: | As Master (Master/2 + 3 hp)
Initiative: | +3
Speed: | Fly 40 ft. (8 squares) perfect maneuverability
Armor Class: | 17 (+1 size, +3 Dex, +3 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 14
Base Attack: | As Master
Attack: | Slam (1d4)
Space/Reach: | 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: | -
Special Qualities: | Low-light vision, Darkvision 60 ft
Base Saves: | As Master
Abilities: | Str 10, Dex 17, Con -, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8
Skills: | Hide +8, Listen +6, Move Silently +4, Spot +6 |
Feats: | Alertness, Toughness, Weapon Finesse[/table]

Okay, let's move on to the further abilities, it's time to think about Invocations... Looking at the Warlock and comparing (BAB, HD are lower in this one), I think one each level after the first is okay (19 total compared to Warlocks 12). A few Necromantic cornerstones can then still be added by default, if I don't make the list of available invocations overpowered. THis is good, because I want that "Master of the dead" to be always available, as well as a continuous drift towards undeath.
For the Invocations I will borrow partly from the Soul Devourer.

Level 2-5: Least,
Level 6-10: Least or lesser,
Level 11-15: Least, lesser or greater,
Level 16-20: Least, lesser, greater or dark.

Least

See the Unseen (2nd): The Deathlock can see beyond the soul of a creature even if the creature is invisible. While under the effect of this invocation he is under the effect of a see invisibility spell. This invocation has a duration of 24 hours.

Unholy Demeanor (1st): The Deathlock wraps his form in dark shadows giving him a 10% miss chance to all attacks and a + 10 to intimidate checks. This invocation lasts 24 hours.

Dark Voice (2nd): By issuing a powerful dark phrase the Deathlock shatters objects. This invocation duplicates the effects of a shatter spell.

Death’s Messenger (2nd): As a move action the soul devourer can command a creature who is has slain to rise again through powerful necromantic magic. The creature is raised as an unseen servant able to life and manipulates 40 pounds of material. This creature can also speak common and shares a telepathic bond with the Soul devourer. This minion disappears after 1 hour or after taking 6 points of damage from an area attack.

Necrotic Ray (1st): The soul devourer sends a ray of pure negative energy at a target. This ability duplicates the effects of the Ray of Enfeeblement spell.

Darkness: Use darkness as the spell.

Summon Swarm: Use summon swarm as the spell.

Invisibility to undead: As spell + duration 24 hours.

Cloak of faces: Disguise self, Bluff +10

Cloak of fatigue: If attacked in melee, save or fatigue on attacker (only, no exhaustion)

Lesser

Fly: Self only, land speed, good maneuverability

Invisibility: Self only, as spell.

Cloak of fear: If attacked in melee, save or shaken on attacker. If already shaken, frightened.

Ray of Exhausion: As spell

Sacrifice: One controlled undead is destroyed. The deathlock gets it's current HP in temporary HP. Intelligent undead get a saving throw and on success are uncontrolled afterwards.

Life Leech: A target in close range takes 1d6/4 levels negative energy damage. Fortitude halves. The Deathlock heals the same amount of damage.

Pain: Foot - as Caltrop, Arm - -2 attack/damage, Head - Concentration vs. Level Check to cast a spell. No save.

Greater

Poison: The Deathlock can poison a person or object. When using this invocation, the Deathlock chooses an ability score to be effected. If he uses the ability directly against a target, initial and secondary poison damage are 1d10, used on weapons or on food, the damage is 1d8 (on injury or ingestion, the poison is tasteless), using the poison on any other surface (and delivering it via contact) cases 1d6 ability score damage initial and secondary. The Deathlock may poison up to 1 object per caster level per day and the poison looses it's potency after one day.

Disease: Like the contagion spell but no touch required (range 25 + 5ft/2 levels) and the target is highly contagious: Merely touching him can spread the disease, although secondary victims have incubation periods as normal.

Curse: Like bestow curse, but the Deathlock does not need to touch the target, if instead he has something coming from the targets body (a hair, a drop of blood or ... well ... excrements work too). The maximum range is 1 mile and if the target is not in sight, the invocation time increases to 10 minutes.

Cloak of Aversion: One will save needed each to aproach below 30ft, 20ft and 10ft. can spend full round actions to force another save forcing the target back.

Cloak of Stunning: If attacked in melee, save or stun 1 round on attacker, +3d6 damage with dagger-like weapons and save or dazed 1 additional round against stunned opponents.

