PDA

View Full Version : Dragonspire Killers 2: The Sequel that Doesn't Suck

Pages : [1] 2

Mindfreak
2011-12-12, 11:26 AM
The Dragonridge Killers 2: The Sequel that doesn't Suck
20 years have passed since the killings in Dragonspire. The town has become relatively normal again, and has been voted the most beautiful town out of 100 other towns.
However, what the citizens didn't know is that the best Serial Killers always come back...even from DEATH!
Mindfreak586 presents........The Dragonridge Killers 2: The Sequel that Doesn't Suck.
Player Roles

Team Innocents

Villager
You are a Villager. You have been in town forever. Your job is to catch the killer by lynching them.
Guardian Angel
You're a Guardian Angel. Your job is to protect someone different every night. By day you appear as a normal villager to everyone else, letting no one know what you are.
Special:

Everynight you can choose to protect someone from being killed once(send me a PM for this). If you choose to protect someone that two killers go after, they will die. You cannot be killed by a killer but you can be lynched.
Team Neutral

Ghost:When players are killed (through murder or lynching), they become ghosts and lose the power to vote. However, they are still allowed to post in the thread and give advice to the living.

* Ghosts must post in a different color to help people keep track of who is still alive.
* If you had a role other than citizen or killer, it will not be revealed upon your death. Once you're dead, however, it is up to you whether or not to reveal yourself.
Team Killers

Killer
You are a killer. Your job is to kill as many people as possible while working with your fellow killer.
Henchman
You are a henchman. Your job is to throw suspicion off of the killers.
Optional Roles:

[I]These roles will only be used if we get more than 20 people wanting to play. If there is 30 or more people wishing to play then these roles will be added and the cap of people will be raised to 25.

The Bloodhound: The bloodhound's role is, like the citizens, to uncover the killers; however, he or she has access to certain information that normal citizens do not.

Following each update the bloodhound can PM the host and ask one question about a perceived red herring. They may only ask whether or not something in the kill is an intentional red herring (if they ask about something and it is a legitimate clue they will receive the same answer they would have if it had been an unintentional red herring). The Bloodhound may ask their question any time before the kill is posted - the sooner you ask, the sooner you will get an answer.
* Your Bloodhound identity is to be kept secret at all times, and may not be revealed to anyone publicly or privately. You must convince people you are right like any other citizen would, by coming up with evidence and valid arguments.
* Once dead, the bloodhound can reveal who s/he is, but may not reveal clues received as the detective. The bloodhound's job is to convince the citizens through argument, not to give them information.
Team Good Aligned

The Detective: The detective's role is, like the citizens, to uncover the killers; however, he or she has access to certain information that normal citizens do not.

Following each update the detective can PM the host one yes or no question, with the exception of asking the Killer's identity. The Detective may ask their question any time before the kill is posted - the sooner you ask, the sooner you will get an answer.
* Your Detective identity is to be kept secret at all times, and may not be revealed to anyone publicly or privately. You must convince people you are right like any other citizen would, by coming up with evidence and valid arguments.
* Once dead, the detective can reveal who s/he is, but may not reveal clues received as the detective. The detective's job is to convince the citizens through argument, not to give them information.
Team Good Aligned

Rabid Votecat: The Rabid Votecat eats votes. After biting someone, they temporarily invalidate their target's vote through clever use of rabies
Victory:
For the Innocents they need to kill all of the Killers. For the Killers they need to make the Innocent's members equal Team Killer's members.

Items

Some people have been given gifts by a stranger in boxes that have been sent to everyone. 9 of them contain items, 1 contains a bomb. Whoever gets the bomb and opens the box dies if it goes off. There is a 25% chance for it not to go off. There is only one of each item.
Shield: The shield protects a person from being killed once. After that it breaks.
Magnifying Glass: Let's you look in at one person's past once per night. If they are a Killer or a Henchman then they have a violent past. If they are a Guardian Angel then they have no past. If they are a villager they have a quiet past. Warps upon death.
Warped Magnifying Glass: The Warped Magnifying Glass lets you look at one person's past once per night. If they are a Killer or a Henchman then they have a violent past. If they are a Guardian Angel then they have no past. If they are a villager they have a quiet past. The Warped Magnifying Glass has a 50% chance to give you the wrong answer though. Indistinguishable from a Magnifying Glass. Is destroyed upon death.
Broken Camera: Upon your death you drop a cryptic clue of who your killer is. What it says is up to me. Is destroyed upon death.
Bomb Jacket: When you die you blow up, taking your killer(or a random lynch mob member) out with you. Is destroyed upon death.
Teleporter Watch: When an attempt on your life is made, you randomly switch places with another villager. After being used once it breaks.
Malfunctioning Teleporter Watch: Every night there is a 10% chance for you to switch places with a person about to be killed. You die in their place. When you are to be killed by a killer there is a 75% chance for it not to work. You think it's a working Teleporter Watch. Is destroyed upon death.
Hunting Dog: You can have your dog investigate 5 people. He's very old. If any of the 5 people are a killer, he's found murdered. If they are innocent, he is found having died in his sleep. If one of the people are a henchman the dog will be found murdered. If one of the people is a killer and one is a henchman the dog will be found murdered. If one of the people is the guardian angel the dog will be found alive and will have not die in his sleep. If there is a killer and a guardian angel then the dog dies in his sleep. Can only be used until he is found dead. Isn't destroyed upon death.
Ballot Stuffer: You can have your vote count as two votes once. Isn't destroyed upon death.
Trowel of Wonder:*The Trowel of Wonder activates upon its holder's death. A random event from the list below occurs upon activation.

1. Crazy Veteran Effect: You strap on a bomb vest before anyone can get you. If lynched, you have a 1/3 chance to take each voter with you, individually. If you are targeted by a killer, you have a 1/2 chance of taking the killer with you.

2. Russian Reversal: In Soviet Russia, victim kills YOU!! If lynched, the first voter for the intended victim dies instead. If killed, killer dies instead.

3. Ackbar: The killer or leading lynch voter is disabled for a turn.

4. Victim Scramble: Next Turn, the targets of the killers get shuffled around.

5. Meat Shield: One player is randomly killed instead of the intended victim.

6. Final Destination: You may cause one player of your choice to be culled next turn.

7. Organ Donor: One victim from the same update survives.

8. I got better: You die. Next update, you make a full recovery. You cannot vote in that update, however, and must still post in color until then.

9. Rocks fall everyone ducks: The host will roll a d20 for each living player. Anyone who rolls a 1 gets crushed to death.

10. Rewind*: Everyone is brought back to life, for every role that was cut during the round (killer, henchman, hound, and detective) one more shall be rolled randomly from those resurrected.

12. Wha? : The trowel refuses to activate. You are on your own.*

13. Ghostly rights : Next turn, the ghosts get a vote. Popular vote gets added to the lynch vote for the day.*

14.Change of Heart : Random citizen becomes a killer for the remainder of the game

15.Hat Trick : Three random effects happen.

Rules

*48-hour long Days
*24-hour long Nights
*2 Killers
*3 Henchmen
*1 Guardian Angel
*1 of each Item
*Killers know each other and know the Henchmen
*Henchmen know each other and know the Killers
*Items can be given to others or destroyed as well as taken from a dead body
*The person with the most lynch votes gets lynched, the 25% rule is not in effect
How to use the Hunting Dog/(Warped) Magnifying Glass/Ballot Stuffer: To use the item send me a PM. For the Ballot Stuffer simply say you wish to use it for tonight's lynching vote. For the Hunting Dog name 5 people you want him to investigate. For the (Warped) Magnifying Glass send me a PM of the guy you want to investigate.
How the Items work: I choose 7 of the players to offer them a box. If they choose not to open it then the box is offered to someone else.
How the Killing works: There's 2 kills every night. As a Killer you write your kill of how you kill someone(you PM your kill to me). In it you must leave a clue to your identity. You may also leave up to 2 Red Herrings. The clue can relate to you as a poster. Being lynched makes your kill null. At the beginning you have a beginning kill that doesn't kill off any players, but a random villager. This is to give players a feel for your writing style(A.K.A. Flavor Reasons). This 'dummy kill' is put in the post for the first day of the game.

Example Beginning Day

(Random Joe) is Dragged screaming by his feet to the old oak. A noose is hanging there and it's slipped around his neck.*
"I didn't do it!" he yelled as they kicked the stool out from under him.
Congrats, he was (Innocent or Guilty)
(If he had a Cracked Magnifying Glass the message goes here.)
Example Kill:
As (Random Joe) went to bed he noticed a magician apparently levitating outside on the streets. He shrugged it off as he laid down in his soft bed. He was awoken by the honking of a hand-held horn in his face. He sat up in bed as a juggling pin was brought down hard on his head with a sickening crunch.
Player Killed: (Random Joe)

Explaination: The magician apparently levitating in the street is a call out to the magician Chris Angel, or as he is more commonly known as: Mind Freak. This would be my clue towards my identity. The honking and the juggling pins are a call out to Gamzee from Homestuck. They are my two red herrings that can point to someone who openly shows their love of Homestuck, such as Derjuin, Fan, or Crimson Angel to name a few.

Player List 0/20 places filled.

Everyone has two weeks to sign up for this! There'll be a raffle too, so just because 20 people have already signed up doesn't mean you shouldn't as well. You see, out of everyone who signs up, the ones that will actually play will be chosen randomly.

Now let's all have some fun, ya hear?!

Xanmyral
2011-12-12, 04:24 PM
You can't pay me enough to miss it. I am in.

Gray Mage
2011-12-12, 04:37 PM
Count me in.

TBFProgrammer
2011-12-12, 04:54 PM
Will the "letting no one know who you are" part in the GA's description be lethally enforced?

Zjoot
2011-12-12, 05:22 PM
Miss my favoritest game evah? No way! In. And the raffle is a very unfair idea in my opinion. So if more than 20 people join and I don't get to play, I'll feel extremely ripped off, just so you know.

Grue Bait
2011-12-12, 05:28 PM
In. Also not a fan of the raffle, but if you think it's fair, then ok.

Mindfreak
2011-12-12, 05:49 PM
Will the "letting no one know who you are" part in the GA's description be lethally enforced?

Yes, I will use my powers of the internets to send rabid rabbits to your house if you let anyone know.:smalltongue:
Please think of it more as a guideline for fun play. It kinda ruins the mystery and fun if you tell someone else your role, don't you think?

And on the raffle, I may not instate it in the end.
I may very well in fact let everyone join who signs up. I do have a tweaked set of roles for 30 and 40 players, plus some roles and items I haven't made official that I would add to level the playing field.

I do hope you guys like the new item? And the new roles?

Penguinator
2011-12-12, 06:20 PM
Here we go!

usourselves&we
2011-12-12, 06:39 PM
Joining this, who will be evil this time? Muahahahahaha.

52.5 Lemons
2011-12-12, 06:42 PM
IN!!!!!!!!! So in.... there is no way I am going to miss this one!

bladescape
2011-12-13, 01:15 AM
In, wounded but in.:smalltongue:
To think, you would betray me for another Narrator!

super dark33
2011-12-15, 09:01 AM
In.:smallbiggrin:
I like mindfreak games.
If you can, dont make me the bloodhound or the detective. im not sure i can play them well, and they look to coplicated for me to use.

razovor
2011-12-15, 12:23 PM
You can count me in.

In.:smallbiggrin:
I like mindfreak games.
If you can, dont make me the bloodhound or the detective. im not sure i can play them well, and they look to coplicated for me to use.

Bloodhound doesn't look too complicated.

The Killer has to describe how he kills his target. He must leave some clue to his identity in the description. He is allowed to leave false clues. Each day the bloodhound can question one clue and learn if it's false.

flabort
2011-12-18, 07:13 PM
I said I was in again, I'm in. :smallamused:

Assuming I survive the first cut of the Raffle. :smallbiggrin:

Lady Serpentine
2011-12-21, 02:30 AM
In, for certain. At least if I don't get raffled out (not really a fan of that method...).

Oh, and I should probably link to Won't get Fooled Again, since Flabort and Ramsus previously played me proficiently. :smalltongue:

flabort
2011-12-22, 01:07 PM
In, for certain. At least if I don't get raffled out (not really a fan of that method...).

Oh, and I should probably link to Won't get Fooled Again, since Flabort and Ramsus previously played me proficiently. :smalltongue:

:amused:
we'll see what happens this time. You may even end up beating on me like a drum :smalltongue:

Zjoot
2011-12-22, 01:51 PM

Not me? :smallfrown:

Lady Serpentine
2011-12-22, 02:07 PM
Not me? :smallfrown:

That's right... You were a henchman in that one, weren't you?

