PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Had a cool idea. Want to know what you think.

lfarbstein
2011-12-10, 10:29 PM
I was checking out the Magus class and I really like its flavor. The archetypes also add alot of options to the class. I came up with an interesting build using 3 of the archetypes. Bladebound, Kensai, and Spellblade. I have yet to have a chance to play test this idea so I want to know what you think. It really changes the way the Magus plays. It focuses far more on melee and kind of dumps magic. Magic is just there as a side option. Of course you have to get rid of a few good class ability's so is it worth the trade off? I am quite conserend about the spellblade trading away the spellstrike ability.

I made the race a Tiefling because they are super cool and also a very strong race that goes with the build.
Also the weapon I chose was a Katana (also simply for the fact that it is cool as hell, but it is a good weapon)
And the feats I am thinking of are
Weapon Finess
Dervish Dance (That should give you an idea of the stat build)
and Two-weapon fighting
That is as far as I got. I haven't even begun to think of traits.

This is all I have so far so tell me what you think. Any kind of feedback would be great!!!!

klemdakherzbag
2011-12-10, 11:14 PM
You do realize that Dervish Dance requires a scimitar and a free hand, right?

lfarbstein
2011-12-10, 11:29 PM
You are right! Well thats an easy fix. I was not attached to the Katana anyway. The build did not focus on it. Scimitar it is! As for spellblade... I might have to get rid of it. Not a big loss, unless you all come up with something better.

klemdakherzbag
2011-12-10, 11:40 PM
TWF is largely unnecessary because your spells are basically your offhand weapon.

lfarbstein
2011-12-10, 11:46 PM
Now that we dumped spellblade there is no need for TWF. Also the loss of spellstrike that I was worried about is nulled aswell.

Tokuhara
2011-12-10, 11:59 PM
I may steal this for a Gestalt character :smalltongue:

Beg your DM to let you play a Drow Noble, so you can dump Strength and use Dexterity and Intelligence

klemdakherzbag
2011-12-11, 12:28 AM
Walter's Guide to the Magus (https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1DB6sOfbAzFmKVPgcyLWipTVqvWFjfDSv6v_YiGQb5Y w) - you want to read this :smallcool: