PDA

View Full Version : Thread Subscriptions Not Appearing

Lix Lorn
2011-12-12, 09:37 AM
Hi!
Sorry to be a trouble, but I'm not getting any e-mail alerts from the forum anymore. I don't think it's an issue with my email account, as I can still receive emails, and I don't have the playground on my block or spam lists, and my various options and things on my account here don't seem to be wrong at all. It's not a huge problem, but it's confusing and makes things a little awkward. I don't know anyone else who actually uses the subscription, so I don't know if it's just me.

So that's the problem, I hope it's not too much trouble. Thanks! :smallsmile:

Grey_Wolf_c
2011-12-12, 11:00 AM
Hi!
Sorry to be a trouble, but I'm not getting any e-mail alerts from the forum anymore. I don't think it's an issue with my email account, as I can still receive emails, and I don't have the playground on my block or spam lists, and my various options and things on my account here don't seem to be wrong at all. It's not a huge problem, but it's confusing and makes things a little awkward. I don't know anyone else who actually uses the subscription, so I don't know if it's just me.

So that's the problem, I hope it's not too much trouble. Thanks! :smallsmile:

I'll second Lix Lorn on this issue. I too have stopped receiving instant emails from updated threads (even though my list subscription does show new posts; I've resorted to refreshing that page to tell at a glance if someone posted in one of my subscribed threads).

As far as I can tell, the issue started sometime during the weekend. While this has happened in the past, usually one-off, I can confirm that I have not received notifications from multiple threads even after making sure I had checked every thread I am part of.

Thanks,

Grey Wolf

Weezer
2011-12-12, 01:39 PM
I'm having the same problem. Thought it might be something with my email, but if others are experiencing the same thing then I suppose it's not.

Lix Lorn
2011-12-12, 04:48 PM
Oh; I use a Yahoo.com mail account, if that makes a difference. What do you two use? It might be that that makes a difference.

Grey_Wolf_c
2011-12-12, 04:56 PM
Oh; I use a Yahoo.com mail account, if that makes a difference. What do you two use? It might be that that makes a difference.

Gmail. Although I find it rather unlikely. It is not normal for modern email accounts to eat emails all of a sudden - not without the user messing with the filters and what-not, which I haven't done lately. Coupled with the increased issues the board has had lately, I find it more likely that the automated email system for the board is misbehaving. But I'll wait for the tech guys to tell us one way or the other. Hopefully the logs can say if the emails are being sent.

Speaking of which, Lix Lorn (Edit: or anyone, really, I'm not picky), would you mind PM'ing me (nothing fancy, it can just be "test"), to see if that part of the notification system is working?

Thanks,

Grey Wolf

Lix Lorn
2011-12-12, 05:01 PM
Will do, but I personally haven't got alerts for them either.

Grey_Wolf_c
2011-12-12, 05:08 PM
Will do, but I personally haven't got alerts for them either.

Yep, me neither: I see your PM, but I did not get a notification for it. Well, that might help the tech guys identify where the problem lays.

Grey Wolf

Qwertystop
2011-12-12, 05:29 PM
Same here, I use Gmail. If it matters, I sometimes go to the Subscription List and get to the threads from there, then delete the emails. This is mostly when I'm on a computer that blocks Gmail. However, that has not created a problem until now.

Is anyone with a Daily or Weekly subscription having these errors?

Weezer
2011-12-12, 06:02 PM
Same here, I use Gmail. If it matters, I sometimes go to the Subscription List and get to the threads from there, then delete the emails. This is mostly when I'm on a computer that blocks Gmail. However, that has not created a problem until now.

Is anyone with a Daily or Weekly subscription having these errors?

I've got Gmail too.
I use both Daily and Instant subscriptions, haven't received any email from the playground since Sunday morning.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-12-12, 07:26 PM
I was just gonna post the same trouble with the subscriptions and if it helps I use a hotmail account.

thedarkstone
2011-12-12, 07:45 PM
The same problem is happening to me, and I use Yahoo as well.

Gamerlord
2011-12-12, 08:04 PM
I am having the same issue, using Gmail.

Arcran
2011-12-12, 09:51 PM
Same issue, Outlook.

Grey_Wolf_c
2011-12-12, 10:19 PM
For what is worth, I just received three days worth of notification emails in about 5 minutes. The site was down at the same time, so i suspect they must have rebooted some part of it, and unleashed all the emails that had been waiting at once.

Grey Wolf

Gamerlord
2011-12-12, 10:22 PM
It seems to be working now, I just received a ton of email.

Rawhide
2011-12-12, 11:08 PM
Our hosting company performed a security audit and updated some components. This unfortunately temporarily broke the email system and caused some other errors. It has been rectified.