Yeah, you did pretty well at manipulating me. As did the rest of the Killer side.

usourselves&we
2011-12-22, 02:28 PM
The Gimmace was a killer last time.

The kills were written fantastically, we would like to say.

Lady Serpentine
2011-12-22, 02:32 PM
Argh. Been way too long... But yes, in that case, most certainly; you never hit my suspect until after I was a ghost.

Was Ramsus a henchman, then, though? Because I distinctly remember Flabort being a killer...

Edit: And yes, the kills were great. I don't suppose we could see what you had for the rest of us, could we? I rather liked the backstory you were building up, and I still want to see just how everyone had wronged you both...

Penguinator
2011-12-22, 02:37 PM
Edit: And yes, the kills were great. I don't suppose we could see what you had for the rest of us, could we? I rather liked the backstory you were building up, and I still want to see just how everyone had wronged you both...

Oh, yes, we did never get to see that.

Ramsus was a Henchman, yes.

Grue Bait
2011-12-22, 03:03 PM
While we're reminiscing, could the person with the bomb jacket speak up this time? I'd prefer to live past day one...

Zjoot
2011-12-22, 03:40 PM
Argh. Been way too long... But yes, in that case, most certainly; you never hit my suspect until after I was a ghost.

Was Ramsus a henchman, then, though? Because I distinctly remember Flabort being a killer...

Actually, I never actually figured it out...:smallredface: Bad form, I know. But maybe I'll have to go read through my kills again and fill in the holes in the story........sometime.

Viera Champion
2011-12-22, 09:42 PM
I'm joining, babe!:smallbiggrin:

Mindfreak
2011-12-25, 08:23 AM
13 players have signed up so far, and everyone else has till tomorrow to sign up.
Unless more people sign up we won't be able to play.:smallfrown:

Xanmyral
2011-12-25, 02:07 PM
Sad day! Come on other people, give the game a shot, you might like it!

TBFProgrammer
2011-12-25, 11:46 PM
Fine, fine, I'll play. I just hope I'm not a killer, as I've taken on enough narration already.

Oddity
2011-12-26, 04:51 AM
It's about time I came back. The guy who gets lynched because his name is so easy to put in RP.

In!

Mindfreak
2011-12-26, 11:48 PM
Sorry guys, we don't even have the amount of players from when the first game was played, so unfortunately this game cannot be played.:smallsigh::smallfrown:

However, make sure you tune in in a couple months. I'll try my best to drum up intrest, find artists to make cool trophies, and think of a better setting then the cliché: Killers come back, idea.

Xanmyral
2011-12-27, 01:27 AM
Dang, I was looking forward to playing this. Oh well, good luck on your quest to make the perfect game, Mindfreak.

Lady Serpentine
2011-12-27, 02:50 AM
Sorry guys, we don't even have the amount of players from when the first game was played, so unfortunately this game cannot be played.:smallsigh::smallfrown:

However, make sure you tune in in a couple months. I'll try my best to drum up intrest, find artists to make cool trophies, and think of a better setting then the cliché: Killers come back, idea.

You might want to simply extend the recruitment indefinitely, rather than cancel it... I mean, I don't see a reason not to, so...

flabort
2011-12-27, 12:26 PM
I think C'Nor has a good idea, but if you already have plans to the contrary, that's OK too.

Still, I was excited about this somewhat (Generic-Winter-Holiday presents took a higher priority :smalltongue:).

Zjoot
2011-12-27, 06:15 PM
You mean Christmas Presents. :smallannoyed:

Any reason you were going to cancel this instead of extending recruitment? And did you ever ask in central for more players? The first one was pretty well balanced, so if we take away the new roles and such we could play with only 4 more.

Vesth
2011-12-29, 08:59 AM
If you're still looking for new players, I supossed I could join....

But be warned; the closest thing I played to werewolf is a dumbed down version in school, known as 'Polar Bear'.

Mindfreak
2011-12-29, 09:28 AM
You mean Christmas Presents. :smallannoyed:

Any reason you were going to cancel this instead of extending recruitment? And did you ever ask in central for more players? The first one was pretty well balanced, so if we take away the new roles and such we could play with only 4 more.
I did ask in Central, twice I believe.
It's more like I'm not exactly ready myself. Personally I was hoping there wouldn't be enough players because of some RL stuff going on right now.:smallsigh:
However, if anyone would like to run this instead of me, they are more than welcome to.

Grue Bait
2011-12-29, 11:46 PM
If people are okay with it, I'd be more than happy to try my hand at this sort of thing. It'd be a good way to start out since I don't have to worry about kill writing. I'd need your role balance, though.

Penguinator
2011-12-29, 11:52 PM
Dooooo eeeeet!

Lady Serpentine
2011-12-29, 11:59 PM
I certainly wouldn't have any objections. :smallbiggrin:

Mindfreak
2011-12-30, 09:05 AM
If people are okay with it, I'd be more than happy to try my hand at this sort of thing. It'd be a good way to start out since I don't have to worry about kill writing. I'd need your role balance, though.
20 People:
2 Killers
3 Henchmen
1 Guardian Angel
14 Citizens

The number of citizens are adjustable. The items are then sent randomly.

Grue Bait
2011-12-31, 12:06 AM
All right, thank you! So the list of people joined is

1. Xanmyral
2. Gray Mage
3. The Grimmace
4. Penguinator
5. usourselves&we
6. 52.5 Lemons
7. Bladescape
8. Superdark33
9. razovor
10. C'nor
11. TBFProgrammer
12. Oddity
13. Vesth
14. Darkeyras
15. Lex-Kat
16. The Bushranger
17. Supagoof
18. Atreyu the Masked LLama
Ok, people spread the word! Dragonspire Killers 2: The Sequel That Doesn't Suck will run! Recruitment extended indefinitely! We only need a couple more!

Penguinator
2011-12-31, 12:14 AM
Probably a good idea to post that in WW Central.

flabort
2011-12-31, 11:54 PM
If.... if it matters, MF, when you try again, it could be called "Dragonspire killers 2.1: The Return of the Sequel that Doesn't Suck".

Viera Champion
2012-01-08, 08:51 AM
I'm dropping out. If this is even still happening that is.

Grue Bait
2012-01-09, 12:17 AM
:smallfrown:I'm truly sorry to hear that. I will remove your name from the list. If you don't mind me asking, why are you dropping out?

Viera Champion
2012-01-09, 08:41 AM
:smallfrown:I'm truly sorry to hear that. I will remove your name from the list. If you don't mind me asking, why are you dropping out?

Personal issues. Things I don't want to talk about in this thread. Not to mention the fact that I have been slowly confining myself to the Arts & Crafts forum, the FFRP forum, and the LGBTA thread, and do not feel like I would be properly able to fill my role here.

Also, this thread gives me... painful memories.:smallfrown:

I'm really sorry.

Penguinator
2012-01-09, 06:05 PM
...I just realized what used to be in your sig.

That's too bad, Lil Shiro. Hang in there.

Dakeyras
2012-01-10, 05:55 PM
May I join? If its still on

Grue Bait
2012-01-10, 06:22 PM
Your name has been added.

flabort
2012-01-11, 12:58 PM
Sorry, take my name off. :smallsigh:

I feel depressed when this game shows up in my CP now. :smallfrown: Dunnow why.

Lex-Kat
2012-01-14, 01:18 PM
I will join, to try to save this game. :smallsmile: What's it about, anyway? :smallconfused: Killing Dargonspires?

Oddity
2012-01-17, 01:37 AM
I will join, to try to save this game. :smallsmile: What's it about, anyway? :smallconfused: Killing Dargonspires?

I just noticed that the first post refers to this game as "Dragonridge Killers 2". :smallconfused:

Lady Serpentine
2012-01-17, 02:02 AM
Mindfreak was inconsistent at times. Dragonspire is the correct name for the town and the game, at least based on the last one.

Grue Bait
2012-01-17, 10:44 AM
If anyone knows two more people that they think would join, would you mond sending them a PM? I'd rather not let this game die, since I I know so many of us loved the first.

Penguinator
2012-01-17, 04:59 PM
Ramsus isn't on your list, and he played last time. I'll ask him.

Zjoot
2012-01-17, 05:15 PM
Yeah, cuz Ramsus had sooo much fun the last time. :smalltongue:

Grue Bait
2012-01-17, 05:37 PM
Also I forgot to make a note. If anyone has a role they would absolutely hate to be, PM me and I'll take that into consideration when handing out roles.

Penguinator
2012-01-17, 10:04 PM
Yeah, cuz Ramsus had sooo much fun the last time. :smalltongue:

Yeah, it wasn't my best idea.

Uh... Atreyu played in the last one? billtodamax is in most games I'm in, but is away right the moment. I don't know.

Grue Bait
2012-01-17, 10:37 PM
Atreyu is unable to participate. I already checked. I know two people who might join. I'll have to talk to them.

The Bushranger
2012-01-17, 10:46 PM
Hmmm...
WHy not. :smallsmile:

Supagoof
2012-01-17, 11:54 PM
I shall try, though the game may not get 100% of my attention with baby planning sure taking much of my focus right now. :smallbiggrin:

Lex-Kat
2012-01-18, 12:59 PM
Yay! Now we can play. :smallsmile:

Grue Bait
2012-01-18, 06:00 PM
Alrighty, then. Roles will be sent out on Friday to give anyone else one last chance to join.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2012-01-18, 10:24 PM
Well, when I think about it, it would be nice to be able to say I'd been in every Dragonspire game. May I still join?

Grue Bait
2012-01-20, 12:02 AM
If you have not recieved a role PM, let me know. Opening narration will be up tomorrow.

leakingpen
2012-01-20, 04:53 PM
am i too late?

Grue Bait
2012-01-20, 06:08 PM
Unfortunately, yes. I would be happy to add you to the Replacement List, if you'd like.

Edit: Narration will be up as soon as I get the dummy kills.

Grue Bait
2012-01-20, 08:17 PM
20 years ago, the town of Dragonspire experienced a series of brutal murders. They were barely able to kill the killers, and lost many good men in the process. but those days are behind them. Today, Dragonspire is quiet, beautiful town. It's actually won several awards. But the evil is back, and it has a cliched vengeance.
Grue Bait, in the place of Mindfreak, presents Dragonspire Killers 2: The Sequel That Doesn't Hopefully Won't Suck.

The Puppet:
AbidinG by the rule of law had never been a concern for this man. He found that law and other similar things only had much of an effect on those that thought for themselves. His partneR and master had always been his only guide through this life. Before he made a kill, he always thanked his master for this protection from guilt.
The soon to be dead man before him never felt his presence. Drawing his gun from its holster, he pointed it At the mans lower back. One shot rang out and the man fell, paralyzed from the waist down. Slowly drawing his knife, his chosen weapon and best defense, he savored the life ending before him. It was over, men could not stand against his prowess. Taking the man's eYes so he was blind, the puppet hears the sounds of those that heard the mans screams. It was time to be going. A slash to sever the man's arteries and away he fled.

The Puppetmaster:

The storyteller gathered the children around after finishing the tale, wishing each of them good sleep before shooing them off home. Having done this, he slowly stood up and began seemingly wandering aimlessly.

It knew exactly where it was going, but it led it's follower a wild goose chase through the winding streets, laughing behind the friendly face at the idiocy as it led it's prey into a trap, itself as bait.

A while, and they stopped suddenly, interrupting the continuous travel, and bringing the follower to a halt. "You've stepped in over your head." It spoke hissingly, tensing like a snake to strike. The follower stepped back, "Stop attempting to destroy our town!"

"You misunderstand. I protect the town. It's you villagers that destroy it." It lunged, and in a moment it was over, and the storyteller slowly licked it's fingers clean of blood. The now dark face oddly estatic from the rich, red, taste.

1. Xanmyral
2. Gray Mage
3. The Grimmace
4. Penguinator
5. usourselves&we
6. 52.5 Lemons
7. Bladescape
8. Superdark33
9. razovor
10. C'nor
11. TBFProgrammer
12. Oddity
13. Vesth
14. Darkeyras
15. Lex-Kat
16. The Bushranger
17. Supagoof

Day One Begins!

Penguinator
2012-01-20, 10:07 PM
Well, Gray Mage isn't an idiot, so I'm going to guess that's a red herring.

