PDA

View Full Version : Modern Campaign Idea-- feel free to comment or steal

The Reverend
2011-12-09, 05:16 PM
This is an idea i had for a campaign setting, not sure what system would be useful here is the intro i had in mind.

There are agents in this world. They are the creme de la creme de la creme of the intellegence agencies. 00s, deep cover operatives, treadstone operatives, their names are many they come from no name departments and apha bit soup agencies. They are rigoursly selected, receive the best training possible, and fully equipped with the latest technology and liscenses to kill. Some are open threats nations send against those who would oppose them, some are silent killers leaving undetected, and others are masters of disguise who disappear into a crowd in full view of cameras. T

You are not these people. You are from General Provisioning and are the secret to Her Majesty's incredibly succesful 00 program and one of the greatest kept secrets in a department of secrets. The Americans use billions of dollars in drugs, elecrical training helmets, hypnosis, NLP, VR suites, and cutting edge training techniques to create their super spies. Russians use good old fashion survival of the fitest, a 100 candidates enter the program and maybe 2 come out the other side. The chinese raise theirs from infancy on a diet of espionage. The british long ago hit on another much better solution.

Their 00 agents are some of the best in the world already, but General Provisioning is what makes them the nuclear weapons of the spy world. The agents of general provisioning place motorcycles, boats, snowmobiles, and aircraft on likely egress routes in each situation the 00 agent finds themselves in. They search their rooms for bugs, remove bugs from their vehicle, remove henchmen that might handely dispatch 00 agents, hack cameras, and remove obstacles from the path of the 00 agent. General Provisioning must also do this in secret without the enemy or 00 agents catching on. If either were revealed to the "Community" at large the incredible Threat that the 00 program presents would be compromised.

basically General provisioning agents would be played by the PCs and they would be responsible for securing the mission and generally helping the 00 do their job without being caught by the 00 or enemy agents.

i thought this would be a fun short campaign, con-game, or one shot.

Reejis
2011-12-09, 05:24 PM
Heh that comes off as very tongue-in-cheek. You're essentially part of a conspiracy allowing the unlikeliness of spy movie tropes to go unchecked. I would make sure the campaign was stuffed to the gills with dry gallows humor.

The Reverend
2011-12-09, 06:01 PM
yeah that would definetly be the mood of the game. i got the idea after watching a bond movie marathon several years ago and a buddy of mine said "I wonder who always makes sure the boats come in pairs." my response " The same guys who make sure there aren't snipers waiting in the bushes and trees." Thus was born General Provisioning. Each member is a little more specialized than a 00, but probably even more competent at what they do.

jackattack
2011-12-09, 06:49 PM
How deep does their influence go, and how much foresight do they have?

Do they monitor the 00s and make hotel reservations ahead of their arrival?

Do they carry aphrodisiacs to make sure the women the 00s meet fall for their supposed charms?

Do they re-assign evil minions and enemy guards so that the most incompetent ones are on duty when the 00s show up?

Do they alter the training that foreign armies and evil organizations give their people to make sure that the best enemy is worse than the worst 00?

This is a brilliant idea, and I hope to use it one day. Congratulations on a winner.

The Boz
2011-12-09, 08:19 PM
This kind of reminds me of the Nikita way of doing things.
Want someone killed? Send in an Operative, a highly trained, elite, motivated, calculated killer.
Want to get rid of the body? Send in a Cleaner. Cleaners are like Operatives, only more everything.

The Reverend
2011-12-10, 05:04 PM
How deep does their influence go, and how much foresight do they have?

Do they monitor the 00s and make hotel reservations ahead of their arrival?

Do they carry aphrodisiacs to make sure the women the 00s meet fall for their supposed charms?

Do they re-assign evil minions and enemy guards so that the most incompetent ones are on duty when the 00s show up?

Do they alter the training that foreign armies and evil organizations give their people to make sure that the best enemy is worse than the worst 00?

This is a brilliant idea, and I hope to use it one day. Congratulations on a winner.

Their influence is pretty wide and their forsight good but not perfect. If you watch the Bond movies 00s do die so its not perfect, but it is damn good.

Reservations are a second tier item, but are something that they take care of.

Special pheremone optimization treatments are part of the standard 00s medical care, subcutanous implants every 16 months and a monthly time release capsule

Infiltration of evil organizations, enemy forces, and other intelligence agents is pretty much standard operating procedures. Any action they can take to hinder their effectiveness is taken, especially the hard to notice ones. Like removing certain pages in the security manuals, mislabeling switches, "messing up" security rotas, etc.

I see the organization working in three divisions.
the first are the Tailors, who are assigned to particular 00s. They are active sneak teams, supporting his activities, removing nearby obstacles, moving chicken trucks and panes of glass in front of his enemies, watching him while he sleeps, and testing his food for poison as well as working from a control center and panel vans working with the other two teams

the second division is called the Mechanics. They work to infiltrate target orginizations and weaken them from within. From janitors stealing shreded documents, henchmen seargents sending out the stupidest recruits, to the scientist that always puts a self destruct button the evil devices.

the third division is the Weavers. They coordinate the actions of the other two and pick likely targets. They also have an important job of providing on the fly covers for the other two and work with foreign intelligence and security services to provide additional backup for 00s operations. Often using other intelligence operations as cover for the cover.

Spectre is actually a special case. The reason for its success and its logevity is that it is managed by a group of fromer General Provisioning Agents. They use amny of the same tactics and guard against them just as effectively.