PDA

View Full Version : Complete Pathfinder: aka Use ALL THE THINGS! [3.5P]

alchemyprime
2011-12-13, 01:57 PM
Hello hello and welcome to Complete Pathfinder. What is Complete Pathfinder? The name is two fold. One, I hope to make something for the entire Pathfinder system akin to the Complete books of 3.5, which will detail out new stuff to use for your games. The other side of it is I want to complete the Pathfinder conversion of 3.5 stuff, or at least of all the stuff I have. Some things have already been done (most of the core rules), some have the flavor saved and did it better (Words of Power are trumping Truenamer, though we may make a wizard archetype to replace that class) and some things are still waiting for us to do.

Yes, us. Playground, I ask of you for help. This is a project of statuementous and monumentesque proportions, and I would value your critical input and creative output to make this thing. Sorry, I just saw The Muppets and Dr. Teeth may be stuc in my head with vermistleacity.

So I'm going to make a list here of proposed fixes and things that should be done, and as we finish them, we can link them to the fixes.

RACES
Some are already done here - they will be marked with RbR

Cephalid - RbR
Diabolus - RbR
Diospid - RbR
Lupin - RbR
Goliath
Raptoran
Thri-Kreen - RbR
Irda - RbR
Insectare - RbR
Other races folks mention?

CLASSES

Archivist - Why not an Archaeologist type class, based more on Divine stuff to his Lurk's psionic, Artificer's artifacts, and Factotum's arcane?
Ardent - I like the Ardent, and woul love to see a new class for him get made.
Artificer - Make a new class as one of a group of intellectual/archaeologist types.
Beguiler - Magus archetype
Binder - Updating the Vestiges, and making at least one new class for it.
Divine Mind - I didn't care for this one much, but if someone else wants to remake hi, maybe as an Ardent archetype, go for it.
Dragonfire Adept - See Warlock
Dread Necromancer - Easiest way is to give it Cantrips, replace Rebuke with Channel, and give it some new thing.
Duskblade - Magus archetype, maybe?
Erudite - Just a new Psion specialization or archetype. Not too hard to do.
Factotum - The skillmonkey and physical guy of the smart guy/archaeologist classes.
Favored Soul - I always liked the class, and I think we can make an overhaul of it to make it different from the Oracle.
Healer - I wouldn't mind finding a way to remake this as a Medic class. And giving him stuff to make the Fighter or Barbarian or some third thing into an Ubercharged Heavy.
Hexblade - Magus archetype
Incarnate/Soulbourne/Totemist - We will update Incarnum and all three classes, as well as two other classes, Soulthief (which I made) and Voidshaper, a class from my failed Incarnum Project, made by WotC board member copperwood.
Lurk - Folding the Psychic Rogue into him, and making an altogether less underpowered class. Maybe as a psionic archaelologist?
Marshal - Update and create a Warlord type class. I have folded the Warlord from Tome of Secrets and Marshal into a class that I think is a high Tier 3, as long as he has people to give his benefits to. I will post this shortly.
Mountebank - I always liked this class from Dragon Compendium. Let's make it work!
Mystic - If we can find a way to keep it from filling the same shoes as Oracle, Favored Soul, and Shaman, I'd love to make this one too.
Noble - A skillmoney/finesse combat class to be the diplomatic negotiator (or agressive negotiator) in a party.
Samurai - Make new Orders based off the CW Samurai and the OA Samurai clans (Crab, Crane, Dragon, Lion, Mantis, Phoenix, Scorpion, Unicorn) for Samurai to join.
Savant - Updated into the comboed spellcaster of the trifecta of smart guys/archaeologist classes.
Shadowcaster - Maybe make a new casting system and update it, or just make a wizard archetype.
Shaman - I liked the Spirit Shaman's idea, and the normal Shaman's level of cool stuff. Combine the two into an alternative, middle step between Oracle and Cleric, and fold in "Totem Powers" based on Totems. Dragon shaman is now Dragon Totem Shaman. Maybe a Bear Totem, a Spider Totem, a Wolf Totem, etc?
Sohei - I beleive this was made a monk archetype. I would not mind making it into an all Lawful Paladin variant as well.
Spellthief - I would not mind remaking this guy.
Swashbuckler - Make a new, updated class in the same vein as the one from Tome of Secrets.
Tome of Battle stuff - Make a variant spellcasting system akin to Words of Power that martial characters can enter with their own rates (Barbarian, Cavalier, Fighter, Gunslinger, Inquisitor, Monk, Ninja, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Samurai, Swashbuckler, Warlord). That way your Unarmed Swordsage is still a monk.
Warlock (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233911) - WIP, needs help.
Wu Jen - Wizard archetype connecting itself to the elemental schools presented in UM and APG. Or we can just say that those wizards already did it, and leave it at that...
Other classes as they are remembered.

Also, I would love for help trying to convert all the monsters (ALL OF THEM!), all the races that have not yet been, and all the templates (especially once I try to tackle that amazing book, the Advanced Bestiary from Green Ronin). Plus, any good homebrew is welcome to come jump in the pool too! I have always been a fan of the homebrew here (especially all the Martial Adept schools, those would be fun to update too).

Then have all of this work compiled into a big ole set of PDFs for folks to reference for fun, Who's with me?

Edit: 4/12/2012 - A little late for me to be posting these, probably, but another thread I did, Races By Request (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230979), has done so far the Diabolus, Diospid and Lupin from Dragon Compendium, the Insectare from Spelljammer, the Irda from Dragonlance, the Thri-Kreen from EPH/Dark Sun, and the Cephalids from Magic the Gathering. And I will still take requests for the races.

Also, I am officially going to try to bring back this thread by also linking to the Pathfinderized Warlock (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233911) I was working on. Now that I am done with the life stuffs that was in the way, I'M BACK BABY! And I will do my best to make sure that we can USE ALL THE THINGS! that we loved from previous, and maybe even concurrent, editions of the World's First Roleplaying Game, and make it so other Pathfinder fans can also use stuff with little to no hassle.

Prime32
2011-12-13, 02:45 PM
Gratuitous plugs! (http://pf-eberron.wikidot.com/)
It doesn't have many base class conversions, more races/feats/prcs, but some things exist in a different form - wandslinger is artificer-esque for instance.

Also, PF bard already has an archivist archetype. I'd make Divine Mind a paladin archetype rather than anything.

Ilorin Lorati
2011-12-13, 04:24 PM
There's a pretty complete Incarnum conversion over on the ENWorld forums for you to take inspiration from: http://www.enworld.org/forum/pathfinder-rpg-discussion/294165-incarnum-pathfinder.html

Viktyr Gehrig
2011-12-13, 06:10 PM
Ardent - I like the Ardent, and woul love to see a new class for him get made.
Divine Mind - I didn't care for this one much, but if someone else wants to remake hi, maybe as an Ardent archetype, go for it.

If you gave the Ardent all of the Divine Mind's aura class features, you'd have most of the class done already. You'd just need to find a suitable capstone ability.

Beguiler - Magus archetype

Beguilers are full spontaneous spellcasters with high skill points and no appreciable combat abilities. Magus isn't even a close match. I've seen them developed as a Sorcerer bloodline/archetype on the Paizo forums (http://paizo.com/forums/dmtz1scs?My-own-pathfinderized-beguiler#13).

Dread Necromancer - Perhaps a new Magus archetype or a variant Magus (similar to the Samurai is to the Knight?)

Again, a full spontaneous caster. An Undead bloodline Sorcerer is practically a Dread Necromancer already.

Duskblade - Magus archetype

This looks like it would work. Wouldn't be much more than switching them from a prepared caster to a spontaneous caster.

