*waves sign wanting a Warden Sword*

It takes up two enchantment slots!

Major
2012-12-21, 03:42 PM
It takes up two enchantment slots!

I wanted one but it didn't fit the time frame :(

Starbin
2012-12-26, 11:19 AM
Hope y'all are having a happy holiday season. As you can see from my signature, I'm going to be in a black hole of no wireless at my in-laws with minimal posting capability until 7 Jan. But for the next two days, I'm good :smallbiggrin:

Again, glad this game has withstood the test of time ... over a year of posting!

Frosty
2013-02-21, 12:12 AM
Waiting for people to post :smallsmile:

Starbin
2013-03-01, 10:39 PM
Deceit - [roll0]

Although I would say that Grim is actually telling the truth ... since there's another Warden out there.

Frosty
2013-03-01, 10:46 PM
Well, you guys hadn't exactly set this up as a trap, but your statement is the least difficult to pull off, where as Brando's claim to be a rich man who wants to give money...will have some penalties.

Starbin
2013-03-05, 01:05 AM
With +5 Awareness and Supernatural Speed, I think Grim would have initiative w/in our group ... and hopefully the whole bunch!

Frosty
2013-03-25, 07:49 AM
Waiting for Grim to roll his defense roll, then it's Brando's turn. The other ghoul seems to have lost control of itself and is not attacking currently.

Starbin
2013-03-25, 02:05 PM
My bad! Fists +4: [roll0]

Also, I think my current consequence is Minor (Bruised Hand)

WOOT! Above average!

Frosty
2013-04-02, 08:03 AM
Starbin, waiting on your decision in the IC thread. You caused a Consequence earlier on the ghoul so you get to tag it once for free. OR, you can pass the tag to Brando so he gets to use it NOW to put even MORE hurt on the ghoul, forcing it to take a second consequence. Come on, let's end this fight.

Starbin
2013-04-02, 09:09 AM
I'm sorry ... didn't catch that I was the weak link again! Of course Brando can use the tag! For the record, if ever there's a free tag to use in order to hurt/maim/kill the bad guy, Grim is all for letting that happen. The only time I think it might be problematic is if the tag is "slow as molasses" and he's thinking about running ... then he might keep it for himself to get away :smallbiggrin:

DukeGod
2013-04-05, 04:48 PM
Huh, didn't know you could compel Consequences

Oh, is Unbeknownst still joining us vaguely later?

Frosty
2013-04-06, 02:26 AM
"Ends Justify the Means" is not a consequence. It is one of Amber's normal aspects.

As for Unbeknownst, she hasn't responded to my PM. Maybe we took too long in finishing up this intro adventure who knows.

DukeGod
2013-04-06, 03:13 PM
No, I meant for that end of fight where the ghoul compelled mine, and I was allowed to compel his...

Soo, who's up to let Harry die and completely **** up with Canon?

Frosty
2013-04-07, 12:44 PM
Yeah totally. When you cause a consequence on an enemy, you get to compel it once for *free* (this is called Tagging, and you can pass the tag onto an ally instead of using it yourself). Your allies can spend a fate point to compel the consequence to get that +2 as well.

DukeGod
2013-04-20, 10:23 PM
Sooo, is our first book, over?

Frosty
2013-04-20, 10:50 PM
Basically. You all get one skill point to assign! :smallsmile:

Frosty
2013-04-22, 07:30 AM
Sorry for not posting over the last few days. I have a huge project due today and a final tomorrow. I shall try to post later today if I can.

Starbin
2013-04-22, 09:20 AM
No worries ... RL has a nasty habit of getting in the way from time to time. I know the Matrix is supposed to be bad, but if your 'real-life' were simply a MMORPG, I wonder if that would be all bad?

Assuming you didn't actually die, of course ...

Frosty
2013-04-22, 11:08 AM
THe problem is that Real-Life as an MMO has too much repetitive grinding. Sometimes you do this in school (appropriate challenges for levels 5 through 30) and most of the time in work (appropriate for levels 15 through 75). Feels too much like a Korean grindfest to me :smalltongue:

Starbin
2013-04-22, 02:32 PM
Gold farming is an age old tradition, and has brought much honor to many families.

:smalltongue:

Of course, I'm not actually wanting to play my life as an MMORPG ... just the opportunity for full immersion ones ... assuming that I didn't have to get constantly PK'd by people who have nothing else to take up their time.

Major
2013-04-22, 03:10 PM
I need to stop losing the PDF to the core rulebook =-= I'll spend my skill point in a second.

How long a time skip are we talking between books? Do I get my right arm back? :P

Starbin
2013-05-02, 09:59 AM
I don't have my books handy, but with skills, I can only raise a skill if there remain more skills of a lower level than of the higher level, right? Which means when you take the pyramid that I did (1 @ +5, 2 @ +4, 3 @ +3, 4 @ +2, and 5 @ +1), you have to take a new skill, right?

Anyone have the list of skills handy, perchance?

DukeGod
2013-05-02, 11:06 PM
The bottom can have as many skills as the upper part. So, I think you can increase any of your skills or take a new one.
Also, I don't think we can go all the way to +6 yet right?

Frosty
2013-05-03, 01:18 AM
Correct. +6 is really plot-level potency, and you guys aren't there yet. Well, do you guys want to start the next book now, or try to recruit someone else? I'm ok with starting another book immediately if y'all want.

The time skip is a month, so you guys are all fine. All consequences short of Extreme ones are cleared.

Major
2013-05-03, 04:41 AM
Correct. +6 is really plot-level potency, and you guys aren't there yet. Well, do you guys want to start the next book now, or try to recruit someone else? I'm ok with starting another book immediately if y'all want.

The time skip is a month, so you guys are all fine. All consequences short of Extreme ones are cleared.

YES!!! I nuked the boss and walked away with no negative consequences!

So this is a significant milestone? Just the one skill point and then a minor option? No refresh right?

Edit: Added +1 Deceit. Figure after a month, Amber is learning more of the lying and tricking it takes when around white court tr---vampires.

DukeGod
2013-05-03, 07:04 PM
YES!!! I nuked the boss and walked away with no negative consequences!

Yet, when we had smaller problems to deal with, she was forced intop a strip job! This is just a joke of course

I'll increase my driving, from Average to Fair!
Yay, I'm our getaway driver. Let's leave the driving to the guy with paws!

Major
2013-05-04, 05:33 PM
Yet, when we had smaller problems to deal with, she was forced intop a strip job! This is just a joke of course

=-=

Soon...I know which party member will be murdered first...

Frosty
2013-05-06, 02:14 AM

Once starbin replies that he is here and has spent his 1 new skill point, we will move onto the next book.

Oh, and there's not a lot of stripping going on. You'll see once Aria shows Amber her new uniform, with that oh-so-aggravating smile. Don't worry, I'm sure Amber's new official position as nude dancer won't be permanent...unless she screws up this mission BIG time. :smallwink:

The next book should have more social battles, where you guys will probably actually take consequences to make the daring line of questioning or give the ultimate show as part of deceit to not blow your cover.

Starbin
2013-05-06, 12:15 PM
The bottom can have as many skills as the upper part. So, I think you can increase any of your skills or take a new one.

I thought it was based on the level immediately below. So I could take a new skill, or raise on of my +1 skills to +2, which would give me a 1-2-3-4-4 ... but then I'd have to take a new skill at next 'level.'

Regardless, I think I'll go with raising Resources to +1 ... just because I don't want to have to live at the shelter the entire game!

So here and ready!

Frosty
2013-05-06, 07:21 PM
Well, basically,

Level N can never have more skills than Level N-1, so that means for all levels N, any and all levels below N will have at least as many skills as N.

Frosty
2013-05-08, 01:43 AM
Eeps, been busy. Got midterm on Thursday. I'll try to get someone up tomorrow though.

Frosty
2013-05-19, 01:42 AM
Good news. Unbeknownst is back on the site and she still wants to join. Luckily we're just at the beginning of book 2.

Major
2013-05-20, 02:52 PM
How fitting! Also, sorry about no replies. Didn't notify me that there was a new post >.>

Frosty
2013-05-21, 12:23 AM
This is why I don't use the notifications. I just check all threads manually out of habit.

Unbeknownst
2013-05-22, 01:54 AM
Good news. Unbeknownst is back on the site and she still wants to join. Luckily we're just at the beginning of book 2.

Ooh. I warrant an update. I can get used to this sort of treatment. I do still need to write up a couple of character interaction things. The stories with another player bits. Can't quite recall what they are called at the moment.

Frosty
2013-05-22, 11:48 AM
Go head and post your character so you guys can start working on the "Guest Star" aspects.

Starbin
2013-05-22, 12:41 PM
Grim's is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12382834&postcount=3)

Unbeknownst
2013-05-22, 10:52 PM
Elizabeth Neala An'Dubh
5' 2"
120ish lbs

High Aspect:
A Wizard Born for War

Trouble Aspect:
(has) A Lifetime of Enemies

Template:
Wizard

Skills:
(2)Superb(+5): Conviction, Discipline
(2)Great(+4): Weapons, Deceit
(2)Good(+3): Endurance, Lore
(3)Fair(+2): Presence, Might, Athletics
(4)Average(+1): Alertness, Scholarship, Stealth, Fists, Investigation

Supernatural Abilities:
Evocation -3 (Air, Water, Spirit)
Thaumaturgy -3
The Sight -1
Soulgaze 0
Wizard's Constitution 0
Item of Power (Fragarach) -2
+One Time Discount +2
+ It Is What It Is. And that is a Sword.
+ Unbreakable
+ Imparted Ability, Unnatural Strength -4

Specializations:
Evocation, Water/Ice (Power +1)
Thaumaturgy, Crafting +1 Complexity

Focus Item:
Leather Hand/Forearm wrap with golden inlaid Celtic knot work. (+2 Defense Control Water/Ice, +2 Def Power Water/Ice) (4Slots)

Stress:
Physical: 0000
Social: 000
Mental: 0000

Where did you come from?

