PDA

View Full Version : Art request (I'll love you forever)

veven
2011-12-09, 07:15 PM
I don't really know where to go with this (or if it's even kosher to do so) but here I am.

I have no artistic abilities (well drawing/painting and the like. I got stuck with musical abilities, who wants that garbage?!). So I come to the Playground for help.

There is a scene from my groups last session that I would really like to see with my eyes. I don't plan on selling this art or anything like that, I just think it'd make a good picture. If you ever need a song written for ya I'll do my best to get your back!

Back story to the scene (I feel it's necessary to know the back ground to better capture the emotions of the situation The group was investigating a vampire attack in the city and was most suspicious of the local Priest Father Joseph Carey. They questioned Carey and threatened him with mirrors and garlic and he snapped. It turned out that his acolyte Devon Ballard had been behind the attack but Carey was also a vampire. Carey is a good man (no always X alignment creatures in my setting) who was stricken with vampirism against his will (he was actually a vampire hunter for the church before he became one). Devon Ballard was Carey's first and only victim (the two managed to survive off of the blood of the newly dead which the collected before preforming funeral services) so Carey, stricken with guilt, took him in and helped him deal with his vampirism. Ballard is essentially a son to Carey and the two manage to hide their secret from the towns people for five years.
Carey agrees to take the party to where Ballard is hiding on the condition that they do not attack him. The party doesn't know Carey is also a vampire at this point. The arrive in the dark room hidden deep beneath the temple, dimly lit with torches so they can barely make out the shape of not one, but two coffins *GASP*. Questioning glances to Carey cause him to explain that he was responsible for Devon's vampirism and he does his very best to plead to the party to simply let them leave town.
Devon is hiding in the room and attacks the party for fear of his (un)life (or he just wants to die because he hates being a vampire). After killing Devon the party must decide what is to be Father Carey's fate.

Some descriptive info on the party.
The Party: Loreli Larouge; LN Tiefling Archivist. Female, bookish, pretty but modest, secretly seeking immortality, wants to let Carey leave.

Dask Blacktree; CN Human Druid. Male, wears antlers and leather armor covered in twigs and leaves and stuff, wears a blackish facepaint (masterwork hide tool). Has a pet wolf, views vampires as a blight on nature. Really wants to end Carey but agrees not to on the condition that Carey leave town and hunt down the master vampire who turned him in the first place. After-which Carey must commit suicide. Exact quote, "Kill your master and then destroy yourself."

Felix: CG Aasimar Swift Hunter. Male, pretty much a han solo type cowboy who duel wields hand crossbows, Handsome and dashing like a good Aasimar cowboy should be. Has known Carey the longest and argues to let him leave.

Aukahn Lone-Hunter: CG Goliath Barbarian. Huge. Wields a spiked chain. He is ok with slaying the vampire but would prefer to let him live.

The scene: The party stands in the small dimly lit room, the body of the vampire lays before them on top of the coffin, steak through the heart. They discuss, in this eerie setting, what to do with the vampire priest Father Carey, who loved Devon (the other vampire) as a son but understood he must be slain. Carey is fighting back tears (can vampire's cry?) and he is horrified they will expose him to the town's people.

I'm just imagining them debating over this mans life right in front of him while he is barely fighting back a breakdown. All this a dimly lit room of which the center piece is the freshly slain corpse of a man that was close to a son to Carey. I can't really pay, i know it's rude to request free art and I apologize. Again, this is just for my own enjoyment. It won't be sold or anything like that. If anyone is bored and wants to take a crack at their interpretation, I would love to see it!.