PDA

View Full Version : "This thread has been posted in" change?

The Bushranger
2011-12-10, 05:15 AM
I refreshed my watchlist just after 5am EST, and it went from having quite a few threads listed as not yet read to saying "There are no subscribed threads to display in this folder for this time period", as if the settings had been changed from "posted in since you last read the thread" back to "Posted in since you last logged in", as it was once upon a time.

Since the server was doing a kablooey thing about then, I thought it might be causing it, but so far it hasn't changed back...

I hope this hasn't been changed, as the "since you last read the thread" is much more user-friendly than "since you last logged in".

EDIT: And checking the forums, the only ones with the 'new posts' thingies are ones posted in since ~5AM EST. :smallfrown: I really hope this was a slip or a gremlin in the works that will be reverted back to normal, and not a deliberate change.

EDIT 2: OK, maybe it's a (partial) false alarm, as I logged out, cleared my cache, and logged back in, and the threads that were marked as unread, are still unread. It appears that, instead of the setting being turned back, instead somehow the server decided to mark -every thread on the board- as having been read. :smalleek: So it's not a gremlin throwing the switch back, but rather a bizzare one-time (hopefully!!) server glitch... (and the earliest unread thread is timestamped 4:59AM EST, if that helps find whatdunit.)

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-12-10, 08:36 AM
Now, I do not appear to be having the same behavior. My guess it could have been a glitch with your browser. I believe the forum is set to track your read posts with cookies. If for any reason the relevant cookies are deleted or otherwise messed with, this could cause the behavior you describe.

The Bushranger
2011-12-10, 09:04 AM
Hmm...I clear my cookies constantly, so that's not the problem.
That said, though, I realised after looking around a bit that it's possible I hit 'Mark Forums Read' under the Quick Links menu when I meant to hit 'Open Buddy List'. :smallredface:

Rawhide
2011-12-10, 06:33 PM
No, there has been no change. The display difference will be user or client side.

The Bushranger
2011-12-10, 06:34 PM
Ah. Guess I hit the wrong button and didn't realise it in my sleepiness.
That thing needs a guard switch or something. :smalltongue:

Rawhide
2011-12-10, 06:36 PM
You can also double click the forum icon on the main page.