PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Holy Warrior

Zale
2011-12-09, 07:10 PM
So... I'm trying to apply for a PbP, and I want to try begin some kind of melee holy warrior for a change (As apposed to my usual caster-ness).

Which leaves me way in over my head. :smallbiggrin:

The character rules are as followed.

Level 5
Abilities 32 Point Buy
HitpointsFull/Half HP Progression
AlginmentRestriction All characters must not be neutral on the Good/Evil Axis.

Accepted Sources
All published 3.5 books will be considered, all homebrew and magazine will not. No exceptions.
Players are strongly recommended to use the Book of Exalted Deeds and Book of Vile Darkness. This campaign will feature prominent Good vs. Evil elements. Even if you don't use them, be familiar with them, as they contain mechanics that will be employed by the GMs. (Note: Players using these books for their character DO stand a slightly better chance at getting into the game.)

My original idea was something similar to Aasimar Paladin. Of course, I'm sure this is a horribly unoptimized idea. I want to know what kind of class/prc/race combo will give me similar fluff to that without sucking eggs. Exalted Feats are a plus!

Tl;Dr Version: I need a medium op build that gives me a low LA celestial-related race, Paladin Fluff classes and Exalted Feats.

Aegis013
2011-12-09, 07:14 PM
If LA buyoff is allowed, I'd go Warforged Crusader (ToB) and grab the Saint template, PrC into Warforged Juggernaut if desired. Or build an Idiot Crusader.

Become an unstoppable tank for good.

(If you want to get cheesy grab toughness and trollblooded(from a flaw) at first level)

The Underlord
2011-12-09, 07:34 PM
A bardblade with words of creation(exalted feat that is awesome for bards)) could work. A barbarian champion of Gwuhunpronuicable could work too.

Zale
2011-12-09, 07:49 PM
If LA buyoff is allowed, I'd go Warforged Crusader (ToB) and grab the Saint template, PrC into Warforged Juggernaut if desired. Or build an Idiot Crusader.

Become an unstoppable tank for good.

(If you want to get cheesy grab toughness and trollblooded(from a flaw) at first level)

Warforged is from Ebberon, right? I don't have any of those books. And more importantly, I doubt I could play a magic holy robot saint guy with any degree of seriousness.

A bardblade with words of creation(exalted feat that is awesome for bards)) could work. A barbarian champion of Gwuhunpronuicable could work too.

What exactly is a bardblade?

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-12-09, 08:26 PM
a bardblade is a multiclass of bard and Warblade from ToB. If i remember correctly, white raven figures into it quite a bit..

kardar233
2011-12-09, 08:28 PM
Usually Bard3/Warblade17 or Bard4/Warblade16. Use the feat Song of the White Raven to activate Inspire Courage as a swift action, and stack your Warblade (or Crusader) levels to determine your Inspire Courage bonuses. Use Dragonfire Inspiration, Song of the Heart, Words of Creation, a Masterwork Natural Horn and other Inspire Courage optimization to get +12 (or more!) d6 worth of damage, the type of which you can change with Draconic Heritage. Best to change it to sonic.

Urpriest
2011-12-09, 08:48 PM
Stereotypical (Superior) Paladin replacements are the following:

Crusader 20: Crusader is from Tome of Battle, and is a predominately nonmagical Paladin with a versatile set of combat maneuvers

Cleric (with PrCs to taste): Divine Metamagic and Persistent Spell will let you spend turn attempts to make spells last all day. Divine Power is enough to give you the BAB of a Paladin, and your spells buff you past the Paladin's capabilities while giving you far more versatility.

Sorcadin: Paladin 2/Sorceror 4/Spellsword 1/Abjurant Champion 5/Sacred Exorcist 8. Your classic Holy Gish. Use the Luminous Armor spells from BoED for your armor.

Barbarian with Champion of Gwynharwyf and Bardblade are acceptable substitutes that are less Paladin-y but still Exalted Good melee types.

Hirax
2011-12-09, 09:08 PM
You could aim for Cleric3/church inquisitor3/prestige paladin3. If you go past level 9 just pick up a any PRC that gets decent caster progression. Pick up a battle bridle somewhere along the way to get mounted combat/ride by attack. Per the list of alternative mounts in the DMG you could grab a hippogriff as your paladin mount if you want.

Keld Denar
2011-12-09, 11:19 PM
Fist if Raz is kinda fun for smiting shananigans. If you have Pal 4 in your build into FoR, you get Turn Undead, which is pretty awesome.

Zaq
2011-12-10, 02:44 AM
Good Incarnates are pretty fun.

Zombimode
2011-12-10, 06:42 AM
How about an Lesser Aasimar Favoured Soul?