PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Wild Shape question

Blyte
2011-12-15, 11:25 AM
Do all worn magic items cease to function when you wild shape?

also, do magic items in PF scale to size? for instance, can a medium and a large creature both wear a belt of giant strength? or must they be appropriately sized for the item?

I assume weapons and armor must be sized, but what about wonderous items in particular?

gomanfox
2011-12-15, 11:55 AM
When you cast a polymorph spell that changes you into a creature of the animal, dragon, elemental, magical beast, plant, or vermin type, all of your gear melds into your body. Items that provide constant bonuses and do not need to be activated continue to function while melded in this way (with the exception of armor and shield bonuses, which cease to function). Items that require activation cannot be used while you maintain that form.

From the description of polymorph spells (since Wild Shape is treated like the Beast Shape spell, with a few exceptions).

So your Belt of Giant Strength would still work while Wild Shaped, but you could not use the abilities on a Ring of Chameleon Power since they require actions to activate.

I don't remember reading anything about worn Wonderous Items having a size, so I think they magically change to the wearer's size.

Zherog
2011-12-15, 11:58 AM
On the second part of the question:

Size and Magic Items

When an article of magic clothing or jewelry is discovered, most of the time size shouldn't be an issue. Many magic garments are made to be easily adjustable, or they adjust themselves magically to the wearer. Size should not keep characters of various kinds from using magic items.

There may be rare exceptions, especially with race-specific items.

Armor and Weapon Sizes: Armor and weapons that are found at random have a 30% chance of being Small (01–30), a 60% chance of being Medium (31–90), and a 10% chance of being any other size (91–100).

Blyte
2011-12-15, 01:35 PM
Thanks a bunch dudes.