PDA

View Full Version : DDI account question/gripe

Reejis
2011-12-09, 04:21 PM
Hi everyone, not sure if this is the place for this but here goes:
I'm about to start a new D&D 4E campaign after about a year of not playing (due to a move). Before when I played I had an active DDI account and really loved it but there was some trouble in another way. When I knew I wouldn't be playing again for a while of course I wanted to cancel the account I wouldn't be needing. I found that there was no way to automatically do this on the website. After scouring the website and Googling the issue I found out you actually have to send them an email requesting an account cancellation, which by all rights, is already pretty stupid. Well I did this, and a week later I had found my account was charged for another month anyway, I guess they hadn't "gotten around" to cancelling it yet. I tried calling their customer support and sending more emails but never got a response. I realize it's only 10 bucks but the experience was unimaginably frustrating. Nonetheless DDI is still very useful and I want to restart the account, I was just wondering if they still use this circuitous and kind of sleazy cancellation process.

Mando Knight
2011-12-09, 05:47 PM
First, wall'o'text.

Second, hiding the place where you cancel your subscription seems to be fairly common nowadays...

Third, since you don't get a refund for prematurely cancelling your subscription, it's best just to deactivate your auto-renewal (http://wizards.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1850).