Lex-Kat
2012-01-20, 10:12 PM
Or, he's hoping it seems too obvious for it to be him. But, then again. I really don't understand what's going on. I, uh, just joined to help get the game started. Didn't realize I needed to read the rules. :smalleek:

bladescape
2012-01-20, 11:33 PM
Read the rules, Lex!

Well, this time, at least, we won't be trying to make clues out of anything and everything. I remember the start of the last one where we got... a good 12 or more clues from one of the first narrations. XD

Any thoughts on clues/red herrings? First thing that comes to mind as emphasised in the 'Puppet' is law. And I've no real idea who that could refer to...

Zjoot
2012-01-20, 11:51 PM
Death. Ha! What was death? They thought that something as silly as that would keep him away? He drifted through the rafters of his favorite haunt, the old clocktower with its thirteen "Bongs," reminiscing about the old days; memories of the justice he had failed to dish brought back to life by the new killers trying their hand at this game. Yes, it was time to play again, but maybe it would be fun to switch teams this time around. The ghost of a killer dove into the bloodstained body of a victim, as the long curved blade clattered to the ground, forgotten.
---------------------------------

Everyone's avatars for easier reference as we decifer the clues:
Xanmyral
http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n607/Xanmyral/X.gif

Gray Mage
http://b.imagehost.org/0468/Ig_Peverell.png

TBFProgrammer
http://www.giantitp.com/avatars/DruidGuy.gif

The Grimmace:
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/gifs/dragon11.gif

Penguinator:
http://www.giantitp.com/avatars/PirateGuy.gif

usourselves&we:
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/304/e/2/youngster_by_lugialegend-d4emjdl.png

52.5 Lemons:
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n636/525Lemons/Lemonsoldierswitharmy.png

bladescape:
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/5619/samsavatarni.png

superdark33:
http://a.imageshack.us/img405/8748/superdarkb.jpg

razovor:
http://i52.tinypic.com/2utkyza.png

C'nor:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-x8mV7FFWRcY/Tw5IMoUOyaI/AAAAAAAAABU/UIbkINc1jqM/s1600/kyranisandliella.png

Oddity:
http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq131/daivinian/BOSN.png

Vesth:
http://www.giantitp.com/avatars/GnomeWizardGuy.gif

Dakeyras:
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3415/hitmanrequestnormal.png

Lex-Kat:
http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq237/Lex-kat/Avatars/d3b0804.png

The Bushranger:
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n365/b_nebb/bushranger.png

Supagoof:
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/sgseries3.gif

Atreyu the Masked LLama:
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/riffraff.gif
A lot of clues are based on otherr things, but a nice list of avatars is a good start. Feel free to copy this and add sigs, links to extended sigs, or common knowledge type facts about the person that you think might help us decifer the clues.

And I've only noticed the GRAY one so far. It's obviously intended to point us towards Gray Mage, who I don't believe would post something like that, especially after seeing mine and Flabort's mistakes from the last one. Keep in mind that it could point to anything Gray, though. Someone's avatar, (like Xan's) or something in a sig. I'll have to read through the stories again, but that's the only thing I noticed for now.

And @ bladescape: I remember a lot of that was me tring to disperse the suspision onto as many as possible. :smallamused:

bladescape
2012-01-21, 12:49 AM
Thanks for the avatars. Easy to reference info is always good.

And:

And @ bladescape: I remember a lot of that was me tring to disperse the suspision onto as many as possible. :smallamused:

Ah, yes. 'Tis a pity I died so early, as I was really having a fun time with that.

Lady Serpentine
2012-01-21, 05:26 AM
The Puppet:
AbidinG by the rule of law had never been a concern for this man. He found that law and other similar things only had much of an effect on those that thought for themselves. His partneR and master had always been his only guide through this life. Before he made a kill, he always thanked his master for this protection from guilt.
The soon to be dead man before him never felt his presence. Drawing his gun from its holster, he pointed it At the mans lower back. One shot rang out and the man fell, paralyzed from the waist down. Slowly drawing his knife, his chosen weapon and best defense, he savored the life ending before him. It was over, men could not stand against his prowess. Taking the man's eYes so he was blind, the puppet hears the sounds of those that heard the mans screams. It was time to be going. A slash to sever the man's arteries and away he fled.

I think that the lines I bolded (*)point at The Grimmace(*). For the first one, if you take a look at Center, he betrayed the Town, but was protected by the other Celestials, he recently protected Lex-Kat, the Necromancer, who also betrayed the Town, from a lynch based on her actions being revealed, and he's the Day-Baner, a power granted by his master, the Daystar. And then for the second, well... He's the Day-Baner in Center, and quite well known as it.

Penguinator
2012-01-21, 07:57 AM
The now dark face oddly estatic from the rich, red, taste.

This makes me think Super dark once I look at his avatar, but if he isn't a wolf, well, wolves likely know that he *tends* to make an easy target.

52.5 Lemons
2012-01-21, 01:03 PM
Quick question before we really get underway. Does every player become a ghost when they die or is only for certain players?

Grue Bait
2012-01-21, 01:24 PM
Lemons: Everyone becomes a ghost.

Don't forget to vote, everyone!

52.5 Lemons
2012-01-21, 02:30 PM
Well, the capitol letters spelling "GRAY" is way too obvious to be a legitimate clue. The only other thing I can think of is that Darkeyras is the only one with guns in his avatar other than myself.
I may change my point later since I'm thinking that most players, if they were the killer, wouldn't make their clue referencing their avatar. Just seems too obvious.

Lex-Kat
2012-01-21, 04:14 PM
Bladescape

Zjoot
2012-01-21, 04:28 PM
I'm actually going to go with Superdark for now for the one clue. I'm having trouble finding others at the moment.

TBFProgrammer
2012-01-21, 04:47 PM
The Puppet:

Myself, Supagoof and C'nor all have partners in our avatars, and the implication that The Puppet is greater than man could point at Atreyu.

I could also see knife line pointing at The Grimmace, bladescape or Oddity.

I'd suspect that one of these is supposed to be the other red herring.

The Puppetmaster:

The storyteller gathered the children around after finishing the tale, wishing each of them good sleep before shooing them off home. Having done this, he slowly stood up and began seemingly wandering aimlessly.

It knew exactly where it was going, but it led it's follower a wild goose chase through the winding streets, laughing behind the friendly face at the idiocy as it led it's prey into a trap, itself as bait.

A while, and they stopped suddenly, interrupting the continuous travel, and bringing the follower to a halt. "You've stepped in over your head." It spoke hissingly, tensing like a snake to strike. The follower stepped back, "Stop attempting to destroy our town!"

"You misunderstand. I protect the town. It's you villagers that destroy it." It lunged, and in a moment it was over, and the storyteller slowly licked it's fingers clean of blood. The now dark face oddly estatic from the rich, red, taste.

Storyteller plus bait seems to point to our narrator, which could imply a connection with Grue Bait. The Grimmace and 52.5 Lemons both have this connection, though it seems a bit of a stretch.

Penguinator
2012-01-21, 05:09 PM
laughing behind the friendly face...

Let's see... my avatar, Supagoof's, Vesth's, Bushranger's and usourselves&we's avatars all have smiles. Some creepier than others. (Oh, and Lemons' as well, I guess) Vesth's and mine are stock forum avatars, and I don't know about him, but I don't put a lot of stock into mine, especially since I've been sketching a half-way decent one.

Then again, that could have nothing to do with anything, and I'm just reading too far into things.

52.5 Lemons
2012-01-21, 05:49 PM
I'm going to retract my point at Darkeyras because I find it much more of a stretch than "licked it's fingers". So I will go with Flabort.

EDIT: aaaaand I realize my list of players is wrong and that Flabort had said he wasn't going to play. In that case, my vote will go back to Darkeyras.
It's been a long week...

Vesth
2012-01-21, 09:04 PM
Huh....I'm not sure....

Superdark, I guess...

usourselves&we
2012-01-22, 10:50 AM
The repeated use to ‘it’ when referring to ‘The Puppetmaster’ makes us wary of non-humans, but for right now we’re going to vote for bladescape, probably wrong but, at lest the dead will be able to talk, right?

razovor
2012-01-22, 11:04 AM
Bladescape

I'm not liking the lack of reasoning here. Seems suspicious. Darkeyras seems like a better choice.

super dark33
2012-01-22, 11:05 AM
Bladescape, because 'his chosen weapon was the knife'.
Knife>blade>bladescape!

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2012-01-22, 11:31 AM
I like C'Nor's logic. I'm pointing at The Grimmace

Zjoot
2012-01-22, 11:46 AM
See personally, I think the second one points to me more, with the thing about the storyteller, since I was telling the story the last time. The "The villagers are destroying the town" fits in with my attitude from that storyline as well as my attitude in Center. That actually made me suspect C'nor of being a killer or a henchman writing a kill for Superdark, because if Superdark wrote his own kill it would be a dead give away and out of everyone, I remember C'nor being the one who was most interested in my story the last time, however, the fact that he pointed out clues in the first one, which I don't think are that strong (Honestly, if anything in the first clue the knife points to me more. My avater was holding a sword and I used a knife in all my kills last time around) sort of kills that theory a little.

super dark33
2012-01-22, 12:02 PM
You know, i was hopeing to be a killer in this game.
I already had a set of clues and red herrings ready.:smallannoyed:.
Still, i like my own logic, who proved to be usefull in L.A noir.

Supagoof
2012-01-22, 12:38 PM
Razover, for being gray in color and for being a mind flayer - imo mind flayor = controller of people (puppet master) AND non human so the multiple references to "it" apply.

Penguinator
2012-01-22, 01:27 PM
I like C'Nor's logic. I'm pointing at The Grimmace

I find this odd, Atreyu, seeing as you're not in that game.

Zjoot
2012-01-22, 01:52 PM
A question for Mr. Bait, did the killers pick their titles or did you?

Grue Bait
2012-01-22, 02:06 PM
The killers chose their own titles.

The Bushranger
2012-01-22, 11:43 PM
superdark33 for random first-day lulz!

bladescape
2012-01-23, 12:08 AM
I'm not liking the lack of reasoning here. Seems suspicious. Darkeyras seems like a better choice.

I think she's voting me because of my comment for her to read the rules. :smallsigh:

SuperDark for three different reasons.

Dakeyras
2012-01-23, 08:01 AM
SuperDark To save my own skin

TBFProgrammer
2012-01-23, 08:15 AM
Hmm, I don't like the reasoning for Dakeyras or super dark. I guess bladescape could be the puppet.

Gray Mage
2012-01-23, 03:08 PM
I find this odd, Atreyu, seeing as you're not in that game.

I didn't get why it was odd. :smallconfused:

Unsure on who to vote for, that GRAY bit seems like something that would blatantly point at me and/or be dismissed quickly, so I sort of get the feeling it's a clue to someone else. I could be reading too much into it, though.

I'm going to say, not feeling like neither superdark or blade are killers. The text just doesn't seem like something super would write and the knife part could work with many players.

Supagoof, due to the partner and mentor line, since his avatar has Atreyu's too, who could count as his partner and maybe mentor too, I'd have to search more to confirm the last one.

Grue Bait
2012-01-23, 05:17 PM
Day over. Narration up soon.

52.5 Lemons
2012-01-23, 05:53 PM
You know, i was hopeing to be a killer in this game.
I already had a set of clues and red herrings ready.:smallannoyed:.
Still, i like my own logic, who proved to be usefull in L.A noir.

Not sure if I find this comment suspicious or not. However, if we are to assume that he is telling the truth and is not in fact a killer and that he is a citizen, then he would be top target for whoever the killer is. So I say we should all assume he is a citizen and take him off the list of possible killers. That way, if he is the killer, he won't die in tonight's kill, but if he is a citizen, then the killer would want him dead because it's one less person to have suspicion thrown on.
Does this make any sense?
I know he is up for lynch anyway, but I'm just throwing out this theory for future reference. It may be of use in similar situations.

Zjoot
2012-01-23, 06:15 PM
Does this make any sense?

Nope. Not at all. The killers are less likely to target people who are more suspicious. They wouldn't want less suspects for the village at all, because it makes them more likely to be lynched.

Grue Bait
2012-01-23, 06:32 PM
The crowd tightened around the quiet man. He didn't say much to defend himself, so the mob didn't move. A few in the town didn't even bother showing up. Some seemed confused.

"So how do we know this is him?"
"We don't. Nobody knows. Well, except the killer."
"This seems a bit silly. Why are we lynching him then?"
"'Cuz it says here in the rul-"
"No no no! Shut up! We're lynching him because we have reason to believe that he's the killer!"
"But-"
"No! Shut up and lynch him!"
"But, I don't want to kill anyone..."
"Look, just throw some rocks into the air, okay? Whoever dies first must be the killer."

