PDA

View Full Version : Help me buy a vacuum cleaner

Bayar
2011-12-15, 11:22 AM
A bagless one that does not use water preferably. There are so many models and I cannot figure out which are the best.

The Succubus
2011-12-15, 11:28 AM
Roomba! Vaccuum cleaner and adorable pet in one!

Brother Oni
2011-12-15, 11:33 AM
Unless you list where you are, it's going to be hard to give you suggestions that are available in your territory.

I like Numatic (http://www.numatic.co.uk/) cleaners myself (my parents have a Henry and I've got an industrial Charles), but none of them are bagless.

thubby
2011-12-15, 12:09 PM
there are really only 3 questions that matter. how small does it have to be (where are you storing it)? how much are you willing to spend? and does it work?

i have a bissel helix and it works fine. its a little big (its dressed up in a plastic shell), but not really heavy, and there's no place to easily grip it to carry it up and down stairs.

everyone i've heard from that had a roomba hated it. general complaints include: getting stuck on random stuff that isn't a hard surface (boxes, backpacks, etc.)
getting stuck in carpeting that isn't super dense.
lack of power

mind you, most of these people are pet owners/have families, so a single person might not over burden a roomba.

factotum
2011-12-15, 05:13 PM
Depends how much money you have. Dyson cleaners are extremely expensive, but also extremely good--they're one of the few instances where you really *do* get what you pay for!

Archonic Energy
2011-12-15, 05:20 PM
if i may suggest:

get one that sucks. :smallamused: