PDA

View Full Version : Thug class variant on other classes?

Sir_Chivalry
2011-12-14, 01:35 AM
Would it be fair to allow the thug variant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#fighterVariantThug)for other classes that have the proficiencies and such? Thug paladins, Thug crusaders, etc.?

The only snag really is that it also costs the 1st level bonus feat. Any ways around that?

Flickerdart
2011-12-14, 03:20 AM
Thug wouldn't break anything on any other similar chassis, and if you really want to take a feat away, then there's the feat everybody gets at 1st level.

dextercorvia
2011-12-14, 10:43 AM
What exactly would a Thug Paladin be like?

And, to be fair to the fighter, you would have to replace all of their 1st level class features.

Flickerdart
2011-12-14, 11:08 AM
What exactly would a Thug Paladin be like?
Batman. :smalltongue:

Geigan
2011-12-14, 11:35 AM
If you have an all thug variant party of PCs do they get perform(gangsign) as a class skill?

Psyren
2011-12-14, 11:43 AM
Batman. :smalltongue:

Hurr hurr.

@OP: It's pretty weak, and would actually downgrade a Ranger imo.

...Thug Soulborn?

Geigan
2011-12-14, 11:53 AM
...Thug Soulborn?

"You know normally I'd let a slight go, but you insulted my principles. So now I gotta mess you up on general principle."

I'm not sure if that works for them, incarnates, both, or neither.

Sir_Chivalry
2011-12-14, 04:20 PM
To be clearer, I meant that it would provide the class skills and add 2 more skills to the skills list. Would that be fair? Or is the new class skills enough?

dextercorvia
2011-12-14, 09:31 PM
Well, one skill point per level is already an exalted feat. 2 per level is maybe not overpowered, but it really depends on what they get used for. Gaining class skills is priced erratically within canon.

You wouldn't hurt anything by letting any mundane class have 2 extra skill points and their choice of two class skills.