And so they did. Due to the super darkness of Superdark, the rocks assumed that he was a black hole and followed him. He was crushed violently under a hail of pebbles. He was a...

Citizen

He had an item! upon further inspection, a
warped magnifying glass
is found.

1. Xanmyral
2. Gray Mage
3. The Grimmace
4. Penguinator
5. usourselves&we
6. 52.5 Lemons
7. Bladescape
8. Superdark33 Citizen-Warped Magnifying Glass-Lynched day 1
9. razovor
10. C'nor
11. TBFProgrammer
12. Oddity
13. Vesth
14. Darkeyras
15. Lex-Kat
16. The Bushranger
17. Supagoof

Night one begins!

Grue Bait
2012-01-24, 10:15 PM
Night One

The Puppet:
Every now and then master gave him some of the childrens' candies. When he felt sick or blue or just gray, usually. This was one of those nights. He didn't really understand what benefit they were supposed to provide, but he ate them anyways. Suddenly his awareness snapped into focus, it was time to hunt. Master was counting on him.
Emperors, peasants, vengeful ghosts, silent assassins, slavering monsters, he hunted them all in a deadly duel of awareness. Just like this man. Instead of a gun or a knife, he was forced to rely only on a small piece of wire this time. Master liked for him to use different methods. Rocking slowly forward he shifted then brought the wire over Xanmyral's head. The man started, but he didn't have much chance. Then it was over, after just a brief struggle.

The Puppetmaster:

The target was an interesting case today. The Storyteller wandered again as it followed this one. Not a bad target, this one would perhaps be a challenge.

The robes were cumbersome as it padded along behind the target. It would have to deal with this outfit soon. Able to take on the follower, it needed more freedom of movement to properly deal with more dangerous targets.

The target moved slowly, now. Searching for clues. Good, it was distracted. Moving quickly from the shadows, it's hand shot out grabbed the neck of the crouching Penguinator. Soon enough, it was over again, while the target had struggled, it hadn't been that much of a challenge. A disappointing success, a sour taste in his mouth. Perhaps soon it'd find something more challenging. Meanwhile, it savoured the taste of the newest victim's blood.

Summary: Xanmyral and Penguinator both woke up dead. They were
Citizens
With
Nothing
1. Xanmyral-Citizen-Killed Night One
2. Gray Mage
3. The Grimmace
4.Penguinator-Citizen-Killed Night One
5. usourselves&we
6. 52.5 Lemons
7. Bladescape
8. Superdark33 Citizen-Warped Magnifying Glass-Lynched day 1
9. razovor
10. C'nor
11. TBFProgrammer
12. Oddity
13. Vesth
14. Darkeyras
15. Lex-Kat
16. The Bushranger
17. Supagoof

Day Two Begins!

Penguinator
2012-01-24, 10:25 PM
That's two games in a row I've been the first nightkill. You people just don't like me that much, hey? :smalltongue:

52.5 Lemons
2012-01-24, 11:33 PM
That's two games in a row I've been the first nightkill. You people just don't like me that much, hey? :smalltongue:

Remember though that you're still available to give input, you just don't have a vote.

Penguinator
2012-01-24, 11:43 PM
Nah, killers told me. I'm not gonna break the game.

bladescape
2012-01-25, 08:07 AM
:smallconfused:

Apathy abounds. I seem to be one of the first posters in any day in a lot of games recently....

If it wasn't for the fact that Flabort's not playing, it seems, I'd think he'd be a killer... Anyone else got ideas for what's with the "Puppetmaster's" using then licking his hands off in every kill? Seems to be some sort of emphasis...

Supagoof
2012-01-25, 12:31 PM
:smallconfused:

Apathy abounds. I seem to be one of the first posters in any day in a lot of games recently....

If it wasn't for the fact that Flabort's not playing, it seems, I'd think he'd be a killer... Anyone else got ideas for what's with the "Puppetmaster's" using then licking his hands off in every kill? Seems to be some sort of emphasis...
I would assume a blade. So that makes me think of you right off the bat. :smalltongue: I mean, most killers don't lick the blood off a gun after using it.

But then I look at my own avatar, specifically at the guest in my avatar. Atreyu is holding a blade in mine, and for puppetmaster - well no one I know has anywere near the amount of Avi's as Atreyu does - so if one viewed that the master is the one typing on the keyboard, and the puppet as the avatar - then Llama would by far be the biggest puppet master in the playground, let alone this game.

What say you, beast behind the mask?

Looking back at the avatars - The Grimmace also has a blade too.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2012-01-25, 12:41 PM
I would assume a blade. So that makes me think of you right off the bat. :smalltongue: I mean, most killers don't lick the blood off a gun after using it.

But then I look at my own avatar, specifically at the guest in my avatar. Atreyu is holding a blade in mine, and for puppetmaster - well no one I know has anywere near the amount of Avi's as Atreyu does - so if one viewed that the master is the one typing on the keyboard, and the puppet as the avatar - then Llama would by far be the biggest puppet master in the playground, let alone this game.

What say you, beast behind the mask?

Ummmm....but I have a gun! *unleashes orange spongy hell on Supagoof*

In actuality, its a stretch, but clues always are in this game. However, I'm not really a puppet master of the llamatars. I'm in more of a schizophrenic sort of relationship with them.

I'm pretty sure Penguinator is a villain based on his very random poorly logicked point against me last.......AH! DANG IT ALL TO TARTARUS! He's done gone and died on me! He won't escape justice that easily by being dead and a citizen. That's for sure!

Vesth
2012-01-25, 01:32 PM
I have a gut feeling it's 52.5 lemons.

That, and I really cannot fathom his reasoning...

Lex-Kat
2012-01-25, 02:01 PM
a sour taste in his mouth.
Maybe it's because of this, Vesth. Because I was thinking the same thing, 52.5 Lemons is sour. Though he does have a gun in his hand.

Then again, maybe that's too obvious. :smallannoyed:

Supagoof
2012-01-25, 02:50 PM
*AAAAAHHHH* Ducks behind cardboard box after being pelted multiple times by foam balls.

Let's see. I'll fight foam with FOAM!

Takes out can of foam shaving gel, fires back at Atreyu.

Playing aside - now that sour taste in mouth is brought up, I'm leaning more towards 52.5 Lemons as well, since both the sour taste and the look of his avi licking the barrel of the gun it's holding (note the gun placement.)

But Atreyu is consistently holding things with his mouth.

Checks through all of Llama's 200+ avi's...

And none of which are sour in nature - except may where he's dragging around Indy. That could be sour. Does anyone know what naked Canadians taste like?

Oddity
2012-01-25, 05:02 PM
Why would 52.5 Lemons remind Penguinator that he could post in thread if Penguinator had been told who killed him already?

razovor
2012-01-25, 05:32 PM
Why would 52.5 Lemons remind Penguinator that he could post in thread if Penguinator had been told who killed him already?

To make himself look innocent?

52.5 Lemons
2012-01-25, 05:48 PM
Yes, it does seem that those clues point to me. I however have a strong feeling that TBFProgrammer is the Puppet master seeing as he is a master to his dog and the part with the licking of the hands is screaming "dog" in my ear.

EDIT: and my avatar isn't licking the gun, what sense does that make?

TBFProgrammer
2012-01-25, 05:53 PM
I don't know, Razovor, that seems kind of meta-gamey, not to mention risky. I'm willing to bet that Lemons didn't know what Penguinator knew when he talked to him, regardless of which side he is actually on.

That said, Oddity's defense of Lemons presumes that he did, which feels fishy to me.

Zjoot
2012-01-25, 05:53 PM
TBFProgrammer also seems to fit with the use of 'it', referring to his avvie's dog. In my opinion, these things are just subtle and well thought out enough to be legitimate clues, but not too much of a stretch.

Also, if you'll notice, the puppetmaster is licking his hands, not his weapon.

And Blade from the first one + Blue and gray=bladescape? Or maybe it really is Gray mage and he's sitting there laughing as we dismiss that clue as an obvious red herring....(I know I did the first game) Either way, I'm getting the vibe that at least one of the killers (or possibly a henchman) played the first game. The clues are much better concealed I think than mine and Flabort's weere, so I think they may have learned from our mistakes.

And a list of living players who were in the last one is:
Gray Mage*
The Grimmace
Bladescape*
usourselves&we*
52.5 Lemons
C'nor*
Atreyu

*The ones I suspect most.

Penguinator
2012-01-25, 06:21 PM
I'm pretty sure Penguinator is a villain based on his very random poorly logicked point against me last.......AH! DANG IT ALL TO TARTARUS! He's done gone and died on me! He won't escape justice that easily by being dead and a citizen. That's for sure!

Well, it just seems odd that you followed logic based around a game you aren't in. I don't know how well games that I'm not a part of attract attention, but it seems strange that Grimmace would be known as the Champion of the Daystar to someone who isn't in Center WW.

Oddity
2012-01-25, 07:24 PM
TBFProgrammer, it's only a small presumption. Penguin said 'killers', plural.

Zjoot
2012-01-25, 08:07 PM
I thought Oddity's point was that if the killers had contacted Penguinator, they would know he knew their identities, so if Lemons was a killer, he would know that Penguinator knew, and asking him to contribute would have been really dumb just in case he decided to say something about it, which is a very valid one indeed.

bladescape
2012-01-25, 08:17 PM

Uh... I was kinda talking about killing people with his hands, then licking them off, and trying to work out who that would pertain to.....

I guess my wording was pretty aweful in that last post. >.>

I'm not sure who to pick in this Lemons/Programmer debate. The only problem from my point of view is that I can't seem to find a backup for the Lemons Clue, and Programmer would have to be reusing clues.... Which I'm not sure is even allowed... Either way doesn't make sense for me. I'll look through the narrations again for the Puppetmaster and see if I can justify either of them properly.

Oddity
2012-01-25, 09:48 PM
I thought Oddity's point was that if the killers had contacted Penguinator, they would know he knew their identities, so if Lemons was a killer, he would know that Penguinator knew, and asking him to contribute would have been really dumb just in case he decided to say something about it, which is a very valid one indeed.

That's exactly what I meant.

52.5 Lemons
2012-01-25, 11:33 PM
I'm going to point out the consistent use of the "it's" instead of "its" in The Puppet Master kills. The consistency, however, is what leads me to believe it is just a misdirection because none of us, at least that I could find, use "it's" incorrectly every time. There were a few cases in which it was used incorrectly, but not in every case.

super dark33
2012-01-26, 10:04 AM
:smallannoyed:

Thank you all for anouter 1 day game.
what was i thinking? i was gonna use my magniglass?
:smallmad:

razovor
2012-01-26, 10:24 AM

Oddity is assuming the killers are in constant communication. Penguinator said the 'killers' spoke to him, but that wasn't necessarily meant to be plural. One of the killers could have spoken to him, and 52.5 Lemons didn't know about it.

52.5 Lemons
2012-01-26, 10:26 AM
:smallannoyed:

Thank you all for anouter 1 day game.
what was i thinking? i was gonna use my magniglass?
:smallmad:

You do realize that your magnifying glass was warped right? And that means that the person who does have the other one is now garunteed to have one that works.

EDIT: Also since it seems that there is no avoiding it, I have to admit that I have the magnifying glass and I have scried Gray Mage as innocent. Go ahead and make a counter claim if you want, but it won't end well for you.

razovor
2012-01-26, 10:28 AM
You do realize that your magnifying glass was warped right? And that means that the person who does have the other one is now garunteed to have one that works.

Unfortunately, no. The Magnifying glass warps on death.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2012-01-26, 10:30 AM
Well, it just seems odd that you followed logic based around a game you aren't in. I don't know how well games that I'm not a part of attract attention, but it seems strange that Grimmace would be known as the Champion of the Daystar to someone who isn't in Center WW.

but...but...someone else gave a really clear and defined explanation of what was going on in that game. It seemed only polite that someone acknowledge that hard work.

I'm voting against
52.5 lemons.

52.5 Lemons
2012-01-26, 10:35 AM
And a quick question, the "sour" clue makes perfect sense, but what clue points to me in the first kill? I don't know of anything.

EDIT: and while the glass does warp on death, that only means that it is useless to anyone else unless it is passed on before they die. I'm pretty sure that when Grue Bait wrote that it is warped, he meant that was what it was even before death.

bladescape
2012-01-26, 11:02 AM
The only one I can find is the 'Storyteller + Bait' reference, which someone during the first day offered that it might be a reference to a connection with Grue.