Born in northern Ireland to two Warden parents, Elizabeth was taught early about magic and justice. She was brought up on stories of great wizards and righteous heroes. Because of this, she prefers to act honorably when she can. She refuses to lie, but has no qualms twisting the truth to her ends. Much like the fairies actually. Learning the wizardly ways at a young age was a wondrous experience, and the ability to control so much power with mere thought has always awed her. Because of this, she's always felt that she should help people. Especially seeing as how she is so much more capable than your average human. It feels wrong to sit by and do absolutely nothing while supernatural terrors kill, maim, and do various other horrible things to people. This generally gets her in trouble with all of those supernatural terrors that enjoy killing, maiming, and doing various other unspeakable things to people.

Aspect: All that is Necessary for Evil to Succeed is that Good Men do Nothing.

What Shaped You?
Born to a wizard family, Liz is quite naturally powerful, and not so naturally skilled. Her most favored aspect being ice, or water depending on the person speaking of it. She was in fact so good at it, along with her inclinations against lying, that she had suspicions of having contact with the Unseelie court. While unfounded, the suspicions marked her as something of an outcast. Turns out most Wizards don't like dealing with either of the courts too much, especially the Unseelie. Because of this, she found herself to be something of a loner, relying mostly on herself and occasionally on her family. Over the years, she's found that she prefers to stand apart from others as she doesn't know when they might turn on her.
Most notably when she worked with a woman named Maria Elswood. Together they found a small coven of Witches, practitioners of the darker magics. After successfully infiltrating the coven, mostly Maria's doing, the duo decided to see if they could find if they had any contacts with more covens. They of course agreed that no Wardens would learn of this. After nearly six months in the coven, and learning little, Maria finally showed her true colors, turning on Elizabeth with the other four coven members. The resulting fight left Liz physically and mentally beaten, she had slain two of the witches with her blade, but Maria and the other two fled. From this, she's learned that trust is a hazy thing, and rarely gives it out to others.

Aspect: Baa, Baa, Blue Wolf.

Your First Story: "The Double Edged Sword" For some strange reason, Elizabeth was sent to the states to retrieve an Heirloom left to her by her Great-Great Grandfather that she had met thrice. Why? She had no clue, but she honored her Grandfather's wish and left to retrieve the prized possession, in person as per his wishes. When she retrieved the blade, it seemed to almost hum in her hands. The weight, the balance. It felt as if the blade was made for her. She didn't even know that what she held was the legendary sword Fragarach, The Answerer, fabled to be able to cut through any armor. Until a trio of Fey decided to ambush her. Unfortunately for them, she learned quite quickly what it was that she held. And, after some extensive research, a few more troubles, and a bit of intense questioning, she learned it's name. She also learned that it slowly bonded to its wielder, usually taking decades to come into it's full power once more. Unfortunately for her, most of the ones that want the blade know this, and will attempt to take it before it bonds.

Aspect: Destiny gave me a Legendary Sword. ****ing Destiny.

Rote Spells:

Oighear Sciath

Type: Water Evocation, defensive block
Power: 7 shifts, Leather wrap used.
Control: Automatic
Duration: Two exchanges
Effect: Encases the user in a suit of weightless Icy Platemail. While not exactly subtle, it is effective, granting the user an armor of 3.

Slis Slis Leanbh

Type: Air Evocation, Attack
Power: 5 shifts
Target: One Creature or Person or Object
Opposed by: Targetís Athletics skill, magical
blocks, or some other skill as determined in
play
Effect: With a slicing motion, usually with her sword, at times just her hand, Liz sends forward sends forth a current of razor sharp air, cutting through most things. Or at least leaving a hefty gouge.

Bheith Ag Imeacht

Type: Spirit Evocation
Power: 5 shifts
Duration: One Exchange
Opposed by: Alertness
Effect: Renders the caster invisible

The Looks:

Home and main mode of transportation:
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3146/3007362487_a57bbafa59_z.jpg
Yes, it's salmon.

