PDA

View Full Version : Cleric of Lolth

bluthunda
2011-12-14, 05:48 PM
Alright I'm making a third level 11 character for an evil campaign the other two are an Alienist and a Dread Necromancer so I'm thinking some Divine Magic would be good I was thinking taking 7 levels of Cleric and 4 levels of Divine Disiple with a neutral evil alignment. Is there a better prestige class route also using the extra turning/divine meta magic/persistent spell feat route Probably human race and scores are 18 16 14 12 11 11 planning for a spell caster not a melee class

DoctorGlock
2011-12-14, 05:59 PM
There are many better prestige routes, what are you trying to accomplish? Are you going healer? Buffer? Blaster? Controller? Clerics can do almost anything but it helps to have a clear idea of where you are going. If you aint going melee why not use cloistered cleric? I'd look into divine oracle and malconvoker. Minionamancy and divination are always good.

bluthunda
2011-12-14, 06:17 PM
I see the cloistered cleric variant now I will be switching to that I plan on supporting the other two spell casters but also doing damage when I can any other prestige class suggestions. I'm looking for a full caster prestige class and I don't wanna multi class too many times like one prestige class on top of the cloistered cleric would be nice just looking for some nice benefits to add to the class

bluthunda
2011-12-14, 07:42 PM
I don't know If it makes a difference but the cleric will be neutral evil not chaotic evil but I'm really just looking for a fun prestige class to add to the cloistered cleric doesn't matter what levels where the ECL is level 11 I'm open to other races with an LA +2 or less if you can make a good case as to why using it and loosing the caster levels .

bluthunda
2011-12-14, 11:07 PM
shameless bump :smallfrown:

DoctorGlock
2011-12-15, 03:29 AM
There is never a good reason to grab alot of LA on a caster unless you use buy off, and even then it better be something better than a drow (saint, lesser fey'ri (technically LA 0), half fey)

The issue is that most strong full caster PrCs for cleric have good requirements or specific deity requirements. Clerics can deal direct damage but usually through melee or archery, without metamagic damage spells are horribly sub par. Cleric otherwise deal damage by turning the party melee into a flying sherman tank dropping nukes.

A one level dip in prestige paladin (of tyranny) will qualify you for battle blessing which makes you into a caster on crack.

A cleric caster focuses on battlefield control, dead animation, summoning, casting. Sure, you can dart in to deliver a harm here and there but it's far less than the beatstick is doing.

bluthunda
2011-12-15, 04:36 PM
Damage is more of a last thought support to the alienist and dread Necromancer is really my main focus. Also I'm looking for caster PrC's with the other two casters there's really no reason to go into melee since one has psudonatural creatures and thier beck and call and the other and undead army

DoctorGlock
2011-12-16, 03:53 PM
Damage is more of a last thought support to the alienist and dread Necromancer is really my main focus. Also I'm looking for caster PrC's with the other two casters there's really no reason to go into melee since one has psudonatural creatures and thier beck and call and the other and undead army

Best thing to help the others is to grab southern magician to cast as arcane and then go war weaver. Share all self and touch buffs with all allies with a single casting? Sounds good to me. Otherwise the cleric list is already made for that and nothing is needed to turn into an ally buffing machine.