Healer - I wouldn't mind finding a way to remake this as a Medic class.[/list]

Sounds like a cross between the Merciful Healer (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/archetypes/paizo---cleric-archetypes/merciful-healer) and the Hospitaler (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/paladin/archetypes/paizo---paladin-archetypes/hospitaler). Maybe with a little bit of Life Oracle.

Spontaneous, Wisdom-based full divine caster, poor BAB-- with Channel Positive Energy as a Cleric, Lay on Hands and Mercies as a Paladin, with the Healer's Healing Hands class ability and the Life Oracle's Enhanced Cures revelation? Only problem is that you'd have to be able to do something other than heal-- otherwise, it'd be a really boring class.

Maybe give it summon nature's ally and [good]-only summon monster spells on its list?

Hexblade - Magus archetype

Paizo already beat you to it (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/archetypes/paizo---magus-archetypes/hexcrafter).

Lurk - Folding the Psychic Rogue into him, and making an altogether less underpowered class.

Start with Psychic Warrior. Replace weapon/armor proficiencies with Rogue's. Use Int for manifesting ability and the Psychic Rogue power list. 6 + skill points/level. Trade bonus feat at 1st for Trapfinding, and starting at 2nd level get +1d6 Sneak Attack for every bonus feat. Then give them "Lurk Augments" like the Lurk's, except include a smattering of Rogue Talents and Soulknife Bladeskills with them.

Marshal - Update and create a Warlord type class.
Noble - A skillmoney/finesse combat class to be the diplomatic negotiator (or agressive negotiator) in a party.

I'd say just take whatever you were planning on doing for the Marshal and Noble and just straight up add them to the Cavalier, either as bonuses or as options. Cavalier is a weak, weak class that doesn't really have its own niche to speak of; giving it the ability to boost allies and work some social-fu might make it playable.

Tome of Battle stuff - Make a variant spellcasting system akin to Words of Power that martial characters can enter with their own rates (Barbarian, Cavalier, Fighter, Gunslinger, Inquisitor, Monk, Ninja, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Samurai, Swashbuckler, Warlord). That way your Unarmed Swordsage is still a monk.

I like this idea a lot.

BelGareth
2011-12-13, 11:50 PM
The list of classes you have is chock full of classes that DO NOT need updating, like the binder, warlock and Tome of Battle to name a few.

And I have done my own Pathfinder Incarnum (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12007741#post12007741) which has been quite well received.

devlingreye
2011-12-14, 02:20 AM
There is a project for a new pathfinder ToB called the Librem of Battle. It's being built as a new from the ground up for pathfinder. check it out at sorcererstudios.com .

peacenlove
2011-12-16, 01:31 AM
The pathfinder shadowcaster is in my sig along with new material and can be used together with the Descent of shadows project, along with a PDF (with the newest updates) given by request in this site. I also believe he is now in the T2 territory. As always any comments/suggestions are welcome.

alchemyprime
2012-04-12, 01:59 PM
Now, last I checked, I didn't need to ask a mod if it's the Homebrew threads, so I am here to first announce, as I have above: I'm BACK BABY!

Now, I am here to first say that after I get off work tonight, or at the latest tommorrow, I will be posting the WARLORD to this very thread, the culmination of my scratching my head over both the Tome of Secrets Warlord and the Miniature's Handbook Marshal, to make a NEW Marshal! And he's better! Because he's got blackjack! And class features! And so many Temp Hit Points to hand out!

So there is that.

Also, I am still taking requests on what races or classes to tackle, and would love for people to try tackling some themselves! I've linked to Races By Request up above, my thread where I was making races, and would be happy to start doing those again, and to the Warlock I doodled up, and I'll be more than happy for people to come up with Pact ideas. Let Complete Pathfinder RETURN! TO THE WORLD OF TOMORROW!

alchemyprime
2012-04-13, 12:48 AM
WARLORD
Alignment: Any.
Hit Die: d10.
The warlords class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Acrobatics (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Diplomacy (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (engineering) (Int), Knowledge (history) (Int), Perception (Wis), Ride (Dex), Stealth (Dex) and Survival (Wis)

Skill Points per Level: 4 + Int modifier.

