PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill Downpour

TechnOkami
2011-12-13, 09:43 PM
So, recently while roaming the internet, I thought of Videogames I'd forgotten about which would eventually come, and I decided to youtube them. Amidst the slew of videogames which came to my mind, a particular game with a particular trailer gathered most of my attention.

Silent Hill Downpour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkuVJZ5Rk0Y

Before this trailer, I was only passively interested in the game. From what I had read about it in several video game magazines I subscribe to, it sounded like a spinoff of Frozen Memories, which in and of itself was an interesting game, but fell off once it became repetitive.

Never before have I been this interested in a game, as well as a song from Korn. I don't particularly like Korn, though I do like a very select few of their songs. But this trailer, with this new song from Korn specially tailored to Silent Hill... I just want this game all the more.

Silent Hill Returns in May.

Who else is interested?

TechnOkami
2011-12-15, 06:07 AM
...anyone? q-q

psilontech
2011-12-15, 07:19 AM
Silent Hill Maximum Security Penitentiary - The most horrible place in existence this side of Hell Dimension 7362.

TechnOkami
2011-12-18, 02:53 PM
Alright, let me ask a different question: who here besides me (and you up above) likes Silent Hill?

Starwulf
2011-12-18, 04:55 PM
Alright, let me ask a different question: who here besides me (and you up above) likes Silent Hill?

I enjoy Silent Hill. I remember the GI issue where they had a multi-page spread on Downpour, it definitely looked quite interesting. I don't even remember what system it's coming out for though.

TechnOkami
2011-12-18, 06:22 PM
I enjoy Silent Hill. I remember the GI issue where they had a multi-page spread on Downpour, it definitely looked quite interesting. I don't even remember what system it's coming out for though.

It's going to be appearing on the PS3 and the XBox 360.

I think I remember that spread. Even then it didn't sound too interesting, 'til I saw the video. Now I'm just giddy. :smallbiggrin:

Starwulf
2011-12-18, 06:51 PM
It's going to be appearing on the PS3 and the XBox 360.

I think I remember that spread. Even then it didn't sound too interesting, 'til I saw the video. Now I'm just giddy. :smallbiggrin:

Sigh, wish I could watch videos online >< *grumbles about dial-up* Nice to hear it's going to be on both, though I was kind of hoping it might be on PSP as well(I have a thing for my PSP, love it so much, hehe). What was so awesome about the video anyways? Think you could describe it?

Penguinizer
2011-12-18, 07:10 PM
It's pretty much disjointed scenes from various parts of the game. Some show the main character in prison, some on a prison transport, a bus crash and him in various locales.

TechnOkami
2011-12-18, 08:07 PM
Sigh, wish I could watch videos online >< *grumbles about dial-up* Nice to hear it's going to be on both, though I was kind of hoping it might be on PSP as well(I have a thing for my PSP, love it so much, hehe). What was so awesome about the video anyways? Think you could describe it?

Ooh, how to describe it in a nutshell... what a challenge... well, it shows the various monsters which shall be appearing in the game (screaming monsters, angry inmates, the "Hammer Man", Downpour's Pyramid Head equivalent). It shows him (Murphy) interacting with characters in various different points in the game. It shows the otherworld, which is a twisting and bending of various different rooms together, a lot of water effects and how the otherworld will seemingly take over reality as it likes to do.

The otherworld is less fleshy and more like a prison complex of metal and water. The fog equivalent is the rain, hence Downpour.

An important part of the video is actually the music, because Korn made a song especially for Silent Hill Downpour. Now, I'll be frank, I only like a few, and a very very select few of Korn's songs, and most of their stuff I just legitimately dislike. But, I really like this song they've made for the song.

PS: the graphics for the game aren't perfect, which is good, because it still gives off a feel of grittyness and very slight rigid and blockyness, which seems to give the game more body imo.