PDA

View Full Version : Exp bought system

Caliruth
2011-12-13, 01:34 PM
I have been tinkering with a new way to level up. where you spend your exp points on upgrades. More HD/SD (spell dice, or mana), PD (power dice), MR (magic rating, or caster level), and so forth. Where each time you upgrade it cost twice the listed amount. Most of my players like this, and i have it where you can buy from many different class feats. Like Lay on hands, is now called healing touch, and there are 5 ranks. Cure light touch, cure moderate touch, cure serious touch, cure critical touch, and Healing touch. Anyone else have a system like this as im still getting the kinks out. ill post some of the cost if anyone wants

Yitzi
2011-12-13, 03:24 PM
If each one costs twice as much as the last, then there's a big incentive to spread out your abilities, and MAD classes are far more effective. A better way is probably to make it so each one costs a fixed amount more than the last (so if the first costs 100xp and the second costs 200xp, then the third costs 300xp); that supports some spreading out without it being too extreme.

Pyromancer999
2011-12-13, 05:32 PM
Two systems that revolve around using XP to buy advancement:

-Buy the Numbers
-Complete Control

Already published and out there. Check them out and see if they fit your needs/wants.

Caliruth
2011-12-13, 08:58 PM
okay, thanks ^^