Generally, most people notice her Ice Blue hair first, as it is something of an odd hair color. It's cut in a short bob, framing her face well and the color compliments her large, dark, blue-green eyes. More blue than green really. She knows her girlish frame and large eyes give her something of a sad, lost look. Which she uses to every advantage she can get. Her small body and slight frame help hide her powerful muscles, made so by years of physical conditioning. All in all, the 5' 2" 120 lb girl does not make an imposing figure, but an adorable, well toned, lost puppy-esque one.

Liz doesn't wear makeup, for one, it's expensive and she doesn't have a lot of cash. For two, she finds it somewhat demeaning to wear makeup to make herself look better. If someone doesn't like how she looks, **** them, she's perfectly fine with herself.

As for wardrobe, she keeps it simple. Partially because it works, but mostly because it's cheap, she wears khaki cargo pants, white sports bras, white panties, and white tank tops. In colder months, she usually throws on an old '60's Russian Greatcoat that she found in a thrift shop. Hey, it's warm. On her left wrist and forearm is a leather wrap, tightly wound and embedded with golden knot work. The wrap almost never comes off, even during baths, because of this, she makes sure to keep in good shape and dry. She also carries around her characteristic ginormous dark green messenger's bag. It houses the one item she can't live without.

Tattooed across her body, arms, and legs, is a spiraling series of knot work and Celtic symbols, all of which is done in a light blue ink, barely visible along her skin.

Fragarach:
Weight: 2 pounds, 8 ounces
Overall length: 39 inches
Blade length: 35 inches
Blade width: 2.3 inches at base
Grip length: 4 inches
Guard width: 3 inches
Point of Balance: 8 1/2 inches from guard
Centre of Percussion: 22 3/4 inches from guard

Usually crosswise in a gigantic bicycle messenger's bag, 27" wide by 15" high. She keeps a couple of extra pairs of clothing in with it so it doesn't move around too much.

Looks:
http://forums.dfoggknives.com/uploads/monthly_03_2008/post-99-1205337543.jpg
http://forums.dfoggknives.com/uploads/monthly_03_2008/post-99-1205337629.jpg
http://forums.dfoggknives.com/uploads/monthly_03_2008/post-99-1205337672.jpg

Frosty
2013-05-22, 10:55 PM
1) How old is Liz
2) Is she a Warden/Warden trainee?

Unbeknownst
2013-05-22, 11:14 PM
1) How old is Liz
2) Is she a Warden/Warden trainee?

And nope, Wardens have to deal with messy politics.

As for what's happening In Character, it might be of best interest to have one of my Guest Stars be Amber, and in a situation that could show my manipulative side, and my dislike of humans being... Preyed on.

Major
2013-05-23, 04:42 AM
I have a feeling Liz/Amber will get along nicely. They have a lot of things in common, yet some very key differences.

Common
-Magic Users
-Hate humans being preyed on
-Not big trusty types

I'd suspect that Liz would hate the working with the Vampires as much as Amber does.

Differences
-Liz is a better liar
-Amber has more money and is better at Lore
-Amber cares more about her appearance
-Liz=Defensive magic, Amber=Offensive magic
-Amber=Spirit/Fire/Water, Liz=Water/Air/Spirit

Oddly, despite Liz being better at deceit, Amber due to her presence has a better social stress track.

Overall, I think they mix nicely with different strengths and weaknesses. Plus the "wardens have politics" Amber would agree with even if she IS a warden.

As for story idea I'm open. Feel free to toss stuff out.

Frosty
2013-05-23, 11:40 AM
Funnily enough, Liz refuses to flat out lie, but she'll bend the truth like a pro politician...

DukeGod
2013-05-23, 10:17 PM
Frosty, remember how I had conflicting Aspects? I'd like to swap out "Daring but Never Reckless" which would make me cautious(and conflic with We Hunt which was to make me reckless ¨¨'. Stupid me) with "I will allow no Death" making it more about doing his best to save others

Unbeknownst
2013-05-24, 01:57 AM
Alright Major, tell me what you think.

"I Just Want To Put Your World On Ice."
Having come to New Cannes because of rumors of a slave den, Liz did what she does best, find the den and infiltrate it. At first she thought it was a simple smuggle run, but she found it was much worse. It was actually a front, an illegal front, but that was just to hide that it was actually something of a recruiting house for the Red Court. People were taken, brought here, and then sent elsewhere. While she could never figure out where they went, she could at least end what they were doing here. Unfortunately, the head of the little organization in New Cannes had this nasty sense of paranoia, and let few people get close to him. It took two precious weeks to learn where he holed up, but with that information she learned that he was a Red himself and had two others with him. While she could take one herself, she knew she couldn't take three. So, she went to the nearest Warden, Amber. An adorable young girl really. Almost depressingly bubbly. After explaining the situation to Amber, Amber helped resolve it. (I hope anyway. Nor do I know how exactly you would help.)