Still, very stretched.

Also, I'm saying it again, that licking it's fingers seems to be saying something, but I can't say I can see what...:smallannoyed:

super dark33
2012-01-26, 02:39 PM

EDIT: Also since it seems that there is no avoiding it, I have to admit that I have the magnifying glass and I have scried Gray Mage as innocent. Go ahead and make a counter claim if you want, but it won't end well for you.

Yes im aware.
i would love to see its results when i was to use it.

Zjoot
2012-01-26, 05:45 PM
Grue, could you confirm in thread that if superdark had a functioning glass that information would have been revealed?

Also @bladescape, the licking of hands points to TBF's doggy IMO.

52.5 Lemons
2012-01-26, 06:06 PM
The only one I can find is the 'Storyteller + Bait' reference, which someone during the first day offered that it might be a reference to a connection with Grue.

Still, very stretched.

Also, I'm saying it again, that licking it's fingers seems to be saying something, but I can't say I can see what...:smallannoyed:

So bait is referring to Grue Bait and therefor pointing to me because I know him. That's a stretch but I guess it's possible. What does the "storyteller" have to do with me?

52.5 Lemons
2012-01-26, 06:54 PM
I will not be able to post until the day is over most likely, so this is probably my last will and testament.

I will be passing all of my possessions (magnifying glass) onto somebody so as not to let it warp. I am not going to tell anyone who I am passing it on to. It's too bad everybody has overlooked all the clue pointing to Programmer and decided to go for the clues that are a big stretch and one that seems like a last resort clue as if the killer needed one more to fill the requirements. Killers and Henchman: please don't tell me who you are, as I would like to stay a ghost.

Thank you, that is all.

usourselves&we
2012-01-26, 07:57 PM
TBFProgrammer or bladescape could be the puppet master seeing as ‘storyteller’ is probably a clue calling out narrators.

Grue Bait
2012-01-26, 09:38 PM
Day over. Narration up shortly.

Grue Bait
2012-01-26, 09:59 PM
Day Two

Dr. Lemons was a simple man, of simple tastes. He liked long forest hikes, sunset dinners, poking dead thing with sticks and Sour Patch Kids. He enjoyed life in general, and strived to explain the unexplainable through science. Today however, he was fighting for his life.

"But I'm not the killer!"Lemons exclaimed.
Sure you aren't, Killer. I assume that the half-eaten Sour Patch Kid isn't yours either, huh?
"It's not! I can prove it, too! Simply do some DNA testing on it and you'll find it has never been near my mouth!"
"DN-what?"
"Oh lookit Mr. Lemons over there, all 'I have science and you don't.' Well you know what? I'm tired of him! He's always going ona bout his silly 'science,' and 'Stand back, I'm going to use science."'
"I- I never said any of those things..."
We don't need that do we?! I say we lynch him! Lynch him good and dead! Who's with me?!
I guess...
Sure...
Okay, if you say so...

Rocks were thrown, sticks were swung, and eventually Dr. Lemons's bruised and battered body lay in the street.

He was a...
Citizen. Tough luck there, you guys though you had it, didn't you?

He had...
Nothing. How odd.

2. Gray Mage
3. The Grimmace
5. usourselves&we
6. 52.5 Lemons-Citizen-Lynched Day Two
7. Bladescape
8. Superdark33 Citizen-Warped Magnifying Glass-Lynched Day One
9. razovor
10. C'nor
11. TBFProgrammer
12. Oddity
13. Vesth
14. Darkeyras
15. Lex-Kat
16. The Bushranger
17. Supagoof

Night Two Begins

52.5 Lemons
2012-01-26, 10:11 PM
He was a...
Citizen. Tough luck there, you guys though you had it, didn't you?

He had...
Nothing. How odd.

Not odd at all, I said I would give it to somebody, now I want, if that person is so kind enough to do so, to have TBFProgrammer scried. At least. Seems the only way I can voice my opinion is dead so I'll give it a shot.

Also, I'm not sure why they thought I was the killer, nothing in The Puppet Master's kill night 0 really pointed to me, and the use of "sour" is pretty obvious, in fact, I find it to be more obvious the spelling out GRAY.

Well, it was fun while it lasted. I will still be participating as a ghost though.

bladescape
2012-01-26, 11:44 PM
So bait is referring to Grue Bait and therefor pointing to me because I know him. That's a stretch but I guess it's possible. What does the "storyteller" have to do with me?

The fact that Grue is the Narrator. Tying in once again. It wasn't very strong, just a possibility.

TBFProgrammer or bladescape could be the puppet master seeing as ‘storyteller’ is probably a clue calling out narrators.

... That's very specified for the clue and meaning you gave it. Considering TBF Programmer is highlighted, I imagine this encompasing clue would somehow involve anyone here who has narrated, and yet you only mentioned me and TBF?

Why, pray tell, not Gray Mage, who runs WitchHunt occasionally. Or perhaps Lex-Kat, who is far more worthy of the title 'Storyteller' than anyone else.

This post is FOS worthy to me. Both TBF and Gray Mage would be a stretch to title 'Storyteller'.

Zjoot
2012-01-27, 12:29 AM
If he had included Lex-Kat (and possibly myself, if recruiting games count) that would have made a little more sense since it would include all current narrators, but as it stands the post was a bit fishy. The exclusion of Lex Kat especially.....

usourselves&we
2012-01-27, 12:55 AM
Yeah. . . our memory wasn’t really working at that point, we kind of forgot about Lex being in this game. Don’t think we were around during a WitchHunt game so we wouldn’t know about Grey Mage and that. Our item won’t be useful if we’re lynch time to give it to someone.

Lex-Kat
2012-01-27, 03:30 AM
Or perhaps Lex-Kat, who is far more worthy of the title 'Storyteller' than anyone else.
:smallredface: You make me blush. How mean of you. :smallwink:

If he had included Lex-Kat (and possibly myself, if recruiting games count) that would have made a little more sense since it would include all current narrators, but as it stands the post was a bit fishy. The exclusion of Lex-Kat especially.....
Or Supagoof, for his Ye Olde West and Llama, Llama, Duck games. Or Atreyu with his original Convoy VII (Yes, Convoy VII was the first Convoy), and Pirates. And Bladescape is narrating Chaos in the Academy right now. So that clue is waaaay too vague.

Yeah. . . our memory wasn’t really working at that point, we kind of forgot about Lex being in this game. Don’t think we were around during a WitchHunt game so we wouldn’t know about Grey Mage and that. Our item won’t be useful if we’re lynch time to give it to someone.
I guess you could be forgiven for not knowing Supagoof and Atreyu's past, being new and shtuff. :smallfrown: But... you're in my Assassins game right now. *cries* How could you forget me so soon? *flies away, leaving a trail of fire and tears*

The Bushranger
2012-01-27, 03:47 AM
eep, day's over. :smalleek: Note to self: don't miss another...

*huggles teh poor pixie*

bladescape
2012-01-27, 07:00 AM
:smallredface: You make me blush. How mean of you. :smallwink:

I beg to differ. The origin of my praise wasn't meanness at all.:smalltongue:

I guess you could be forgiven for not knowing Supagoof and Atreyu's past, being new and shtuff. :smallfrown: But... you're in my Assassins game right now. *cries* How could you forget me so soon? *flies away, leaving a trail of fire and tears*

Aww. :smallfrown:

Now look what you've done, making the poor pixie cry!

Gray Mage
2012-01-27, 10:32 AM
Why, pray tell, not Gray Mage, who runs WitchHunt occasionally.

To be fair, there wasn't much narration going on at those games. :smallredface:

Zjoot
2012-01-27, 11:02 AM
It should be noted that neither Atreyu nor Supagoof is narrating a game right now. That's only Lex, bladescape, and TBF, which is a much more manageable list, and of the three, I agree that Lex is the most deserving of "storyteller" since she's fairly famous for being a great narrator and she always has a game running.

usourselves&we
2012-01-27, 12:52 PM
Ah, I’m so sorry Lex, man that’s what I get for trying to think so late in my sleep/wake cycle.
Though I guess subconsciously I was trying to push my minds into thinking you had nothing to do with the killers because I love your narrations. And the killings don’t really look like your writing style, as far as I can remember.

bladescape
2012-01-27, 04:31 PM
And the killings don’t really look like your writing style, as far as I can remember.

And why would anyone of us write in a style that is 'traditional' of us if we were killers?:smallconfused: Wouldn't it make sense to change the style, even if it meant writing worse than we normally did?

usourselves&we
2012-01-27, 05:07 PM
And why would anyone of us write in a style that is 'traditional' of us if we were killers?:smallconfused: Wouldn't it make sense to change the style, even if it meant writing worse than we normally did?
That is why we put that part in white as we feel it didn’t matter all that much. The conspiracy theorist side of us agrees with what you said completely.

bladescape
2012-01-27, 05:09 PM
The conspiracy theorist side in me came up with it.:smalltongue::smallwink:

Grue Bait
2012-01-28, 12:37 AM
Night phase extended. And to those of you passing items, they do not arrive immediately, they take 24 hours in-game to arrive, i.e. items passed in a day phase arrive the next day phase, and items passed at night arrive the next night.

Grue Bait
2012-01-28, 12:14 PM
Night Two

The Puppet:
Moving into a sitting position, he relaxed after the long climb. He liked resting atop this particular spire, chosen mostly because he could more easily maneuver the area where some of the decoration had long ago fallen off. He drew a pack of cards master had given him and started tossing them down into the central court area. He thought of the work he'd done that day, starting way back around two.
The gray cable van had been the perfect cover. Getting the job had been somewhat difficult, hence why he started at two. After he was done with the repairs, he had carefully palmed an extremely sharp slow-acting poisoned needle. As he shook hands with The Bushranger, the needle had shifted and that was it.

The Puppetmaster:
The Storyteller knew it's target well. This target would never see it coming. The Storyteller knew too well how little he'd be noticed. If not ignored outright. A unique occurance, if he was actually seen.

"Greetings." It spoke, though it was ignored by the Grimmace. It sat slowly down at the table, watching it's target as he never even spared a glance for him. Perhaps he'd regret that when it's fingers slowly slid around his neck, squeezing the air from his lungs.

"You will not even acknowledge me?" Waving his hand in exasparation, The Grimmace attempts to wave it away, only to be met with a cruel grin. The Target finally glanced up proper from his papers, eyes widening as he saw what approached, a third eye the colour of blood on the it's forehead. "B-But, you can't be!" Is all the target got out before the fingers slid effortlessly through the skin, twitching as they felt the Target convulse and die. It licked the blood off it's fingers happily, the surprise on this one's face, at least, was satisfactory.

The Grimmace was almost killed. Unfortunately, The Malfunctioning Teleporter Watch dragged Oddity into his place. Oddity was a
Citizen
With
The Malfunctioning Teleporter Watch
The Bushranger was killed, too. He was a
Citizen
With
Nothing
2. Gray Mage
3. The Grimmace
5. usourselves&we
7. Bladescape
9. razovor
10. C'nor
11. TBFProgrammer
12. Oddity-Citizen-Malfunctioning Teleporter Watch-Killed Night Two
13. Vesth
14. Dakeyras
15. Lex-Kat
16. The Bushranger-Citizen-Killed Night Two
17. Supagoof

Missed one day
Dakeyras
C'nor
bladescape
Gray Mage

Day Three Begins

Zjoot
2012-01-28, 02:12 PM
Hey cool, looks like I'm cleared. Anyone wishing to start a network just has to contact me. :smallwink:

I'd like to note that Bladescape is a cardshark in Magequest.

52.5 Lemons
2012-01-28, 02:53 PM
AAAAAHHHHHH! The puppet master kill is still screaming "DOG" at me. It has just too many characteristics of a dog's behavior to overlook.
Also I'm thinking that the puppet played the first Dragonspire because his clues are very well hidden.
Good luck citizens!

bladescape
2012-01-28, 07:25 PM
Yes, I am, The Grimmace. But personally, that is a tad obvious for me, thanks. :smalltongue:

Anyways, the whole 'not being noticed and being waved away' totally stinks of doggishness. TBFProgrammer, any answer for this?

Vesth
2012-01-28, 09:02 PM
Ok, what gives?

The word grey practically comes up in every narration...

Red herring or not, I'm too darned curious not to vote for Gray Mage...

razovor
2012-01-28, 09:17 PM
Being obvious has certainly kept him alive so far. I'm willing to bet Gray Mage would take a risk like that.

