PDA

View Full Version : the Ancient language(3.5 D&D, WIP)

bobthe6th
2011-12-12, 08:06 PM
well this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224269&page=1) got me thinking.

so the idea.
first a feat.
Tap The Power. [Psionic]
you can access a pool of your own power.
benefit: you can now cast spells through the Ancient Language. each point of power used to power an affect deals 1 point of nonleathal damage. if you go below 3 times your hp in nonleathal damage this way, you die.
normal: you can not empower the Ancient Language .

now the complexity of the spell casting system...

to create an affect you must first calculate the cost of the effect, then discribe it with the Ancient Language, and then empower it with your will.

there are two ways to calculate the cost of an affect. the first is to select the parts of the effect from the table bellow. the other is reserved for unique effects, and is to consult with your DM.

(table to be added at a latter date, just going to make some simple building blocks)
heal 1 point of damage: 5 points
levitate object: 1 point per 5lb
shoot object(ie accelerate dealing 1d6 damage per 5 lb): 5 points per 5lb
heat object 10 degrees: 1 point
cool object 10 degrees:1 point
counter spell: 1 point per 2 points spent on the spell with knowledge of the spell or 10 points per 1 point spent on the spell
use effect at a distance: 1 point +1 point per previous addition of this affect to an affect.

describing an effect depends on its point cost. one word is required per 2 points - one word per point of wisdom modifier.

then the cost is paid and the effect takes effect.

so thoughts, additions?

Wyntonian
2011-12-12, 11:39 PM
I wouldn't call myself familiar with the inspiration for this, but I've been thinking about something like this for a while. I'll be curious to see where this goes.