Afterwards, and without telling the Warden, Elizabeth hunted down the humans that had helped run the show, and killed them. She missed two of them, and is pretty sure they know she betrayed them.

Aspect: The Monster in the Mirror

Frosty
2013-05-24, 12:44 PM
Frosty, remember how I had conflicting Aspects? I'd like to swap out "Daring but Never Reckless" which would make me cautious(and conflic with We Hunt which was to make me reckless ¨¨'. Stupid me) with "I will allow no Death" making it more about doing his best to save othersI like this. Go ahead and make the change. Remember you need a story to go with this new aspect!

Having come to New Cannes because of rumors of a slave den, Liz did what she does best, find the den and infiltrate it. At first she thought it was a simple smuggle run, but she found it was much worse. It was actually a front, an illegal front, but that was just to hide that it was actually something of a recruiting house for the Red Court. People were taken, brought here, and then sent elsewhere. While she could never figure out where they went, she could at least end what they were doing here. Unfortunately, the head of the little organization in New Cannes had this nasty sense of paranoia, and let few people get close to him. It took two precious weeks to learn where he holed up, but with that information she learned that he was a Red himself and had two others with him. While she could take one herself, she knew she couldn't take three. So, she went to the nearest Warden, Amber. An adorable young girl really. Almost depressingly bubbly. After explaining the situation to Amber, Amber helped resolve it. (I hope anyway. Nor do I know how exactly you would help.)

Afterwards, and without telling the Warden, Elizabeth hunted down the humans that had helped run the show, and killed them. She missed two of them, and is pretty sure they know she betrayed them.

1) This probably didn't happen in New Cannes itself, as the White Court presence here is strong and they'd throw a sh*t fit if the reds started a major recruitment center here. The story itself is good. Maybe it happened one state south, in North Carolina? There's a nice town called Cape Fear...

2) Did Liz use magic to kill those humans?

Unbeknownst
2013-05-25, 12:21 AM
I like this. Go ahead and make the change. Remember you need a story to go with this new aspect!

1) This probably didn't happen in New Cannes itself, as the White Court presence here is strong and they'd throw a sh*t fit if the reds started a major recruitment center here. The story itself is good. Maybe it happened one state south, in North Carolina? There's a nice town called Cape Fear...

2) Did Liz use magic to kill those humans?

Cape Fear it is then.

And of course not. That would just be stupid.

Frosty
2013-05-25, 12:44 AM
And of course not. That would just be stupid.True, but you used to hang out with the likes of "No Brakes Mc'Gee" and 'Lord Boom" so... :smalltongue:

Unbeknownst
2013-05-25, 01:03 AM
True, but you used to hang out with the likes of "No Brakes Mc'Gee" and 'Lord Boom" so... :smalltongue:

Can't forget Beard King! He believed his magical powers came from how long his beard was. Needless to say, he had a damn long beard.

Frosty
2013-05-25, 01:43 AM
He was a dwarf right? You have the funnest rp group ever. Do you guys still play together? Did you guys finally manage to catch who was actually plotting to kill the boss, and get paid handsomely to defeat said plotter?

Unbeknownst
2013-05-25, 03:00 AM
He was a dwarf right? You have the funnest rp group ever. Do you guys still play together? Did you guys finally manage to catch who was actually plotting to kill the boss, and get paid handsomely to defeat said plotter?

Of course! He also had an Elven Gun Bunny/Infiltrator brother, they were 60ish as they were both part of the first surge. They were special forces before they bought a bar and retired. Came out of retirement because they were running low on money. Both had Fame (Special Forces).The Gun Bunny was known as Golem. So called because his skin was bronze. Seriously bronze, as in it glinted metallic. The ****er had Distinctive Appearance at -15. Both of them refused to call our hacker anything but 'The Decker'. Mostly because he was insanely annoyed by that.

And oh gods that hacker. Elven poser, btl and hot sim addict. Called himself 'The Wolf' in such a way that you could hear the italics. Complete and total pervert.

And yes we did catch the people. Turns out it was his wife, he was something of a cheating bastard. She's the one that helped us setup the will. 'Course he was ready for that and had a bunch of legal stuff to counter it. It took a full two sessions to get all the legwork done to fix that.

Good times. But yeah, we still play together on the weekends. We're in WFRP 2e right now. I've got a Shadowmancer that just owns. Just rolled stupid high for her stats.

Frosty
2013-05-25, 03:23 AM
1) Did the boss end up dying or not?
2) Does your group ever do *sane* stuff?
3) What is WFRP? Warhammer Fantasy?

Unbeknownst
2013-05-25, 03:38 AM
1) Did the boss end up dying or not?
2) Does your group ever do *sane* stuff?
3) What is WFRP? Warhammer Fantasy?