The Bushranger
2012-01-28, 11:29 PM
Gray Mage.

Baaaaaa!

TBFProgrammer
2012-01-28, 11:30 PM
I'm not so sure about Gray Mage, Lemons seemed convinced he had the real glass. I'll go with bladescape for now.

52.5 Lemons
2012-01-29, 12:22 AM
Are you guys serious right now? Either you're all henchmen with no other options, or really oblivious citizens. I am 100% certain that I had the working magnifying glass. The narrator confirmed with me that what he puts in the thread is what he had before he died. So regardless of the "warp on death" rule, if the other one shows up warped, then it was warped to begin with.

Oh, almighty narrator one, could you please clarify publicly whether or not you posted before death or after death status of the item? That would be of help to mostly everybody.

Oddity
2012-01-29, 06:00 AM
I have to say, I only ever thought the item would work in my favour. The bane of a gambler at heart I guess :smallwink:

bladescape
2012-01-29, 05:16 PM
Gray Mage.

Baaaaaa!

Uh... Aren't you ... dead?:smallconfused:

Lex-Kat
2012-01-29, 10:52 PM
Yup. Bushranger, you have died. Sorry.

Atreyu the Masked Llama, did you do this?

The Bushranger
2012-01-29, 11:01 PM
Wait, what?

*looks*

I AM THE VOTE GHOST! FEAR ME!

Penguinator
2012-01-29, 11:04 PM
Wait, what?

*looks*

I AM THE VOTE GHOST! FEAR ME!

"Pipe down, boy. Some of us are actually trying to rest in peace!"

Lex-Kat
2012-01-29, 11:05 PM
Well, that means you have no reason not to join theGrimmace's Seer's Academy WW (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229078), which will give us the 30 players he wants. :smallbiggrin:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2012-01-29, 11:06 PM
Yup. Bushranger, you have died. Sorry.

Atreyu the Masked Llama, did you do this?

No, Miss Lex-Kat, I did not! And shame on you for pointing at me on my birthday!

52.5 Lemons
2012-01-29, 11:26 PM
"Pipe down, boy. Some of us are actually trying to rest in peace!"

Yes. And some of us are trying to help the poor misguided living souls. But of course it's not your fault the secrets were let slip to you.

Lex-Kat
2012-01-29, 11:41 PM
No, Miss Lex-Kat, I did not! And shame on you for pointing at me on my birthday!
:smalleek: mew. :smallfrown: Supagoof!! See what you made me do!

Supagoof
2012-01-30, 04:32 PM
Miss Lex-Kat! I love 4 legged animals. I would never suggest pointing at one on his birthday.

My other 4 legged friend came back alive last night, and he went to wish Atreyu a happy birthday. Now - this is not proof of innocence, but there it is more to go on.

Fido has sniffed....
Atreyu, the masked Llama
Grey Mage
Dakeyas
usourselves&we
Bladescape
razovor

Interpret this as you will, but likely these on this list are okay rather then evil, though the rules on how Fido works have been interpreted differently with the changing of narrators, so....not 100% sure these people are completely safe.

Sorry Lexie - Fido hasn't visited you.

Zjoot
2012-01-30, 05:41 PM
Is Fido alive?

Penguinator
2012-01-30, 05:43 PM
"Hey, Supagoof had my old puppy! Must like parodists."

bladescape
2012-01-30, 06:27 PM
Is Fido alive?

Uh...

My other 4 legged friend came back alive last night, and he went to wish Atreyu a happy birthday. Now - this is not proof of innocence, but there it is more to go on.

Gee. I wonder. >.>

Zjoot
2012-01-30, 06:34 PM
Oh Yeah. :smallredface: So that makes one of you the Guardian Angel. It also means one of my targets is now invalid....

I guess I'll still go with TBFProgrammer.

Grue Bait
2012-01-30, 06:36 PM

Edit: Yeah, scratch that. We got a three way tie between Gray Mage, Lex-Kat, and TBFProgrammer. Let's see if we can fix that

You have 24 hours to vote for one of those three. Winner will be lynched.

Gray Mage
2012-01-30, 08:30 PM
TBFProgrammer, sorry dude, but I'd rather live.

For those asking if I'd do the "Gray" bit every night, no I wouldn't. It'd just feel lazy for me to do it like that. It seems much more like someone wants to get me lynched.

TBFProgrammer
2012-01-30, 08:51 PM
Lex-kat then, since Gray Mage is pretty much cleared.

Lex-Kat
2012-01-30, 08:58 PM
Oh yeah! Well, I'll point at Gray Mage then. :smalltongue:

Vesth
2012-01-30, 09:04 PM
TBFProgrammer...going with my gut feeling

Zjoot
2012-01-30, 09:06 PM
TBFProgrammer

usourselves&we
2012-01-30, 09:12 PM
TBFProgrammer, to make up for the fact that we forgot to vote and that forced everyone to vote again.

bladescape
2012-01-30, 09:22 PM
TBFProgrammer, due to Doggish Kills.

Supagoof
2012-01-31, 12:46 PM
TBFProgrammer

Thanks for the present to whomever passed it to me. I appreciate the gift, and hopefully it'll be very useful. :smallwink:

Fido is alive and going out to check again tonight.

Grue Bait
2012-01-31, 10:26 PM
Day over. For real this time.

Grue Bait
2012-01-31, 11:13 PM
Day Three
All of Dragonspire has gathered for today's lynch in the town square.

"People, please! I know we've had bad luck in the past, but today I think we have it! Look at how shifty he is! He has to be evil!"
"I still don't see why this is any better than what I said... Ooh lookit me! I'm Supagoof and I can lead a lynch! Jerk."
"I'm not a killer! I'm telling you!"
"Shut up, you. Besides, I'm just a better leader! Plus, you know, I've got Fido. That helps. Everyone! This man must be lynched!
"Say that again and I'll kill you!"
The crowd gasps as TBFProgrammer realizes what he said.
"I... Wait, just... Stand back, I've got a bomb!"
He rips his robes open as a detonator appears in his hand. The crowd stops, as if stunned by the force of his words. They gaze at the bomb strapped to his chest.
"That's right, citizens, you're done for. Now, you're going to let me go, I'm going to slip out of town, and you'll never see me again."
Screaming, the crowd flees, until only six remain. Gray Mage, Vesth, The Grimmace, usourselves&we, bladescape, and Supagoof all face the accused killer.
"No. You will pay for your crimes. Even if I die trying!
Supagoof charges TBFProgrammer. As he tackles the accused killer, the rest look away, and a deafening BOOM echoes through the city.

TBFProgrammer was lynched. He was
The Puppet.

He had the bomb jacket! He took Supagoof with him.

Supagoof was a
Citizen
with
Fido and the broken camera.

2. Gray Mage
3. The Grimmace
5. usourselves&we
7. Bladescape
9. razovor
10. C'nor
11. TBFProgrammer-Killer-Bomb Jacket-Lynched Day Three
13. Vesth
14. Dakeyras
15. Lex-Kat
17. Supagoof-Citizen-Fido, Broken Camera-Killed by bomb jacket, Day Three

Dakeyras will be replaced. He's missed too many days.

Night Three Begins

TBFProgrammer
2012-01-31, 11:31 PM
*ghostly laughter*

And you guys thought you had it all figured out, didn't you.

For all my fellow ghosts, lets see if you can figure out the clues now that you know the solution. :smallamused:

Oh, and have fun with that camera. :smalltongue:

Vesth
2012-02-01, 01:33 AM
Wat'da know, my gut feeling was right!

Now...who should adopt Fido?

Oddity
2012-02-01, 01:38 AM
Oddity was onto something wasn't he. Too bad I died when the target wasn't me

Zjoot
2012-02-01, 08:27 AM
Wait a sec, I just checked Supagoof's list and there's one more person than there should be. Fido is only supposed to sniff out five people. So which one of those didn't you search, Mr. Goof?

Supagoof
2012-02-01, 12:23 PM
It's not those I didn't search, it's those I searched twice. I was trying to pin down the baner, so could discern who was good or not. Turns out, Fido would always return back alive when sniffing the angel.

Which means I likely found the angel both nights. Now, I won't share who I search twice, because that only tells the puppets whom to attack, and I'd rather keep them guessing.

Angel never told me they were the angel.:smallfrown:

I am intrigued on how the cryptic clue from the camera will appear.

TBFProgrammer
2012-02-01, 01:14 PM
I am intrigued on how the cryptic clue from the camera will appear.

Ylevisolpxe?

Supagoof
2012-02-01, 02:31 PM
Ylevisolpxe?I think some of your brain matter from the bomb has caused you not to think so straight. :smallbiggrin:

Edit: Actually, I guess the TB in your name stands for The Bomb.

TBFProgrammer
2012-02-01, 02:44 PM
I think some of your brain matter from the bomb has caused you not to think so straight. :smallbiggrin:

Edit: Actually, I guess the TB in your name stands for The Bomb.

Oot edolpxe aremac eht t'nac yhw?

Yllautca, Erab Eht rof sdnats ti, on.

Grue Bait
2012-02-01, 05:27 PM
On the Broken Camera: It won't spawn a clue. Since the killer of the person who had the camera was known, it's rather pointless to have a clue. Oddly enough, this is exactly what happened last game.

Zjoot
2012-02-01, 05:36 PM
Whoever the guardian angel is should contact me, please.

Grue Bait
2012-02-01, 06:43 PM
Xanmyral has replaced Dakeyras.

Xanmyral
2012-02-01, 07:18 PM
During the dead of night the undertaker leaned on his shovel looking at the new graves, shaking his head. "I dun ever understan' tha workin's of city folk. All killin' each other an' tha like. Darn right uncivol... unciviv... ... not right is says!" With a shake of his head the old undertaker watched the surprisingly clear skies, the stars casting off ancient light from long ago...

THUMP. "What in tha world..." The old man spoke to himself as he looked at the offending grave. THUMP. He took a step back, this thump louder than the last. THUD-THUMP. The undertaker did a quick glance around, picking up his shovel in a defensive stance. THUD-THUMP-CRUNCH. There was silence for short while, during said silence the old man decided now would be a good time to back away slowly. "This whole place ain't right, I tells you!" He muttered to himself while holding the shovel as if a spear. The sounds returned, this time with each THUMP the ground in the grave shifted ever so slightly. With a suddenness, a rusted, broken, dirt caked chunk of unpolished metal burst through the ground. "I'm gettin' outta here, and neva comin' back! Them city folks can bury their own dead now!" The man yelled as he dropped the shovel and ran.

With a few more struggles a filthy Xanmyral clawed his way out of the grave with labored gasps of sweet fresh air. "Oh thank... Man... WHEW!" With that, he started laughing almost manically to himself. "I knew I should of kept this thing, everyone told me it was worthless and I should of thrown it away, but I knew better. My ancestor wouldn't of left this for no reason! Well what now, shield two, Killers one! YEAH!" Xanmyral (The second) continued his laughter as he laid sprawled on the soft grave turf, dirty broken shield in hand.

(With that done, I now need to up to catch up, catalog all the night killings, and present them.)

52.5 Lemons
2012-02-01, 10:48 PM
Whoever the guardian angel is should contact me, please.

A better idea would be for the guardian angel to contact a ghost and then contact others through that ghost. But since you're cleared, you're safe anyways. Just make sure that you know that whoever contacts you truly is the guardian angel.

TBFProgrammer
2012-02-01, 11:30 PM
Teppup eman eht koot I kniht uoy od yhw? Legna Naidraug eht dna rellik a htob yllautca M'i. reah t'ndid uoy?

Grue Bait
2012-02-02, 10:47 AM
Night 3 Ends

The Puppetmaster:
The Storyteller inched slowly forwards watching the back if it's prey. It had failed last time. Failed for the first time ever when that fool had gotten in it's way. But it's always here, they couldn't stop it forever.

"Bare your own cross for the world to see." A voice murmered in it's ear. The voice of the one that had taught it this skill. "But do not bare your approach to your target. The last thing they must see or hear is blood or their own scream."

The Storyteller nodded. Whimpered in delight as it's third eye opened. Stretching forwards to slowly slide it's hands into the target, then once again licking it's hands off. The blood was nice today.