Undead Marshall: The Deathlock can grand any undead a teamfighting bonus. This results in a +1 competence bonus either to attack and AC or to attack and weapon damage. for every other teamfighting undead within 5ft to a maximum of +3.

Age: This ages the target by 5d6 years, Fortitude halves. The Deathlock gains a temporary hit point per year. The target must make an immediate fortitude save once it passes it's maximum age or die. Every additional use of this ability will force another save and once the target ages beyond the maximum age possible for it's race 110 years for humans, any year above this will increase the DC by 1. Dragons and creatures without a maximum age are not effected by this invocation. A Greater Restoration spell can undo the aging, if used within one week per caster level.

Dark

Etherealness: The Deathlock can switch between the Ethereal and Material plane at will.

Dark Foresight: Use foresight as the spell, and communicate
telepathically with a close target of the effect.

Master of many eyes: Greater Invisibility (self only), Mayor Image, Hallucinatory Terrain, Blindness

Sense of life and undeath: Be aware of every living and undead creature within 100 ft +10 ft/level, it's HD, current HP and any conditions. He knows their locations but they still have full concealment, unless he can normally see them.

Cloak of death: If attacked in melee, save or 10d6 damage, death for lesser enemies.

Broken Mirror: Creates 1 shadow per target. The shadows are uncontrolled and only driven by the desire to kill the creatures they sprung from, will dissipate once their targets are dead. Same target can only be choosen after 24 hours again.

More to come, specifically Fire of Malebolge essences/shapes and modifications to the other class abilities (Like something to up the fire damage, even though allowing a save then). But let's brainstorm that first.
I looked into The rebuke/control undead thing and it might be a nice addition but the problem I have with it is, that I want this "Wall of Zombies/Skeletons" image and there is really no reason for a Necromancer to run around with Zombies and Skeletons, when HD are the metric, that says, what and how much he can control. Those undead just have way to many HD when compared to more creative undead like Shadows, Ghouls, Wight or Wraith. ... And generally speaking: Whether a Level 20 Character has a 10 HD Zombie (CR~3) controlled is so massively unimportant, it's not even worth noticing. Now, among undead, Those 2 types are specifically notable because they are the core mindless undead. I do have a good feeling to generalize the idea: Mindless undead = Twice as much HD per power then those, that think for themselves. Thus:

Masterful rebuke undead (Su): From second level on, the Deathlock can Rebuke and Control undead like an evil Cleric of his level can. He can also Dispell Turning and Bolster Undead and may use all those abilities unlimited times per day.
The total number of undead, he can control at a time is equal to twice his class level and mindless undead count as having only half the HD they actually have (round down).
He does not need any kind of (un)holy symbol.

Master of mindless masses (Su): From Level 3 on, the Deathlock may attempt to gain control over an Undead with no intelligence score, that he has already rebuked. If the Undead fails a will save (DC 10 +level/2 + Cha mod), it is controlled by the Deathlock. If this brings the total number of undead above the limit (level *2, HD of undead without Int count half), the Deathlock must cease control of some of the undead controlled within a number of turns not higher then his class level.

That should take care of this. He can not field a football team but with 4 Zombies equal to his own HD plus his Ghost Familiar's One, he is ready for undead Basketball.

Now, you wanted the Deathlock to become undead himself. This is quite a list of traits, that can be spread out over his career:

Immunity to:
- mind-affecting effects
- poison
- sleep effects
- paralysis
- stunning
- disease
- death effects
- critical hits
- nonlethal damage
- ability drain
- energy drain
- damage to its physical ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution)
- fatigue and exhaustion effects
- any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).
- necessity to breathe, eat, or sleep.

Above that there is the constitution score thing, and the "destroyed at 0 HP sharp! Along with it, "All HD are d12", usually. I'm not exactly happy to give this to player characters, because the benefit depends a lot on the character build and the point buy system and it may not be suitable for some groups while being overpowered for others.
Also, the switching of positive and negative energy effects along the way.

5: sleep effects
6: poison
7: paralysis
8: disease
9: stunning
10: fatigue and exhaustion effects
11: negative energy immunity
12: death effects, lack of positive energy healing
13: critical hits
14: nonlethal damage
15: ability drain
16: energy drain
17: damage to its physical ability scores
18: mind-affecting effects
19: any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).
20: necessity to breathe, eat, or sleep, negative energy healing, positive energy vulnerability ... undead type???

