PDA

View Full Version : [3.PF] Sixpence, the Plague Doctor Alchemist: Help Me Build Him

Mr. Zolrane
2011-12-13, 01:06 AM
Hey guys, I had a rather nice idea for a character concept this evening. Basically, I want to build an alchemist with a focus on killing his enemies with poison and disease. Aesthetically, I'm theming him around a medieval plague doctor. https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5wdflKd6cR9cLoc5-polNpI3LC4H4B66DHEACGUNDsmNkemPD

His name is Sixpence. One basic idea I had was having Monstrous Physique II or higher up at all times so I can remain in Dire Corby form all the time. It's mostly for the flavor, but the modest natural armor bonus is kind of nice and the leap attack is quite helpful indeed. Part of the idea is that his actual form will never be seen by the rest of the party, let alone his enemies. On the occasions he can't have Monstrous Physique up, he'll keep his plague doctor mask on at all times.

Beyond that, I don't have many ideas beyond using mutagens to buff my Dex and taking Weapon Finesse for obvious reasons.

The basics of what I want/need for Sixpence to be able to do and have is as follows:

Cheap, regular access to poisons and/or nasty diseases
A means of getting my Acro bonus high enough by mid-level to dependably succeed on the check for Leap.
A means of getting my poison/disease DCs high enough to dependably afflict enemies.
Some way to keep myself from being overly squishy. I will be melee after all.

Apart from that, I'd like some suggestions for race, feats, etc.