All of the following are class features of the knight.
Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Presence Auras|Leader Auras
1st |+1|+2|+0|+2|Combat Leader +1, Commanding Presence +1, Inspiration 1d6|1|-
2nd |+2|+3|+0|+3|Bonus Feat, Hold the Line, Inspire Teamwork|1|1
3rd|+3|+3|+1|+3|Inspiration 2d6, Inspiration 4/day|2|1
4th|+4|+4|+1|+4|Bonus Feat, Combat Leader +2, Inspire Movement|2|1
5th|+5|+4|+1|+4|Inspiration 3d6, Rallying Presence|3|2
6th|+6/+1|+5|+2|+5|Inspiration 5/day|3|2
7th|+7/+2|+5|+2|+5|Commanding Presence +2, Inspiration 4d6|4|2
8th|+8/+3|+6|+2|+6|Bonus Feat, Combat Leader +3|4|2
9th|+9/+4|+6|+3|+6|Inspiration 5d6, Inspire Combat, Inspiration 6/day|5|3
10th|+10/+5|+7|+3|+7|Cry Havoc!|5|3
11th|+11/+6/+1|+7|+3|+7|Inspiration 6d6, Rallying Presence +2|5|3
12th|+12/+7/+2|+8|+4|+8|Bonus Feat, Combat Leader +4, Inspiration 7/day|6|3
13th|+13/+8/+3|+8|+4|+8| Inspiration 7d6|6|4
14th|+14/+9/+4|+9|+4|+9|Commanding Presence +3|6|4
15th|+15/+10/+5|+9|+5|+9|Inspiration 8d6, Inspiration 8/day, Rallying Presence +3|7|4
16th|+16/+11/+6/+1|+10|+5|+10|Bonus Feat, Combat Leader +5|7|4
17th|+17/+12/+7/+2|+10|+5|+10|Inspiration 9d6|7|5
18th|+18/+13/+8/+3|+11|+6|+11|Inspiration 9/day|8|5
19th|+19/+14/+9/+4|+11|+6|+11|Inspiration 10d6|8|5
20th|+20/+15/+10/+5|+12|+6|+12|Combat Leader +6, Onward to Victory!|8|5

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A warlord is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, with all armor, and with shields, including Tower Sheilds.
Combat Leader: At 1st level, the warlord begins to demonstrate the brilliance of their battlefield leadership. The warlord and all allies within 10 ft per point of his Charisma bonus + half his class level gain a +1 bonus to initiative. This bonus increases to +2 at 4th level, +3 at 8th level, +4 at 12th level , +5 at 16th level and +6 at 20th level.
Also, starting at 2nd level, you can add on one Leader Aura onto Combat Leader. Anyone within the range of Combat Leader gets both benefits of the aura (the Initiative bonus and the Aura bonus). A warlord can only have one Leader Aura active at a time. To change to another aura known is a Swift action.

Alert Troops – Subjects gain a bonus to Perception.
Careful Fighting – Subjects gain a bonus to Armor Class.
Diplomatic Negotiations – Subjects gain a bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy and Intimidate.
Fiendish Tactics – Subjects gain resistance to fire and acid equal to your Combat Leader bonus times 5.
Lead the Charge – Every ally within your aura gains an aura bonus to their base land speed equal to 5 feet per point of Combat Leader bonus you have.
Tap the Shadows – Every subject gains Resistance to Cold and Electricity equal to the bonus times 5.
Resiliency – Every ally within your aura gains your Combat Leader bonus on saving throws.
Stalwart Soldier – Every ally within the range gains DR/- equal to your Combat Leader bonus.
Warrior of Light – Subjects gain resistance to cold and acid equal to the Combat Leader bonus times 5.