Oh, he did. Eventually. We took over his corp and promptly sold it to Ares. Good money in that.

To be fair, a lot of that was after close to a year and a half of playing the game. We'd accumulated around 600 or so Karma. I think that's close to a 700+ BP Character. At that point, sane is a whole different level.

And yes, you are correct. I love me some Warhammer Fantasy.

Frosty
2013-05-25, 03:43 AM
I guess in the end all of your characters retired rich?

You also love you some Dresden and Shadowrun! Is there any system you really *don't* like? :smallwink:

Unbeknownst
2013-05-25, 03:52 AM
I guess in the end all of your characters retired rich?

You also love you some Dresden and Shadowrun! Is there any system you really *don't* like? :smallwink:

Actually, yes. I generally dislike D&D and Pathfinder. Most d20 systems really. I mean, Pathfinder has some of the best adventure paths, but I just don't like they system or it's scaling. It's just, blegh to me.

Frosty
2013-05-25, 04:20 AM
I'm in a solo campaign in Pathfinder right now and it is awesome. I think it just really relies on the DM to make sure you scale at the right pace compared to the obstacles. But don't worry, I won't make you play any d20 systems :smallsmile:

Anyhow, moar working of character apps, especially for the SR game! I'd love to see the background for your Combat Baker, or whatever you want to call your role :smallbiggrin:

Major
2013-05-25, 04:57 AM

Sorry for delay, I always forget to check oocs.

Amber's specialty is uhh...blowing things up. She's more the "I'll kick your ass if you don't" Warden. Which is why she's currently conned into working at a strip club because that didn't work on the stupid white court bitch.

I wouldn't say Amber's bubbly either :P *looks at others for their opinion*

And Frosty mentioned the "in New Cannes" problem.

Either way, Amber is DEFINITELY willing to help blow up some Vampires. *hates them*

Unbeknownst
2013-05-25, 05:11 AM
I'm in a solo campaign in Pathfinder right now and it is awesome. I think it just really relies on the DM to make sure you scale at the right pace compared to the obstacles. But don't worry, I won't make you play any d20 systems :smallsmile:

Anyhow, moar working of character apps, especially for the SR game! I'd love to see the background for your Combat Baker, or whatever you want to call your role :smallbiggrin:

Hey now. I suck at combat. I prefer Sexy Baker.

Sorry for delay, I always forget to check oocs.

Amber's specialty is uhh...blowing things up. She's more the "I'll kick your ass if you don't" Warden. Which is why she's currently conned into working at a strip club because that didn't work on the stupid white court bitch.

I wouldn't say Amber's bubbly either :P *looks at others for their opinion*

And Frosty mentioned the "in New Cannes" problem.

Either way, Amber is DEFINITELY willing to help blow up some Vampires. *hates them*

I thought I fixed that bit. Ah well. But yes, that's pretty much what you're needed for. esplodin' vampires.

Major
2013-05-25, 05:18 AM
Hey now. I suck at combat. I prefer Sexy Baker.

I thought I fixed that bit. Ah well. But yes, that's pretty much what you're needed for. esplodin' vampires.

Esplodin' vampires I can do. Hell, I'll do it for free! You'll get bonus points if you find out how I can esplode the White Court and get away with it.

Unbeknownst
2013-05-25, 05:28 AM
Esplodin' vampires I can do. Hell, I'll do it for free! You'll get bonus points if you find out how I can esplode the White Court and get away with it.

Oh yeah, we'll get along just fine.

Major
2013-05-25, 05:37 AM
Oh yeah, we'll get along just fine.

*high fives*

Frosty
2013-05-25, 11:39 AM
Making White Court esplode isn't hard at all. Doing it and not getting afoul of some treaty or other legalise crud and not suddenly having 15 factions turn against you because the WC have some leverage over them...that's difficult.

Maybe the fact that you'll be saving some mortals will make you feel a bit better? :smallwink:

Hey now. I suck at combat. I prefer Sexy Baker.Okay...so you'll be smearing yourself with pastries in combat to give a Distraction penalty to enemies? :smallbiggrin:

Unbeknownst
2013-05-25, 01:05 PM
Okay...so you'll be smearing yourself with pastries in combat to give a Distraction penalty to enemies? :smallbiggrin:

Hey now, I'm just as good at shooting people as your professional unaugmented human,

Frosty
2013-05-25, 01:15 PM
But you just said you suck at combat... :smalltongue:

Major
2013-05-25, 04:54 PM
But you just said you suck at combat... :smalltongue:

So does Grim :P

Starbin
2013-05-25, 10:20 PM
That's low, Major. Guy has some bad luck, and you say he sucks at combat.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to think about Pastry-flinging sex bakers. Then take a cold shower.

