PDA

View Full Version : Seraphi Homebrew(TM) 3.5 Spell - Noxious Form (PEACH)

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-18, 01:23 AM
Noxious Form
Transmutation
Level: Brd 5, Sor/Wiz 6
Components: S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: Self
Duration: 2 min./level (D)
Saving Throw: Fortitude Negates (See Text)
Spell Resistance: No

You and all your gear become insubstantial, misty, and translucent. Your material armor (including natural armor) becomes worthless, though your size, Dexterity, deflection bonuses, and armor bonuses from force effects still apply. You gains damage reduction 10/magic and becomes immune to poison and critical hits. You can’t attack or cast spells with verbal, somatic, material, or focus components while in gaseous form. (This does not rule out the use of certain spells that the subject may have prepared using the feats Silent Spell, Still Spell, and Eschew Materials, or manifesting psionic powers.) You also lose supernatural abilities while in gaseous form. If you have a touch spell ready to use, that spell is discharged harmlessly when the noxious form spell takes effect.

A noxious creature can’t run, but it can fly at a speed of 10 feet (maneuverability perfect). You can pass through small holes or narrow openings, even mere cracks, with all you were wearing or holding in your hands, as long as the spell persists. You are subject to the effects of wind, and you can’t enter water or other liquid. You also can’t manipulate objects or activate items, even those carried along with your noxious form. Continuously active items remain active, though in some cases their effects may be moot.

Though you are not able to attack, the gas you transform into is extremely toxic, and will poison any creature that breathes it in. You begin the spell occupying all squares you occupied as you cast, but you may expand that area to the area you would occupy if you were a tall creature two size categories larger than your actual size (so a 20x20 square if you were Medium), as a move action.

Any creature who begins its turn in your square is immediately infected by the poison. (Inhale, FortNeg, DC equal to this spell's DC, 1d6 Con/1d6 Con) Creatures that are immune to poison or that do not breathe are immune to this effect.

Arcane Material Component

A bit of gauze and a wisp of smoke.

Mist Form of the Undead Lord
Prerequisites: Vampire, 12 HD, Cha 16
Benefit: Your gaseous form supernatural ability improves, to let you assume a toxic cloud, as the noxious form spell (Caster Level 12, Fort Neg DC 16+your Charisma score).

Your flight speed in this form is 20 feet, but you cannot stay in this form indefinitely. The duration of this ability is normal for the spell (24 minutes).

You may still use the gaseous form ability, and may remain in it indefinitely. This feat changes your gaseous form's caster level to 12.

Noctis Vigil
2011-12-18, 01:49 AM
Some spelling errors: first paragraph, sixth sentence, the wording you want is "you lose all supernatural abilities". Second paragraph, second sentence, the wording you want is "with all you were carrying".

The only thing I have to say is that it doesn't seem like a 6th level spell to me, but I've always been a bad judge of spell power levels.

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-18, 01:51 AM
Some spelling errors: first paragraph, sixth sentence, the wording you want is "you lose all supernatural abilities". Second paragraph, second sentence, the wording you want is "with all you were carrying".

Thank you. It's just editing errors. Gaseous form is a touch spell, not a personal spell.

The only thing I have to say is that it doesn't seem like a 6th level spell to me, but I've always been a bad judge of spell power levels.

For reference, cloudkill is a 5th level spell.

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-18, 02:17 AM
Added a new feat, for DMs who want to torture their players!

Domriso
2011-12-18, 11:18 AM
Yeah, I would torment players with that. And have so much fun doing so.