PDA

View Full Version : Firefly available on Hulu

pendell
2011-12-16, 02:15 PM
Hulu is a video streaming service. It streams shows for free with "limited commercial interruption". You can also subscribe for a fee and watch shows without ads.

It turns out they have all 14 episodes of firefly (http://www.hulu.com/firefly). So if there's any browncoats out there who have a hankerin' for the show, and can stand GEICO insurance commercials about once every fifteen minutes, your craving can now be filled.

Yes, I know this is the moral equivalent of dropping a six pack of beer on an alcoholic's doorstep, but I think I'll find a way to live with myself.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

John Cribati
2011-12-16, 02:21 PM
Except that for the most part full episodes are only made available if you subscribe to Hulu Plus.

BRC
2011-12-16, 02:33 PM
The full season is also available for streaming, ad free, on Netflix if you have an account.

Lord Seth
2011-12-16, 02:40 PM
For that matter, you can watch Firefly ad-free on amazon.com if you have an Amazon Prime subscription.

pendell
2011-12-16, 03:14 PM
Except that for the most part full episodes are only made available if you subscribe to Hulu Plus.

Not so. I've seen full episodes for free with Hulu basic. If you read the fine print, it says that you can see full episodes *on mobile devices* with hulu plus. Tricksy marketing, I think.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-16, 03:15 PM
What!? They do!? YAY! I love Nathan Fillion. He should totally be in a musical as a crime fighter.

Leecros
2011-12-17, 02:57 PM

IIRC they cycle through the episodes. Per their licence agreement they can only stream 5 episodes of the series for free at any given time and on Monday they'll move it an episode...

so right now they're streaming episodes 13, 14, 1, 2, and 3. Come monday they'll stream episodes 14,1,2,3, and 4. Then the monday after 1,2,3,4,5 etc...etc..

Also Firefly's been available on Hulu for awhile. Although, IMO if Hulu had a much larger selection of films and tv shows, $8(USD)/month would definitely be worth it.

Also it's important to note that Hulu is a US-Only site unless they changed it since i last checked.

grolim
2011-12-17, 03:52 PM
What!? They do!? YAY! I love Nathan Fillion. He should totally be in a musical as a crime fighter.

That would be ..... Awesome.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-17, 05:53 PM
That would be ..... Awesome.

As awesome as a webseries about a group of MMO gamers starring Felicia Day?:smallwink:

Lord Seth
2011-12-17, 06:22 PM
Also it's important to note that Hulu is a US-Only site unless they changed it since i last checked.It's available in Japan now, and I think if you're on a U.S. military base in a foreign country you can get access if you fill out some kind of form.

Felhammer
2011-12-18, 01:27 AM
The first time I saw all 14 episodes in order was on Hulu a while ago (back before Hulu Plus ruined the site).

Diskhotep
2011-12-20, 11:12 PM

Nathan Fillion fans should also check out the Thrilling Adventure Hour, a podcast that does classic-style radio plays recorded in front of a live audience. He appears from time to time as "Jefferson Reid, Ace American", a gung-ho all-American agent fighting against the Nazis. I've just started listening, and so far he's foiled plots to create monstrous super-soldiers and an attempt to kidnap and brainwash Franklin D. Roosevelt. All brought to you by Patriot Brand Cigarettes!

MammonAzrael
2011-12-21, 03:23 AM
Also, all 20 seasons (http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_291_20-must-have-toys-christmas-in-year-2111_p20/#7) will be available on DVD (in a century).

If I live that long, this better freaking happen. And if I don't, whatever afterlife I have better have it.

Kato
2011-12-21, 04:57 AM
... Well, I'm happy for all you Americans!

But isn't it all on youtube? Or are those inaccessible from the US?

I don't get how people can not love Firefly :smalltongue: Nah, I can. But still, whenever I see the show I feel better for some reason.