Frosty
2013-05-25, 10:59 PM
I thought you didn't have internet for the weekend? Anyhow, waiting on DukeGod to post I guess.

Major
2013-05-26, 04:56 AM
That's low, Major. Guy has some bad luck, and you say he sucks at combat.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to think about Pastry-flinging sex bakers. Then take a cold shower.

Psh, it was a joke. And having bad luck so you always miss DOES count as sucking. Just saying :P

Starbin
2013-05-26, 08:34 AM
I have internet, but only via cell - no wi-fi for the iPad.

And fine, I suck, although our opponent skills might have something to do with it.

And I know it's all in jest - no worries! :smallbiggrin:

Major
2013-05-26, 09:10 AM
Don't worry, you can start unsucking now...unless all these white court skanks are into that kinda thing.

Unbeknownst
2013-05-26, 11:36 AM
Don't worry, you can start unsucking now...unless all these white court skanks are into that kinda thing.

They're White Court. Aren't they into anything?

Frosty
2013-05-26, 12:35 PM
The more things people get turned on by, the more they become happy meals on legs!

So, got any work done on the bakery owner?

Unbeknownst
2013-05-26, 04:51 PM
The more things people get turned on by, the more they become happy meals on legs!

So, got any work done on the bakery owner?

Nothing but theory. I'm still stuck with just my phone at the moment.

Frosty
2013-05-31, 11:14 AM
I'd like to see where Unbeknownst is in the char-creation process. I think I want to introduce her soon...

Unbeknownst
2013-06-01, 12:25 PM
I'd like to see where Unbeknownst is in the char-creation process. I think I want to introduce her soon...

Well, I need two more character story bits. But I can think of nothing.

Frosty
2013-06-01, 03:57 PM
Well, I'm willing to get you into the game and let you work on those two parts as we go. I *do* need you to also finish your app for the Shadowrun application within about 4 days. I want to include you. All I ask is that you post regularly.

DukeGod
2013-06-01, 05:40 PM
Well, I'm willing to get you into the game and let you work on those two parts as we go. I *do* need you to also finish your app for the Shadowrun application within about 4 days. I want to include you. All I ask is that you post regularly.

It' also your turn to bring snacks

Unbeknownst
2013-06-02, 11:00 AM

Oh, I can post regularly. I has a phone. The problem is that I don't have constant access to my computer. So making people for shadowrun is hard. I should have it up tomorrow though.

Frosty
2013-06-02, 11:26 PM
Alright. Let's get you into the game then. I'm thinking of having Aria and Amber run into you as you stand outside the Dancing Dryad, about to go in to apply for a job since you're desperate for money?

Unbeknownst
2013-06-03, 09:34 AM
Alright. Let's get you into the game then. I'm thinking of having Aria and Amber run into you as you stand outside the Dancing Dryad, about to go in to apply for a job since you're desperate for money?

And have been hearing rumors of the women inside disappearing.

But money is good too. Nothing like actually having money.

Frosty
2013-06-04, 01:30 AM
Go ahead and make a post in the IC thread. Describe yourself physically and what you're wearing as you're standing outside of this expensive-looking brothel-club, and how your general demeanor is.

Also, deadline for the other game is Thursday for submitting a character.

Frosty
2013-06-06, 10:58 PM
I will probably post tomorrow. I got a midterm I gotta study for.

Unbeknownst
2013-06-06, 11:05 PM
I suck at deadlines.

Frosty
2013-06-07, 12:36 AM
Well, you got 90 minutes to post a character for the shadowrun game...

Frosty
2013-06-12, 03:26 PM
I have to say, I like the Scottish accent so far for Liz!

Unbeknownst
2013-06-12, 04:34 PM
I have to say, I like the Scottish accent so far for Liz!

It's Irish! If it was scottish I would have a ton more apostrophies.

Frosty
2013-06-12, 04:43 PM
Heh, and I'd say Liz lives in a van, not a bus.

Unbeknownst
2013-06-14, 10:42 AM
How does one go about rolling? I have neither books or computer, so looking things up is a pain at the moment.

Starbin
2013-06-14, 11:18 AM
Roll 4d6. 1s and 2s are -1, 5s and 6s are +1. Add the total to your skill bonus. We sometimes roll 4d3-8 (modified by the bonus), cuz it turns out the same mathematically.

Starbin
2013-06-24, 06:19 PM
Good lord, y'all are gonna get this site banned from my workplace! :smallbiggrin:

Unbeknownst
2013-06-24, 06:39 PM
Good lord, y'all are gonna get this site banned from my workplace! :smallbiggrin:

I blame Frosty.

