PDA

View Full Version : Flailing Warrior [3.5 Class PEACH]

gooddragon1
2011-12-12, 11:12 PM
Flailing Warrior (http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Flailing_Warrior_%283.5e_Class%29#Flailing_Warrior )

A class that targets reflex saves with melee attacks instead of AC.

Not the Failing Warrior. That's a different class entirely.

Realms of Chaos
2011-12-13, 12:52 AM
I won't lie here. The fundamental concept behind this class (targetting Reflex in place of AC) is a unique and powerful ability. That said, the concept of giving a class a single interesting class feature that scales only incidentally is somewhat troublesome and limiting (flail mastery is nice but doesn't really do too much).

Analysis:
This is the perfect no-muss, no-fuss click-and-point combatant. If this is what you were after (and I would guess that it is), you have done perfectly well.

This class is not overpowered or terribly imbalanced, though I would say that it isn't quite made for "mass consumption" as relatively few players want a class so simplisting in play style.

Some additional Notes:

While I can perfectly understand the mental image in your head when you came up with this class (sweet mental image :smallamused:) but the mechanic you use for attack rolls need not be tied to that mental image. Imagine a lawful swordsman or archer whose attacks are so precise, for example, that only reflexes can be used to avoid them.

While savagely striking foes with a flailing flail works, the alignment restriction is uneeded and allowing for it to work with other weapons means that you aren't useless in a ranged encounter.

Also, you may want to consider making feats. Because you can't choose traditional combatant staples like combat expertise, power attack, or weapon focus, your character using this guy is going to need feats. Why not make feats specifically for the character using this thing so that you won't have to take things like skill focus with each slot?