Okay, now feedback to your version ...
I see you dropped the ring idea, too. But a wall, radiating into one direction and lasting for a number of rounds is not much more simple either (actually not a bit, I'd say).

Invocations: Text says 2 at level 1, table says 1.
Transformation into undead: This is far more complex. Does he really get all the undead traits at once? Does he lose his constitution?

Curse the Magiks: Well, I'd guess, wizards should be more capable in magic per level then this one here because it is all they deal with. And even they do not get spell resistance from it. Not that I mind but I don't really see it as needed. Why don't you turn that into an invocation?

I deny thee!: D&D needs less "Better then everything" stuff like Antimagic field, Forcewall and similar thinks that throw around the word "impossible". This one is a very serious offender, demanding to be EVEN BETTER then usual "impossible" effects.
No, make it something like "Good clerics need to win a comparative level check" or "Good divine magic is weaker as if the CL was X lower", or something.

Mmmm... A combination of the two classes seems like a good idea at the moment.

Edit: On second thought. What if I remove the invocations completely, and let him be able to choose different elements from the beginning.

It's like a barbarian but with Infernum instead of a sword.

Hanuman
2011-12-12, 12:59 AM
Do you like coffee? From the hills of Banehold? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_O-8cXt3wI)

Wavelab
2011-12-12, 08:54 AM
Do you like coffee? From the hills of Banehold? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_O-8cXt3wI)

Actually I'm a big fan of dethklok.

Maraxus1
2011-12-12, 10:37 AM
Are you still working on this? Because it is so unfinished...

Infernum: I side with The Underlord to say: This is not really much.
However, I say, it's not bad either. Up to 10d6+10 as an area effect with a duration is okay, but it's really situational.
Also, you should say, what else are the effects of this, formost: What if somebony wants to jump through the wall of fire?
So, I would not up the 1 round/level - 1 5ft³/level in damage but I would definitly include a single target, an instant burn or both.

As a good rule, check the level appropriate Monster with their CRs, on those levels you should be able to kill them in 3 rounds, if damage output is basically all you have.

Dark Pet: A bat, rat, snake or wolf? Why would anyon not take a wolf? A bat does not even have an attack, iirc.Take the list of first level animal companions instead. And then, instead of the usual animal companion advancement, just advance the hit dies and then instead of Str/Dex, give it some more magical abilities

Horrid Aura: What do you mean with -1, a penalty of -1 or -(-1)=+1 for all your enemies?
A -1 penalty sounds okay, when it's Cha/2 rounded down, this means:
1-13 = -1
14-15 = -2
16-17 ....
Capping at 0 (for Cha 11 and below) would be okay, too.

Favored Enemy: While I like the idea of making him a racist on top of the other evil, the exact bonus against you enemy of choise should be reconsiddered. He's no weapon-user after all.

Burn the Hell out of them: It sounds strange to have "Target Level" (which means hit dies, I suppose?) / 3, capped at "Ability score modifier" because seriously, this will mean his Cha Modifier pretty quick. (You can keep it, if the intention is, that real targets grand Cha-Bonus but rad-bag-exploits are prevented).

The Dreaded One: I ask again: All the traits at once? Really? Including no more non-positive HP and No Constitution?
What if he is destroyed and cast resourection upon? Impossible? Can he at least be revived with a wish?

Curse the Magiks: The idea of counteractive SR sounds interesting, even though the power of this will make it a very prominent feature of the class, maybe more so then the flames. I do however fear, that 10+half Level+ Cha mod is a very strange number. Charisma should not go up this stong, so against an enemy your level, the SR will drop lower and lower, as you level up I'd rather use the standart X+Level, to have old school AD&D-like 5X% Spell resistence. :smallwink: 6+Level = 30% spell resistence sounds fair.

I deny thee!: As already hinted, I don't like to give players tools that significantly hinder GODS by saying that all their cleric levels are suddenly no more then Aristrocrate level.

Togath
2011-12-12, 12:49 PM
Again, don’t forget that a cleric can be a good aligned cleric of a neutral deity, or that they could even use a non deity power source, also if I remember correctly druids gain their spells from a non deity source as well, still, "i deny thee!" seems more useful to a npc then to a pc(as unless your in an evil campaign you probably aren't fighting good clerics very often)

Wavelab
2011-12-12, 03:15 PM
Alright a few things have been changed.

Infernum now has a single target ability.
Dark Pet was changed.
Added a resurrection clause to the undead ability(yes I believe it works better all at once).
Curse the Magiks was scaled down.
I deny thee has also been scaled down.