PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 despell magic

kayden87
2011-12-16, 04:48 PM
Is there a way to have a spell permanent on you with out despell magic removing it?

hydraa
2011-12-16, 04:51 PM
Perhaps being a construct and having yourself be a magic item, then it would deactivate for a short time?

kayden87
2011-12-16, 04:55 PM
True but having enlarge casted on you and permed it wont suppress it will.still be removed and ur back to being a medium construct.

kinda redundant that somthing thats ment to be perm can be removed so.easly

motoko's ghost
2011-12-16, 05:00 PM
Only if its wall of force or prismatic wall or something that isnt dispelled by dispel magic, alternately the personal only ones can only be dispelled by those of a higher caster level, try getting some CL boosters.
EDIT: I agree that it's so easily dispelled for something that cost x'000 experience points

Urpriest
2011-12-16, 05:41 PM
Permanent in the rules sense? Not really. Permanency can be dispelled, as can anything with Duration: Permanent.

The only exception is if you make the spell either Supernatural or Extraordinary. I know of no methods for attempting the latter, but the former can be done by a Dweomerkeeper (CDiv web enhancement, or some FR stuff). IIRC it is impossible to dispel a Supernatural ability.

Permanent in the English sense? Sure. Anything Instantaneous.

kayden87
2011-12-16, 08:47 PM
Yeah I wanted to be a fighter polyed into some sort of animal ( sure lets go with a bunnie for the lulz ), and I wanted to play like that for the whole adventure. Starting at like lvl 10+ when I have the Gold to pay for the perm. I dont want some D-bag rogue to come along and go lolololololscroll-of-non-bunnielololol. But my DM might be nice and say perm stuff cant be despelled. only suppressed for d w/e rounds.

Urpriest
2011-12-16, 09:18 PM
Yeah I wanted to be a fighter polyed into some sort of animal ( sure lets go with a bunnie for the lulz ), and I wanted to play like that for the whole adventure. Starting at like lvl 10+ when I have the Gold to pay for the perm. I dont want some D-bag rogue to come along and go lolololololscroll-of-non-bunnielololol. But my DM might be nice and say perm stuff cant be despelled. only suppressed for d w/e rounds.

If you're doing this, just find a Dweomerkeeper, and have them use Polymorph Any Object to permanently turn you into a bunny. It would be a high level caster, so expensive, but you could do it, and it couldn't be dispelled.

Yorae
2011-12-16, 11:16 PM
If you're doing this, just find a Dweomerkeeper, and have them use Polymorph Any Object to permanently turn you into a bunny. It would be a high level caster, so expensive, but you could do it, and it couldn't be dispelled.

The problem I immediately see with this is that, unlike standard Polymorph, Polymorph Any Object gives the target the Int score of the new form. He wouldn't be a bunny that thinks he's a fighter... he'd just be a bunny. =\

Is there any way he could maybe be something with Alternate Form?