Commanding Presence: The mere appearance of a warlord upon the field of battle has a positive impact among his allies. All allies that can see the warlord gains the benefit of the bonus to what their chosen presence is, as well as to attacks and damage. The bonus is a +1 to the proper area, then extends to a +2 at 7th level and +3 at 14th level. To change the secondary effect to another known Presence Aura is a Swift action.

Accurate Strike – Add the bonus twice when confirming a critical hit.
Art of War – Add the bonus twice to CMB rolls.
Charismatic – bonus on Charisma checks and interaction based Charisma based skill checks.
Determined Casting – Add the bonus to spellcaster checks to overcome spell resistance.
Improvising Items – Add the bonus to Use Magic Device and Use Psionic Device checks.
Opportunist – Add the bonus to AC against Attacks of Opportunity.
Over the Top – Add the bonus to damage again when charging.
Quick – Add the bonus to Dexterity checks and Dexterity based skill checks.
Smart – Add the bonus to Intelligence checks, and Intelligence based skill checks.
Strong – Add the bonus to Strength checks and Strength based Skill checks.
Tactician – Add the bonus twice when flanking.
Tough – Add the bonus to Constitution checks.
Wise – Add the bonus to Wisdom checks and Wisdom-based skill checks.

Inspiration: During battle, the warlord exhorts his comrades with words of courage and determination. This inspiration affects all allies within a 30-foot radius centered on the warlord, and bestows 1d6 temporary hit points, plus 1d6 additional points for every two warlord levels beyond 1st (2d6 at 3rd, 3d6 at 5th, and so on).
These temporary hit points last until the battle ends, or until they are removed through damage.
A warlord may inspire a number of times per day equal to 3+ his Charisma modifer. This is a standard action and does not provoke an attack of opportunity. The warlord can choose whether or not to include himself in this effect. At third level and every three levels thereafter, a warlord gains an additional use of this ability.
At 2nd level, you can spend a use of Inspiration to grant an ally within 30 feet the use of a Teamwork feat you have, even if they do not qualify for it. They have the feat to use for one minute or until the end of the battle, whichever comes first.
At 4th level, you can spend a use of Inspiration to grant another character an extra move action. They must use this move action on their turn, and within the next minute, or it is lost.
At 9th level, you can spend two uses of Inspiration to grant another character a standard action as if you had granted them a move action.
Hold the Line: At 3rd level, the warlord gains the ability to bolster a defensive line. When forming a defensive line (fighting defensively and standing adjacent to one another), the warlord and all allies gain a +2 competence bonus to AC.
Bonus Feat: At 2nd, 4th, 8th 12th and 16th level, the warlord may take a bonus feat from the following list, or any Combat or Teamwork feat. The warlord must meet any prerequisites when taking a feat. For feats that require a fighter level, warlords have an effective fighter level equal to their warlord level -2.
Animal Affinity, Diehard, Endurance, Exotic Armor Proficiency, Improved Initiative, Intimidating Prowess, Leadership, Mounted combat, Weapon Group Proficiency.
Rallying Presence: At 5th level the warlord gains the ability to rally others, identical to the knight’s ability of the same name. The warlord and all allies within 10 ft per point of her Charisma bonus (minimum 10ft) gain a +1 morale bonus on saves against fear spells and effects. This bonus increases to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 15th level.
Cry Havoc! At 10th level, the warlord may direct their allies to attack a specific target, overwhelming the enemy. The warlord designates a particular target, and until the end of the warlord’s next turn, any attack roll against that target can now score a critical hit as if their range was two steps higher (so a 20 becomes 18-20, an 18-20 is not a 16-20), and receive a +4 bonus to confirm the results of a critical hit.
This uses up an inspiration use.
Onward to Victory! At 20th level, the warlord may exhort their allies to glory. Until the end of warlord’s next turn, the warlord and all allies within 10 ft per point of point of his Charisma bonus + half his class level may follow up a standard action with an attack made as a free action. This ability may be used once per day.