PDA

View Full Version : Help me find the Best Shapeshifting Forms

Anecronwashere
2011-12-18, 01:10 AM
I'm currently making a character for a lvl30 Tristalt game and I have a class called the Metamorph. Basically because of it I can (as a Swift Action) assume the form of anything between the sizes of Gargantuan and Tiny, and less than or equal too 18 HD or LA.
I can also Advance the creature (like in the MM)

So what I need is a series of Forms to turn into with the following criteria:

Anti-Magic Zone battle Form
Ranged battle Form
Close-Combat battle Form
High-Damage Output battle Form
Social Form
Spell-Social Form
Best Undead battle Form

No restrictions on books or Homebrew creatures, all Types available.
Priority on things that make it easy to set up Flanking or support allies. I also grab all their Ex, Su, Sp and Psi abilities so having lots of SLAs is great (except for the Anti-Magic Form, that shouldn't have Su, Psi or Sp as they won't work)

Please help, a group of Forumites is better than 1 and knowing me I'll overlook awesome monsters.

EDIT: I should say that I get everything from the creature I morph into except the HP, I keep the original of that.

Wings of Peace
2011-12-18, 01:14 AM
Win at everything forever as a Gibbering Orb (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/gibberingOrb.htm). Nevermind. Misread the limitations.

If you need AC Dwarven Ancestor from MMIII is good for +17 NA.

Anecronwashere
2011-12-18, 01:22 AM
What page is Dwarven ancestor on?
EDIT: Never mind found it on pg52 of the MM4

TurtleKing
2011-12-18, 01:42 AM
Ok MMIII on page 145 take a look at Runehound. Vile spew as a 100ft range for either use of 1d6 acid/HD range touch attack with Reflex save 10+1/2+Fort mod half or gelatinous goo that acts as a single target web spell with equilavent save DC as the other. Usable every 1d4 rounds. Granted this is if you can shapeshift into an aberration. Might want to tell us if any types are off limits.

Wings of Peace
2011-12-18, 01:44 AM
What page is Dwarven ancestor on?
EDIT: Never mind found it on pg52 of the MM4

My bad. Lacking books is forcing me to run off memory which is far less reliable.

Anecronwashere
2011-12-18, 01:46 AM
No types are off limits.
I can turn into Angels, Demons, Aberrants, Wolves, Warforged, Plants, Oozes, Swarms, Undead, anything.
So long as its less than 19 (18 and below) I can become it.

TurtleKing
2011-12-18, 01:59 AM
Well then that Runehound will net you a 30d6 acid range touch attack every 1d4 rounds at a range of 100ft. Best part is for ones who can use Ex abilities yet no magical abilities of any kind for the creatures they turn into this becomes a viable option high damaging acid attack at range. If say going MOMF then by level 11 at the soonest can pull this off.

Edit: While at it might I mention the PrC Warshaper is if not already using it in Complete Warrior. Just the first level adds a ton of power by either increasing the damage of your natural attacks by one size or gaining natural weapons. Basically if you have a bite that does 1d6 you can increase it to 1d8. The other part is gain upwards of many natural weapons so could have hundreds or more tentacles. Though be careful if going natural weapon procupine mode.

Dimers
2011-12-18, 02:07 AM
The answer really should be obvious from the whole "tristalt anything-goes" concept, but for the sake of completeness ... is template stacking okay?

Anecronwashere
2011-12-18, 02:21 AM
Templates are off-limits unfortunately.
It's based off Alternate Form (and at lvl1 only allows Humanoid PC Races with 0LA) before getting better (allowing Abilities, expanding types and making it EX) but the lack of Templating remains.

And I have a plethora of natural Attacks (I also have Ozodrin) so anything that ups natural Attacks is great.

What is that Feat Tree that reduces Multi-attack penalties?

Flickerdart
2011-12-18, 02:26 AM
Multiattack (-2 instead of -5) and Improved Multiattack (-0 instead of -2). Both require having 3+ natural attacks. You might also be interested in Rapidstrike and Improved Rapidstrike, from the Draconomicon, which allow you to make extra attacks with pairs of natural weapons.

Anecronwashere
2011-12-18, 02:40 AM
Thanks for that. And I definitely have 3+ natural attacks. Well, sometimes.
In Manifested Human Form I could probably hit 10+ attacks, add in other shapes and I could hit a Full Attack of 50+ hits.
I am now so glad I used a Rogue, especially the fix I'm using. HiPS as a Move Action then IntMod Rounds of Ex Invisibility as if I'm in cover. Unseen Stabitty Death :smallbiggrin: