PDA

View Full Version : Cleric Staples

Reprimand
2011-12-16, 10:33 PM
Building a LG cleric and was wondering if their are some staple spells other than healing/res/restoration spells, that i should be aware of, also a list of gear I shouldn't pass up might be nice.

I'm planning to make basically a I pala-cleric, righteous might and go beat face on their melee characters, I want to be able to stand toe-to-toe with even the toughest melee combatants.

I'll be using Full-Plate/Heavy Shield and a Heavy Mace

Good enchantments for armor would also be nice.

Flickerdart
2011-12-16, 10:37 PM
You know about Divine Metamagic, right?

Reprimand
2011-12-16, 10:40 PM
Ah, Right I neglected to mention our list of banned feats and such, if it's outside core or the completes (Complete champ is banned still) (Including Tomes, Spell Compendium, etc banned)

Pretty much anything that's not core/phb2/complete(Not including champ)/races of the BLAH are banned, Iron kingdom sources are allowed however.

Flickerdart
2011-12-16, 10:42 PM
DMM is CDiv, Persist is CArc, so that's fine. Don't remember where Nightsticks are from, but the question stands. Are you DMMing?

olelia
2011-12-16, 10:50 PM
Nightsticks exist in Libris Mortis.

Gavinfoxx
2011-12-16, 10:58 PM
Here's the Cleric Handbook for you!

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=420.0

Reprimand
2011-12-19, 08:06 AM
Just one thing DMM is banned we're pretty much using core and the Iron Kingdoms campaign setting.

gkathellar
2011-12-19, 08:12 AM
Clericzilla is perfectly viable in core-only. Clerics have plenty of strong hours/level and 10 minutes/level buffs and do wonderfully with Extend Spell. Don't bother to focus on healing spells — pack a couple castings of the Vigor and Mass Vigor lines (from CDivine) and you're set for that. Otherwise, focus on personal and whole-party buffing, and maybe some offensive spells.

ClothedInVelvet
2011-12-19, 08:14 AM
If you're just looking for spells only, divine power is important for a melee-oriented build. It'll allow you to self-buff into a better fighter than a fighter.

A lot of interesting things can be done with Antimagic Field (8th lvl unless granted through domains), Holy Word is a great way to beat mooks into the ground. Raise dead will make you incredibly powerful if you overboard it (especially with domains and the like).

Gwendol
2011-12-19, 08:34 AM
I suggest losing the shield in favor of a 2H weapon of choice. The War domain grants the priest weapon focus (and proficiency) in the gods favored weapon. Pick & choose!

Power attack is your friend.

As for spells: Ice axe may come in handy as it hits against touch AC, which means you will be able to hit for maximum PA.