Atreyu Was killed in the night. He was a
Citizen
With
Nothing
2. Gray Mage
3. The Grimmace
5. usourselves&we
7. Bladescape
9. razovor
10. C'nor
13. Vesth
14. Dakeyras Xanmyral
15. Lex-Kat
18. Atreyu the Masked LLama-Citizen-Killed Night 3

Day Four Begins

razovor
2012-02-02, 11:06 AM
Right. I'm not going to point at one of the Fido's scries because they might be the Guardian Angel. That leaves;

The Grimmace
C'Nor
Vesth
Lex-Kat

The Grimmace is definitely clear. The killers wouldn't be reckless enough to target one of their own. I suppose he might be a henchman, but I can't see any tactical advantage to having him dead.

C'Nors been a bit quiet, but I haven't seen them do anything suspicious.

Vesth is my choice for the day. I know the bandwagon against Gray Mage was a silly idea, but Vesth was in on it too. He also switched to the TBF bandwagon, just after the numbers turned against TBF. Suspicious timing if you ask me.

Lex-Kat is being very suspicious, constantly changing their vote. But at best they're a henchman. Killing the Killer is more important right now.

Vesth
2012-02-02, 11:53 AM
Please don't bother.

Not only am I innocent, you run the chance of killing yourself or getting everyone killed by lynching me.

My two-cents? I think Lex-Kat is innocent by the way she went for Gray Mage just to even the odds instead of TBFProgrammer even though it would be safer just to go for TBFProgrammer...

And that was why, even though I was going to pick Lex-Kat, I picked TBFProgrammer instead.

For now, I'm a tad confused on who could be the killer. I'll probably wait until someone can decipher the narration :smallbiggrin:

Gray Mage
2012-02-02, 12:31 PM
Ok, I'm going to make a table for my personal convenience, since I'm finding the list of players sort of confusing:
{table=head]Player|Dead? (Y/N)|When|Role
Xanmyral|Y|Night 1|Citizen
Gray Mage|N||
The Grimmace|N||
Penguinator|Y|Night 1|Citizen
usourselves&we|N||
52.5 Lemons|Y|Day 2|Citizen
Bladescape|N||
Superdark33|Y|Day 1|Citizen
razovor|N||
C'nor|N||
TBFProgrammer|Y|Day 3|Killer
Oddity|Y|Night 2|Citizen
Vesth|N||
Darkeyras Xanmyral|N||
Lex-Kat|N||
The Bushranger|Y|Night 2|Citizen
Supagoof|Y|Day 3|Citizen
Atreyu the Masked LLama|Y|Night 3|Citizen[/table]

Not much to go for on the previous days, I'm mildly suspicious of Dakeyas/Xanmyral due to day 1, but it's very fimsly and on bladescape (the last one is more on a always suspicious unless I have 100% proof, though). Still, a little too soon to go after those in the fido's list, so Lex-kat, if only to make more then one option.

Zjoot
2012-02-02, 05:21 PM
I would like Supagoof to be a little more specific. Who did you send Fido after on night one and who on night two? Because really our list of possible angel candidates should only include four people if you selected five each night.

Lady Serpentine
2012-02-02, 05:45 PM
Going with Vesth as well, for getting on the Gray Mage wagon, and then jumping to TBF as soon as it became clear that they were going to be lynched, which is a well-known wolf tactic.

Xanmyral
2012-02-02, 05:45 PM
Alright then, guess I should chip in. For your viewing pleasure, have a spoiler box with all of the Storyteller's kills inside for reference.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The target was an interesting case today. The Storyteller wandered again as it followed this one. Not a bad target, this one would perhaps be a challenge.

The robes were cumbersome as it padded along behind the target. It would have to deal with this outfit soon. Able to take on the follower, it needed more freedom of movement to properly deal with more dangerous targets.

The target moved slowly, now. Searching for clues. Good, it was distracted. Moving quickly from the shadows, it's hand shot out grabbed the neck of the crouching Penguinator. Soon enough, it was over again, while the target had struggled, it hadn't been that much of a challenge. A disappointing success, a sour taste in his mouth. Perhaps soon it'd find something more challenging. Meanwhile, it savoured the taste of the newest victim's blood.

The Storyteller knew it's target well. This target would never see it coming. The Storyteller knew too well how little he'd be noticed. If not ignored outright. A unique occurance, if he was actually seen.

"Greetings." It spoke, though it was ignored by the Grimmace. It sat slowly down at the table, watching it's target as he never even spared a glance for him. Perhaps he'd regret that when it's fingers slowly slid around his neck, squeezing the air from his lungs.

"You will not even acknowledge me?" Waving his hand in exasparation, The Grimmace attempts to wave it away, only to be met with a cruel grin. The Target finally glanced up proper from his papers, eyes widening as he saw what approached, a third eye the colour of blood on the it's forehead. "B-But, you can't be!" Is all the target got out before the fingers slid effortlessly through the skin, twitching as they felt the Target convulse and die. It licked the blood off it's fingers happily, the surprise on this one's face, at least, was satisfactory.

The Storyteller inched slowly forwards watching the back if it's prey. It had failed last time. Failed for the first time ever when that fool had gotten in it's way. But it's always here, they couldn't stop it forever.

"Bare your own cross for the world to see." A voice murmered in it's ear. The voice of the one that had taught it this skill. "But do not bare your approach to your target. The last thing they must see or hear is blood or their own scream."

The Storyteller nodded. Whimpered in delight as it's third eye opened. Stretching forwards to slowly slide it's hands into the target, then once again licking it's hands off. The blood was nice today.

Gray Mage
2012-02-02, 06:13 PM
Just a small, but important reminder. There were 5 wolves at the start of game, so considering there's 9 players left, this is Lynch (correctly) or Die guys, so be carefull and remember to vote and contribute.

bladescape
2012-02-02, 08:23 PM
I'm not going to vote yet. But here's my analysis so far for the three people being contested.

Lex-Kat: Only reference in the killing narrations is 'Storyteller', if you count that. And that's so vague it might as well not be counted. Not convinced of innocence, but I am convinced she's not the Puppetmaster.

C'nor: I ... honestly can't find much in the narrations for him either. Even with what I know of him from FFRP...

Vesth: Weak link .... But anyone notice the constant references to 'blood', especially with the licking it off the fingers? I'm not sure about anything else, but certainly there seems to be a lot of blood and gore in Golden Apples. Weak, though.

I'll have another look over them, though, then again, The Puppet doesn't appear to have references to TBF.... I'm going to look for word ciphers or vague references next.

EDIT: Forgot C'nor's vampires. Haven't RPed with him for too long. x.x

Xanmyral
2012-02-02, 09:33 PM
Personally, I'm of the opinion that it is Lex-Kat. Really though, that is because she is the only one I can think of that fits so far. I think that the Puppetmaster's disposition towards his/her victims could also be a clue, if an accidental one. Penguinator was "sour," Grimmace was snubbing, then surprise, so forth. That, and it talks about blood but that may be too literal. Blood is red, fire is red, her avatar is completely red...

bladescape
2012-02-02, 09:50 PM
Personally, I'm of the opinion that it is Lex-Kat. Really though, that is because she is the only one I can think of that fits so far. I think that the Puppetmaster's disposition towards his/her victims could also be a clue, if an accidental one. Penguinator was "sour," Grimmace was snubbing, then surprise, so forth. That, and it talks about blood but that may be too literal. Blood is red, fire is red, her avatar is completely red...

I didn't think Lex was sour towards Pengiunator?:smallconfused:

Apart from that.. It's a theory that holds some water.

Penguinator
2012-02-02, 10:06 PM
I didn't think Lex was sour towards Pengiunator?:smallconfused:

Dunno. Lex?

Zjoot
2012-02-02, 10:23 PM
I just can't see it being Lex. The reason being that as soon as we thought the storyteller clue was pointing to Lex, the killer suddenly became very diminutive like a pixie. Less subtle, not better hidden.

C'nor on the other hand, well, his actions on day one seemed very suspicious to me, and with what bladescape mentioned about vampires, I'm thinking C'nor for my main suspect.

Vesth
2012-02-02, 10:45 PM
I tell you, I'm innocent!

Plus bad things may happen when I die.

Anyway, I hold my stand. I still think Lex-Kat is innocent too, which leaves...

C'nor

TBFProgrammer
2012-02-02, 10:57 PM
Lemons, say something or die. :smalltongue:

niaga

-TGPuppet

Lex-Kat
2012-02-02, 11:02 PM
:smalleek: It's news to me. I've never held anything against Penguinator. Not even that time when he didn't want to play MLP WW anymore. :smallfrown:

I think Xanmyral's just trying to start a fight.

Xanmyral
2012-02-03, 03:59 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to imply that Lex-Kat had a "sour" attitude with Penguinator. Just that the reactions to the blood may, emphasis on the may, be linked to how one views that person, or how that person may be, or so forth. Something linked to them.

Well... The C'nor theory does indeed hold weight. My opinion is that it could be either of them really. One thing to remember though, is that only one clue should be the "on purpose" clue. In that, each killing has two red herrings, and one clue, not two clues. So if two things in a post point towards someone, it should be viewed with a bit of doubt.

Going to vote C'nor right now to even up the votes, but more theories however are appreciated.

bladescape
2012-02-04, 04:46 PM
Seems like something a little obvious for C'nor to focus on. I think I remember him being in the last game, he should know not to be obvious.

Not only that, but my vote goes to Vesth, because of how he reacted. As well as the evidence which points that way.

Xanmyral
2012-02-04, 04:50 PM
What evidence points towards Vesth? I'm not seeing it, unless you're talking about the robe comment. That was only mentioned once. Unless you were also talking about the third eye comment, and his obscured eye in his signature, which was mentioned twice... Hm.. What points towards Vesth in the first one however?

bladescape
2012-02-04, 04:52 PM
What evidence points towards Vesth? I'm not seeing it, unless you're talking about the robe comment. That was only mentioned once. Unless you were also talking about the third eye comment, and his obscured eye in his signature, which was mentioned twice... Hm.. What points towards Vesth in the first one however?

You're not playing in Golden Apples, are you.:smalltongue:

There's a lot of blood in the Golden Apples narrations. I'm guessing Vesth could have been referencing the blood in that. And it makes more sense than the obvious vampire/C'nor references.

Xanmyral
2012-02-04, 04:54 PM
Hm... Fair enough. BUT! Then wouldn't that discount the other clues however, such as the robes, the third eye, and so such?

bladescape
2012-02-04, 05:00 PM
Hm... Fair enough. BUT! Then wouldn't that discount the other clues however, such as the robes, the third eye, and so such?

Eh, depends whether they were pointing at him. Also, it makes sense with the 'sour' to 'good' tasting blood. Apples references.

Xanmyral
2012-02-04, 05:15 PM
Hm... Point. There are multiple people who have avatars with robes, so I guess that can be moved elsewhere. But what about the third eye? Who would that point to?

Zjoot
2012-02-04, 05:26 PM
bladescpae, I'm not sure. Those clues feel like the kinds of things that aren't actually clues, but we interpret them to be. Plus, the clues that worked best for flabort last time were actually refferences to his homebrews and such. C'nor could be trying something similar with his refference to FFRP, since as far as I know, most of us don't actually spend much time there. It may not seem subtle to you, but its also not the kind of thing that a killer would notice as a red herring. Those are almost always more superficial clues or refferences.

Vesth
2012-02-04, 07:17 PM
You're not playing in Golden Apples, are you.:smalltongue:

There's a lot of blood in the Golden Apples narrations. I'm guessing Vesth could have been referencing the blood in that. And it makes more sense than the obvious vampire/C'nor references.

No there isn't! Not yet anyway. I'm planning more gruesome stuff when people actually start losing :smalltongue:

usourselves&we
2012-02-04, 07:46 PM
We didn’t vote here yet did we? Cant logic at the moment, but Vesth will be our vote today.

Vesth
2012-02-04, 08:06 PM
...what evidence IS there against me?

bladescape
2012-02-04, 08:45 PM
... I said it. Seriously. *Sigh*

Copious references to blood + constant references to the taste of the blood.

Vesth
2012-02-04, 08:53 PM
Thats....very weak evidence to act upon.

Plus, as of now, the only blood in the Golden Apples is in the starting narration....that's all...

bladescape
2012-02-04, 09:20 PM
Is it? Is it really? Or is that just how you'd like it to be made out?:smallconfused:

You, yourself, admitted it would get even more gruesome when people began losing. And while I admit that the other thing wasn't bloody, it certainly matched the same horror theme.

Zjoot
2012-02-04, 09:29 PM
Is it? Is it really?

Yes, very much so. It reminds me of the kind of thing I would've said last game when I was a killer redirecting the clues away.

Vesth
2012-02-04, 10:19 PM
I can't wait to see the look in your faces whe you realise that I'm really innocent. I just hope that I can take the wolves down with me...