DukeGod
2013-06-24, 06:40 PM
How does one go about rolling? I have neither books or computer, so looking things up is a pain at the moment.

My rolls are bul****ting lucky, Starbin's always rolls Low. Major is pretty balanced

Frosty
2013-06-24, 09:52 PM
I blame Frosty.It's ok. I've seen worse :smalltongue: anyhow, I'll try to post later tonight. I just ahd a midterm today and am exhausted.

Starbin
2013-06-24, 11:19 PM
My rolls are bul****ting lucky, Starbin's always rolls Low. Major is pretty balanced
Wow that joke never gets old ... Of course rolling low does seem to be my forte!

DukeGod
2013-06-26, 11:21 AM
Wait, Amber has difficulty walking in 3-inch heels?
And six isn't that insane. Girls at my college wear them all the time

Major
2013-06-26, 07:40 PM
Wait, Amber has difficulty walking in 3-inch heels?
And six isn't that insane. Girls at my college wear them all the time

Was more an exaggeration on the half. And yes, I'm sure they also have experience. You don't just slip them on first time and walk perfectly.

Amber has been the 'efficient' style. She's worn stuff so that if she gets in combat she's fine. Heels aren't on the "bring to combat" list. She's probably worn heels to stand in poses for modeling, but six-inch while dancing and wandering around?

Frosty
2013-06-27, 07:17 AM
I guess Amber will be making some Athletiics checks then :smallamused:

Major
2013-06-30, 03:06 PM
On an unrelated note, if you happen to want another person I know a friend that loves Dresden Files and has done a lot of forum based RPs, but never got a chance to play Dresden Files. She has all the books, but nobody to play with.

I figured I'd see if you wanted more before saying anything to her though :P

Frosty
2013-07-01, 10:27 PM
Sorry, but 4 is the PC limit I set. If someone else drops out tell her immediately :smallsmile:

Major
2013-07-02, 01:24 AM
Kk, couldn't remember if you set a limit or not.

Frosty
2013-07-02, 01:45 AM
Right now, take some time and share info and figure out the next course of action. There will be planety of investigative opportunities for the guys as well as the gals. Who knows what lurks inside DD during the night?

Starbin
2013-07-09, 10:32 AM
Whoops ... Investigation: [roll0]; Awareness (if appropriate): [roll1]

Frosty
2013-07-11, 02:56 PM
Grim is not aware of anyone trying to spy on the group.

Frosty
2013-07-17, 08:50 PM
So...are you guys gonna continue planning or what?

Starbin
2013-07-18, 04:08 PM
Not sure that I have much more to add ... it seems like we need to go watch the girls and interview the ones who come down with any symptoms. I can't think of anything else we can do prior, without a full-up autopsy on the dead girls and lots of lab work. Of course, if the problem's magical, science might not net us anything anyway.

DukeGod
2013-07-18, 09:02 PM
It seems, that we, as players, are not suited to for planning...

Frosty
2013-07-19, 02:54 AM
It doesn't have to be anything that complicated. All you need to do is find a way to go inside the club and observe. Grim can just be a normal client. The doctor...COULD get hired to give them physicals I guess. I just want all of you involved in this :smallsmile:

Frosty
2013-07-24, 09:00 PM
Hmm..how do you guys want me to speed this along? I'm still around if you guys want to continue.

DukeGod
2013-09-04, 03:16 PM
I really don't know how to answer to the dancing girl, so, I'm just gonna wait and hope Grim manages to catch information >.<

Frosty
2013-09-10, 12:36 PM
Just grab onto her and do some sort of scholarship (doctor) roll :D

Starbin
2013-09-10, 12:41 PM
Heh ... have you been in a strip club? That normally get's you tossed out in short fashion.

Although, I suppose this place is a little different (and Brando knows the boss ... biblically and all :smallsmile:)

Starbin
2013-12-13, 11:12 AM
So ... is this a parrot no more?

Frosty
2013-12-13, 06:26 PM
I'm sorry, I've kind of hit a creative dead-zone lately :smallfrown: I want to continue this some time but I'm not sure when.

Starbin
2013-12-16, 02:46 PM
Well how about this as a suggestion ... we take a winter break until after the new year and you can fast forward past our lecherous activity in the T-N-A joint. Come January, we can rejoin our heroes (?) at the coffee house, discussing what they discovered ...

I totally understand blocks, but I'm willing to wait if that will help. Is everyone else still on board?

Major
2013-12-18, 03:00 AM
If we're still up after I might need a PM prode in case I miss it, but I'm game to keep it up.

Starbin
2014-03-02, 01:13 PM
Welcome to the new year! Ok, it's been awhile, but any chance of a reboot on this one, Frosty?

DukeGod
2014-03-08, 08:54 PM
I'm ashamed it took me a while to notice, but I'm still here!