PDA

View Full Version : [3.p] Natively swift action spells?

deuxhero
2011-12-13, 02:49 PM
That is spells that are swift action without metamagic.

Off the top of my head, Blades of Fire (not sure on this one), Swift Fly and Swift Haste.

Aegis013
2011-12-13, 02:56 PM
Accelerated Movement
Aiming at the Target (immediate)
Allegro
Arrow Mind (immediate)
Arrow Storm
Assay Spell Resistance
Aura of Glory
Avoid Planar Effects (immediate)

There's the A's from Spell Compendium that are Swift action, also I seem to recall Wraithstrike being swift.

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-13, 03:12 PM
Are you requesting a comprehensive list? Well, okay...

accelerated movement, allegro, arrow storm, assay spell resistance, aura of glory, blade storm, blade thirst, bladeweave, swift bless weapon, blood wind, breath flare, breath weapon admixture, breath weapon substitution, critical strike, cursed blade, daggerspell stance, dawn, deafening clang, dispelling breath, distract assailant, enervating breath, entangling staff, ethereal breath, extracting shot, swift expeditious retreat, swift fly, focusing chant, forcewave, giant's wrath, golem strike, grace, grave strike, guided shot, swift haste, herald's call, holy spurs, incite, insightful feint, inspirational boost, instant locksmith, instant search, swift invisibility, knight's move, lightfoot, lion's charge, master's touch, nature's avatar, nature's favor, quick march, rebuking breath, rhino's rush, shock and awe, sniper's shot, spectral weapon, spell enhancer, stabilize, strategic charge, strength of stone, stunning breath, synostodweomer, tiger's tooth, towering oak, updraft, war cry, wraithstrike, zeal

Those are all the spells with a casting time of swift action listed in the Spell Compendium. I predict somewhat of a swordsage here.

Person_Man
2011-12-13, 03:20 PM
In addition to those above, core half casters (Paladin, Ranger, Blackguard, Assassin) tend to have a bunch of Swift Action spells littered throughout the splat books. The Chameleon can cast spells from any list, and is thus a great option for ECL 7-14ish builds that wants to use them.

FMArthur
2011-12-13, 03:33 PM
This is somewhat outside the topic's criteria but I feel like the Battle Blessing feat should be mentioned because it makes all Paladin spells with a Standard Action cast time into Swift Action spells.

A_S
2011-12-13, 03:44 PM
Greater Mirror Image (PHB2 I think) and Wings of Cover (Dragon Magic) are both immediate actions and haven't been mentioned yet. You've got most of them now, though.

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-13, 03:45 PM
Ah, but what about the only Core immediate action spell, feather fall? :smallcool:

deuxhero
2011-12-13, 04:38 PM
Thanks everyone!