PDA

View Full Version : Buffimancer /Shaper of From Help

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-12-14, 09:07 PM
I'm looking to join a party that has everything. Though I struggled for a while to find a good character, now I'm thinking of playing a super-buffer, who just makes the party better at everything they do.

I would still like it to work with my original Artificer/Shaper of Form. The plan had been to have an Artificer with pet homonculi (& other constructs at higher levels if possible) who goes Shaper of Form.

So, how can I turn an Artificer into a buffing machine (I know if can be done, but I don't know how)?

What can Shaper of Form do to help (I'm dead set on taking it, so I might as well find some way to use it)?

If I should multi-class, what should I multi-class with and for how much? To what gain?

Thanks.

Alienist
2011-12-15, 09:01 AM
Artificer is all about making magic items.
Shaper of forms is all about changing yourself, and other objects.

The obvious thing that occurs to me is Warforged Artificer (i.e. Transformer), though strictly for optimisation of the polymorph you should try for other base types such as outsiders?

For all your shape shifting needs, have you considered a Druid buffer instead of Artificer?

Perhaps it is a failure of imagination on my part, but I cannot imagine the ability to turn scimitars into longswords is going to be useful very often, or flaming +1 longswords into flaming +1 warhammers.

What sort of things do you want to do with the Shaper of Forms PrC?