PDA

View Full Version : Wordspell target Barrier. Missing something? (PF)

Yeturs
2011-12-11, 05:50 AM
So, I get this from the SRD, here (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/words-of-power/target-words/barrier) as the writing for target word, barrier. Question... do I boost the word for free? I cant see a cost along with boosting it, and I really doubt it should be free.

Not really relevant for me for a while, Im just a little first level sorcerer. But, is there a bit of missing text or something?

Barrier:
Level 3

Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)

Target A wordspell with this target word creates a visible barrier that is 10 feet long per caster level and 10 feet high. Creatures touching or passing through the barrier are subject to the spell’s effect. The barrier does not hindercreatures passing through it unless noted in the spell effect. Creatures occupying the space of the barrier when it forms are subject to the spell’s effect. The wall is 1 foot wide and must be anchored on a solid surface. The wall must be straight when formed.

Boost: The wall is 20 feet long per caster level and up to 20 feet high. The wall can take on any shape desired by the caster, but it must remain a vertical surface.

Khantin
2011-12-11, 12:34 PM
You have to use one of your metaword uses for the day. Other than that, no. IIRC the only target word that increases the actual level of the spell (not just the required level of the spell to use the target word) is selected.