PDA

View Full Version : One of the spells which must not be named; looking for resources on alter self

Madara
2011-12-13, 10:22 PM
So, as those of you who have seen some of my posts know, my character creation style involves taking a concept and rebuilding each part of it until it is something new.
In the most recent case, my cleric/master of shrouds (after 8 changes) has become an Archevist/Walker in the Waste.

Because the Archevist gets access to almost every spell, I was looking through finding things that would be useful as low-level spells. Alter Self, the demon of its evil family of polymorph spells caused me to wonder about good forms of undead to alter self into. Part of me is wondering about becoming a slay mate!! So, I ask the playground, has anyone researched alter self undead?

I am also curious about how the sage once posted regarding someone turning into a large wolverine(instead of the normal one), that you can only turn into monsters directly spoken about in a book(rather than an advanced form of one). How does this work for undead? Can I still become a Zombie that wasn't a stupid human?