Zjoot
2012-02-04, 10:31 PM
Well, I don't know how that's going to happen since the bomb jacket already went off. :smallconfused:

usourselves&we
2012-02-04, 10:47 PM
The Towel of Wonder, He made many references to it, we just want to see what happens.

razovor
2012-02-04, 11:04 PM
Let's see;

1), 10) or 14) Bad for the Villagers.

2) or 3) Bad for me.

4), 7) or 13) Good for the villagers

5), 6) or 8) Good for you.

12) Bad for you.

Vesth
2012-02-04, 11:45 PM
Well, you will know if I get lynched :smalltongue:

TBFProgrammer
2012-02-05, 12:21 AM
Srellik eb lla nac ew dna s41 fo hcnub a dna 01 a htiw hguone teg. 51 rebmun ykcul nom'c. C'mon lucky number 15. Get enough with a 10 and a bunch of 14s and we can all be killers.

Lady Serpentine
2012-02-05, 08:15 AM
bladescpae, I'm not sure. Those clues feel like the kinds of things that aren't actually clues, but we interpret them to be. Plus, the clues that worked best for flabort last time were actually refferences to his homebrews and such. C'nor could be trying something similar with his refference to FFRP, since as far as I know, most of us don't actually spend much time there. It may not seem subtle to you, but its also not the kind of thing that a killer would notice as a red herring. Those are almost always more superficial clues or refferences.

Slight problem with the theory that I'd consider those less obvious, since most of you don't spend too much time there: Lex-Kat and Bladescape, both of whom are in FFRP, are in this game.

Also, it's not exactly necessary to be active in FFRP to look at my signature, see my vampire avatar, and click to the character sheets for my vampire's, which I'm actually quite surprised no-one has done, considering that signatures and such are fair game for clues in this one.

@Xanmyral: Third eye would be &we, given their well-known preference for triplets when they're RPing.

@All: After the confusion last game where Mindfreak allowed two clues and four herrings in one of the kills (which I'd think you'd remember, Grimmace, being one of the beneficiaries of it...), I checked with Grue Bait, and he said that yes, multiple clues are allowed, so long as one includes additional herrings.

super dark33
2012-02-05, 09:24 AM
I still think bladescape is the second killer.

Grue Bait
2012-02-06, 05:35 PM

Grue Bait
2012-02-06, 07:07 PM
Day Four

In the rubble of the town square, the remaining nine stand.

"Well, this is it, I guess."
"No kidding. A killer's still loose, as well as who-knows-how-many henchmen-"
"Hey, psst, there's three!"
"Whatever. Anyway, this is endgame. There's no one left if the killers aren't killed today."
"Hey, I've always wondered, why do we only lynch one person each day? Why don't we call the authorities and have them investigate us all?"
"Wolf!"
"He's a wolf!"
"That must be a wolves comment!"
"Yup, definitely a wolf."

Four of the crowd approach the poor Vesth. He backs away, until he's cornered. Cowering, he whips a trowel out from behind his back.

Stay back! Even I don't know what will happen! This could kill you all!

The four stop, wary of what will happen next. A voice from far behind calls.

"I kinda want to see what it does...
"All right, you three. Just for you"

Smiling, bladescape pulls a knife out of his belt. He suddenly lunges forward and sinks it hilt deep into Vesth's chest. The Trowel of Wonder drops and plunges into the ground. A rumbling is heard, and from the sky comes rocks of many sizes. Boulders, pebbles, and everything in between crashes into the city. Screams are heard, until the stones cease to fall.

"Wait, is that it?"
"I guess...
"That was... anticlimactic."
No kidding. Well we're all still standing, and from my count, there's as much of us as there are of you!

Lex-Kat, razovor, and C'nor draw knives, and charge the others. For hours, screams echo in the now-ghost town.

Vesth was killed he was a
Citizen

with
The Trowel of Wonder

Game Over! Killers win!

2. Gray Mage-Citizen
3. The Grimmace-Citizen
5. usourselves&we-Citizen
7. Bladescape-Killer
9. razovor-Henchmen
10. C'nor-Henchmen
13. Vesth-Citizen
14. Dakeyras Xanmyral-Guardian Angel
15. Lex-Kat-Henchpixie
18. Atreyu the Masked LLama-Citizen-Killed Night 3

Any thoughts on the game? Suggestions, compliments or anything else?

Vesth
2012-02-06, 07:15 PM
Wait, was that 'rocks fall, everyone ducks'? And no one rolled a one?

Consairn it!

And out of the three suspects, I was the only one that was innocent, and you still managed to lynch me? Shame on you all! :smallbiggrin:

Gray Mage
2012-02-06, 07:25 PM
Any thoughts on the game? Suggestions, compliments or anything else?

Well, my only complaint is the same one from the previous game (although in the last one village managed to win regardless of it).

The wolf/village ratio is really bad, not to mention the number of killers. 5/13 with double wolf kill per night is a pretty big handicap to town, IMO. I think it'd be best to ha one killer, and that player dies then a henchman, if there's one still alive, of course, is promoted to killer. Or somehow have some more players, though that could still be a problem with a fixed wolf amount since then the wolves could be too much outnumbered.

Other then that, no. The narrations were good, and the wolves did play well, so I can't say they didn't deserve the win, because, well, they did.

usourselves&we
2012-02-06, 07:30 PM
Heh, it’s much more fun when you are the wolves in this game.
Always knew this was going to be a wolf win, especially after we sent the camera to goof.
We were more interested in the Towel, so there’s that.

Anyway, what were the clues and herrings?
And we agree with Mage about how to 'fix' the game.

Lex-Kat
2012-02-06, 07:31 PM
:biggrin: I finally win one!!

And I'm not a henchman, I tell ya. I'm a henchpixie. Ask anyone that knows me. :smalltongue:

I thought the game was fun, but not really for me. I'm super happy I didn't get the Killer roles. I don't know if I would be able to write as good as they did.

I'm serious. I'm not good at including subtle clues in my stories. Good job to both bladescape and TBFProgrammer. And congrats to my fellow henchpeople, no matter what race they claim to be. :smallsmile:

Grue Bait, you did a wonderful job, in my opinion. Thank you for narrating.

Zjoot
2012-02-06, 07:44 PM
Aww, easy win for the killers. At least I can rest well knowing I had everyone pretty well figured out by the end of the day. Except maybe Lex.

EDIT for roleplay: The ghost abandoned a second body, killed a second time, but by a stab from C'nor, this time. How fitting that a descendant of one of his victims should be the one to end it. And they didn't even get to taste the sweet, cold taste of revenge. But still, killer or citizen, things never seemed to go his way in this town. This awful, backwards litte town. Not when he lived there as a child. Not when he returned for a visit. Not even as a ghost. Ah well. With a look of boredom and distace, he floated lazily away on the breeze, away from Dragonspire. Away from the city that ruined his life, and his death...

Lex-Kat
2012-02-06, 07:48 PM
And looking at it, I will agree the Killers need less people. It should be 1 "Wolf" for every 4 or 5 players. So this game should have had 2 Killers and 2 Hench?

But still, we did only have 1 more than I would have given them. And I believe this is Grue's first game. So overall, still a good job.

TBFProgrammer
2012-02-06, 07:49 PM
The Puppet:

You got gray. You missed the botched and carefully hidden spelling of my name (TBFProgram). Grue posted it before I could make final edits to fix the name. You missed blind, which was supposed to point at the blind game I'm running (Grue didn't like this one, but he didn't tell me until after it was up). You kind of missed chosen weapon and best defense, which was supposed to be Grimmace's sword and shield in his avatar.

The Puppet:
Every now and then master gave him some of the childrens' candies. When he felt sick or blue or just gray, usually. This was one of those nights. He didn't really understand what benefit they were supposed to provide, but he ate them anyways. Suddenly his awareness snapped into focus, it was time to hunt. Master was counting on him.
Emperors, peasants, vengeful ghosts, silent assassins, slavering monsters, he hunted them all in a deadly duel of awareness. Just like this man. Instead of a gun or a knife, he was forced to rely only on a small piece of wire this time. Master liked for him to use different methods. Rocking slowly forward he shifted then brought the wire over Xanmyral's head. The man started, but he didn't have much chance. Then it was over, after just a brief struggle.

Trieste (my power in Chaos Diplomacy) is written into this one, backwards, at the start of every other sentence. Sick plus candy is a reference to the sick kid role that outed me in Trick or Treat II. Emperors and peasants dueling was a reference to Gray Mage's death in Vampire. Oh, and gray was in there as well.

The Puppet:
Moving into a sitting position, he relaxed after the long climb. He liked resting atop this particular spire, chosen mostly because he could more easily maneuver the area where some of the decoration had long ago fallen off. He drew a pack of cards master had given him and started tossing them down into the central court area. He thought of the work he'd done that day, starting way back around two.
The gray cable van had been the perfect cover. Getting the job had been somewhat difficult, hence why he started at two. After he was done with the repairs, he had carefully palmed an extremely sharp slow-acting poisoned needle. As he shook hands with The Bushranger, the needle had shifted and that was it.

Gray again. Plus the cardshark reference you picked up on. The cable van and repairs are a reference to my death in WW Classic. Bare-foot is interleaved (bfaoroet) at the end of the sentences.

Gray was originally high-lighted to keep people from looking for the more well hidden clues of the same kind. After that, I just rolled with Gray Mage for red herrings so I wouldn't give people anything much to analyze. Meanwhile, I focused on attacking blade in thread so that if one of us died the other could lead the lynch the next day to secure a win. :smalltongue:

Penguinator
2012-02-06, 09:00 PM
"I still think bladescape is the second killer."

The one time everyone should have listened to Super dark...

I think it's totally imbalanced, wolf-wise. I was skeptical the moment I saw Mindfreak's rules, but didn't say anything. Too many henchmen, in theory, you could even make it three wolves (two killers, and one henchman) Best-case scenario for wolves, they kill three a day/night, meaning they win after five nights.

On the other hand, I don't like the fact that town ghosts can still assist, but wolf ones don't really have anything to do. That, and bladescape told me he killed me, so I couldn't do anything.

"childrens' candies."

I did suspect that this had something to do with Trick or Treat, after bladescape told me you were the second killer.

bladescape
2012-02-06, 10:12 PM
Yeah, sorry 'bout that Penguinator. I'd forgotten Ghosts can talk. >.>

Now, my kills.:smallamused:

The Puppetmaster:

Storyteller, storyteller. You know, someone actually picked up on that, but you guys never did figure out what it was.:smallamused:

Anyone remember the start of recruitment narration for D&D4E or Mutants?

I believe D&D had 'Let me tell you a story' in it. I used that clue because I'm one of the few narrators that constantly takes a 'storytelling' perspective on the WW game.

'I protect the town.' Anyone recall a fake baner claim by me? No? Yes? :smalltongue:

'It's you villagers that destroy it.' Reference to Superdark as the last man standing from the last iteration of Reverse WW.

'oddly estatic' ... Bland reference at Oddity.

The Puppetmaster:

Storyteller again, but this time my second clue was 'much of a challenge'. There's a few people that have played with me as a mason or wolf when I get slightly miffed at not much challenge in a game. See the Rebel QT for Matrix WW.

'Sour taste in his mouth' was intentionally obvious. But no-one saw the 'The [noun]'s at the beginning of each sentance. Referencing The Grimmace.

The Puppetmaster:

Storyteller again. And with 'B-but, you can't be!' we're referencing my win in Phantom again.

'Third eye' was at Usourselves&we, and 'unique' was once again aimed at Oddity.

Night 3 Kill:

Storyteller, but this time I'd actually put in something of an obvious clue.
'It's always here'. ... The Grimmace I'd expected to make that connection before too long, considering he takes advantage of my unfailing participation in anything WW to be able to vote before looking at the player list...

'Cross' was a Xanmyral reference, and once again 'third eye'.

There you have it. The Blood licking was a complete piece of fluff that I used to distract attention away from the clues. And the constant use of it's instead of its was merely an oddity, because it was fun. Also, using it as a pronoun was fun.:smallbiggrin:

I admit, though, in the end it was perhaps a little too easy. Though that WAS reduced somewhat by the fact that there was clues in every narration pointing towards you.

Also, the doggishness was completely accidental for the first two, the third one was quite intentional, to once again distract away from the real clues.

Xanmyral
2012-02-06, 10:55 PM
Well dang. I suspected Bladescape but didn't think anyone would go for it. Oh well. Fun game, although I participated in only the first and last days of it.