PDA

View Full Version : Kakaroto in M&M3

Akisa
2011-12-15, 09:30 PM
I'm kind of new to M&M and I was wondering if there was a way to build Kakaroto from Dragon Ball in M&M. I realize the tail and full moon would be a problem, I guess I could have my character's tail be cut off. I'm going to using 10pl

Beleriphon
2011-12-15, 11:58 PM
I'm kind of new to M&M and I was wondering if there was a way to build Kakaroto from Dragon Ball in M&M. I realize the tail and full moon would be a problem, I guess I could have my character's tail be cut off. I'm going to using 10pl

Giant in the Playground? Unlikely. Here (http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewforum.php?f=14), most certainly.

Nerd-o-rama
2011-12-16, 10:52 AM
Goku is probably a pretty simple one, since most of his techniques are based on punching really hard or some flavor of Blast (Ki descriptor), with a couple Device powers for flavor and transportation (he can't fly on his own until Z, right? What era of the show are we talking here?).

Unfortunately, I don't have M&M 3e memorized or the book handy, but as general advice I would start by making sure he hits all his caps for close-quarters fighting with his bare hands and take plenty of combat feats. Transforming into King Kong should probably just be listed as a Complication, seeing as he has no control over his actions when he does so.

Cirrylius
2011-12-16, 12:13 PM
I don't think PL10 will cut it unless you're doing Goku before the Saiyan Saga. A planet-busting energy attack would do something like 50 damage, or have a commensurately insane area.

Akisa
2011-12-16, 03:45 PM
I don't think PL10 will cut it unless you're doing Goku before the Saiyan Saga. A planet-busting energy attack would do something like 50 damage, or have a commensurately insane area.

I was talking about Dragon Ball which is prior to the saiyanjin saga.

Goku is probably a pretty simple one, since most of his techniques are based on punching really hard or some flavor of Blast (Ki descriptor), with a couple Device powers for flavor and transportation (he can't fly on his own until Z, right? What era of the show are we talking here?).

Unfortunately, I don't have M&M 3e memorized or the book handy, but as general advice I would start by making sure he hits all his caps for close-quarters fighting with his bare hands and take plenty of combat feats. Transforming into King Kong should probably just be listed as a Complication, seeing as he has no control over his actions when he does so.

Well he can fly when he fights piccolo / ma junior, but that's the end of dragon ball.

Ranos
2011-12-16, 03:53 PM
Well, let's see about that, shall we ? :smallsmile:

The earth is made of soil. Soil is Toughness 0 for an inch (distance rank -7), with a +1 toughness for each rank. The earth's diameter is somewhere around 8000 miles (rank 21). That gives the earth a toughness of +28.

Fortunately the earth is also very difficult to miss, so our PL10 hero can feel free to make a Damage 20 attack with Inaccurate applied a few times for attack bonus +0. Since the earth is a defenseless object, he makes this a Finishing Attack, for a +5 to effect. That's a Toughness DC40, a bit less than 50% chance of punching a hole through the earth, and 10% chance of outright shattering it on the first shot.
Given a few tries though, it will definitely destroy the earth.

The Glyphstone
2011-12-16, 04:03 PM
The Earth's crust (where the soil is) is less than 1% of the Earth's total mass by weight though, and 15% by volume. We should probably be using the Toughness of solid stone instead.

Ranos
2011-12-16, 04:15 PM
True. Then again, even if you made the earth out of solid steel (Toughness +37), such an attack would still destroy it eventually.

Beleriphon
2011-12-16, 04:16 PM
If you want to blow up the earth, you can do so at PL10 pretty easily, you just need a +0 attack bonus. I'm going to assume that you can't miss a planet. That leaves you with a Rank 20 attack of some kind, you can now link a rank 20 Weaken Toughness (affects objects extra) and a Rank 20 Damage effect (it doesn't have to be an area). You know make the entire thing distracting, tiring, or whatever else you like to lower the cost as necessary.

You Attack. You hit. The Earth fails by four degrees. The Earth explodes. Congratulations, you just beat Freiza.

J.Gellert
2011-12-29, 03:55 PM
There is a Goku-inspired archetype in Mecha & Manga (that's 2nd ed). It's PL 15.

Binks
2012-01-04, 02:44 PM
Goku in Dragon Ball? PL 10 should work fairly well. Focus mainly on the ability scores, put most of your points there with a focus on fighting/stamina/strength (in that order). Pick up the power pole as a device (stretching arms is one of the powers, just refluff and limit appropriately) and the cloud as a device with a decent flight rank and limit (only the pure of heart may ride).

Skills you should be focused on the physical, grab some of the combat maneuvers for advantages then customize to your heart's content.

Don't have my books on hand (and usually build M&M3 chars with herolabs anyways) but an array of something like 4-6 str, 6-7 sta, 0-1 agi, 0 dex, 7 fgt, -1 int, 1-3 wis, and 0 pre should work pretty well for a cost of around 40pp of your 150 (I assume you're using standard PP/PL rules since you only mentioned PL). Fill up the rest with skills, advantages, defenses, and your two gadgets and you should be set. You can either wait until you level up or (depending on when you're going for, pre Master Roshi or post) start with a Ki blast power too, then just alternate power that thing to your heart's content to get all the other ki powers.