PDA

View Full Version : [PF] All Alchemist session.

lfarbstein
2011-12-17, 04:08 PM
I must say that I have fallen in love with the alchemist class. There appear to be so many different ways to play it. You can hulk out with Mutagen, Go bomb crazy, or even "Cast" extracts! Ontop of all that throw in archetypes and prestige classes for even more options! It seems so versatile.

I was even think of starting an all Alchemist session. What do you think of that idea? I was planing on having them all be from an academy or somthing. You think the idea would work? I also would like your opinions on the Alchemist class in general.

Bhaakon
2011-12-17, 04:43 PM
I think it would work quite well. They'll have some issues against particular encounters and hazards (no way to disable magical traps, no way to dispel, not much for tanking), but they should be competent at all levels.

Arbane
2011-12-17, 04:52 PM
I was even think of starting an all Alchemist session. What do you think of that idea? I was planing on having them all be from an academy or somthing. You think the idea would work? I also would like your opinions on the Alchemist class in general.

And to think those FOOLS said you couldn't play "Girl Genius (http://girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php): the RPG" in d20.... Well, you'll show them.

You'll SHOW THEM ALL! BWAHAHAHAH!

Corlindale
2011-12-17, 06:01 PM
(no way to disable magical traps, no way to dispel, not much for tanking),

I would disagree with the latter two. Dispelling Bomb can dispel, though not as effectively as real casters, and an alchemist can get his AC extremely high early on between armor, mutagen and extracts - though admittedly only when properly prepared. You could even have one of the alchemists grab heavy armor proficiency, they don't have any arcane spell failure.

I also agree that the idea is very viable. Consider giving them different Archetypes, there are a lot of great ones to choose from.

EDIT: There's also an archetype in Inner Sea Magic (crypt breaker), which gets trapfinding like a rogue.