PDA

View Full Version : Need Help building Roronora Zoro

Akto
2011-12-15, 07:11 AM
Greetings playground

I am the DM of a campaign, where i want the party to meet a guy resembling Roronora Zoro (http://alempijevic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Zoro.png) from Onepiece, he will be part of a party consisting of characters build over persons from some other webcomics. Problem is i''m having some trouble especially with the whole fighting with a sword in his mouth, can i simply take multi attack and then that would cover it?

Other then that as he is a very strongwilled, so if anyone can recommend a martial class with a good will save it would be much appriciated.

For feats so far i've thought of Ex. weapon: katana and oversized twf to match the fluff

Morph Bark
2011-12-15, 07:27 AM
Will refluffing do it for you? There is a weapon (in a Dragon magazine I think) that grants you an extra attack on a full attack at BAB-5, but it is basically a dagger attached to the end of your ponytail/braid. Could be refluffed to be held in the mouth instead. Alternatively, Fist of the Forest has Feral Trance, which grants a bite attack and +4 Dex for 3+Con mod rounds. Could be refluffed to "putting a sword in your mouth" rather than simply activating the ability. The latter is a bit of a stretch, maybe.

Of course, you can always ask your DM to allow you to wield a sword in your mouth and get Multi-Weapon Fighting. And if he doesn't, ask him if you can still wield a sword in your mouth and just use it for normal iteratives (thus not netting you any penalties). Would be handy if you enhance each blade with different enhancements and materials for getting through different kinds of BAB.

EDIT: Read over you being the DM here. In that case, allow yourself to? :smalltongue: (I know some DMs don't like to houserule/homebrew for NPCs only, which I usually try to avoid with humanoid encounters as well.)

Pilo
2011-12-15, 08:09 AM
Urban Ranger(UA)3/Survivor(SS)5/...

Kyuu Himura
2011-12-15, 09:01 AM
Warblade focusing on Diamond Mind and Tiger Claw??

Once you get Time Stands Still and Raging mongoose you get Asura Ichibugin

Akto
2011-12-15, 09:16 AM
EDIT: Read over you being the DM here. In that case, allow yourself to? :smalltongue: (I know some DMs don't like to houserule/homebrew for NPCs only, which I usually try to avoid with humanoid encounters as well.)

Have the same thing here, don't like cooking up homebrew for an NPC, so if there is a "legal" way of doing it, would help a lot :smallsmile:

Warblade focusing on Diamond Mind and Tiger Claw??

Once you get Time Stands Still and Raging mongoose you get Asura Ichibugin

Well forgot i was hoping to introduce him at around lvl 10 and does are pretty high lvl manuevers aren't they (only quickly googled them, afb atm.)

Morph Bark
2011-12-15, 09:44 AM
Time Stands Still is a level 9 maneuver. Raging Mongoose is, IIRC, 6 or 7.

White Raven Tactics could be used as a low-level version of Time Stands Still though. :smallwink:

Wings of Peace
2011-12-15, 09:48 AM
I don't think D&D supports wielding weapons in your mouth since all the rules are structured around weapons needing to be wielding with limbs which your head slot is not. As others have proposed refluffing a Braid Blade is probably your best bet.

Akto
2011-12-15, 12:59 PM
Well thanks for the help all, looks like i might have to introduce him at a higher lvl then first anticipated, but that might not be so bad...
Also seems i have to homebrew some kind of speciel feat or racial subtype that is able to wield a sword in the mouth, luckily it is a forgotten realms setting so the reason: "A wizard did it" is always valid ;)

Dusk Eclipse
2011-12-15, 01:09 PM
Get him a bite attack (Catalogues of Enlightened keyed to Hunger domain from SPC) and give him a mouthpick weapon enhancemnt (from Lords of Madness) and voila you can wield a sword in your mouth :smalltongue:

Still need to houserule that he can use multi-weapon fighting.

JadePhoenix
2011-12-15, 02:05 PM
Zoro is a Warblade, that much is clear.

Akto
2011-12-15, 02:46 PM
Zoro is a Warblade, that much is clear.

Could also be fluffed as a Swordsage, fightning without armor depending more on his wits, stamina and anticipation where attacks are about to hit him

Waker
2011-12-15, 02:49 PM
As Dusk Eclipse said, the Mouthpick special quality is what you need for holding a sword in your mouth. You could either play as a race with a natural bite attack, or gain a bite attack from the Hunger Domain, Willing Deformity (Teeth) or a few other places such as the aforementioned Fist of the Forest.
The Multi-weapon fighting will have to be houseruled, since it requires more than two hands.

Campbellk8105
2011-12-15, 07:45 PM
I'd say using the mouthpick and two swords should work with multiweapon fighting. At least, that's what I'd rule if I were DM.

Suppose it works. How would you go about figuring out the extra attacks since you're using three weapons now? Since mouthpick says if you have a high enough BAB you can just as easily get more attacks with it.

Nevermind, they'd be considered off-hand attacks as normal.