PDA

View Full Version : Ways to count as another race for feats/PrCs?

Elboxo
2011-12-18, 04:43 AM
As the title, specifically, how to count as human, when you are a dwarf for particular feats/PrCs, my idea was dwarf Cleric 7/Battlesmith 1/Protector of Shiba 1 for Wisdom to damage twice, on top of Strength, for Warhammers.

Rhaegar14
2011-12-18, 04:59 AM
I don't know how to do Dwarf to Human, but Stoneblessed (Prestige Class, RoS) will get you Human to Dwarf.

FMArthur
2011-12-18, 11:48 AM
It also works for two other races... were they gnome and goliath? I don't remember. Stoneblessed is one of the best means of benefitting from more than one race for their exclusive features.

The Glyphstone
2011-12-18, 11:49 AM
Human Heritage feat lets you count as Human if you're a half-Human or human-descended race.

Rhaegar14
2011-12-18, 12:00 PM
Yeah, it's Gnome and Goliath, but you have to choose one of the three. In addition, Ruathar out of Races of the Wild gets you to count as an Elf. But then, that's derailing because he's looking for dwarves. XD

Zaq
2011-12-18, 12:06 PM
Yeah, it's Gnome and Goliath, but you have to choose one of the three. In addition, Ruathar out of Races of the Wild gets you to count as an Elf. But then, that's derailing because he's looking for dwarves. XD

Not true. Ruathar doesn't make you count as an elf. A lot of people think it does, since it's the obvious counterpart to Stoneblessed, but it doesn't let you qualify for elf-only stuff.

Demon of Death
2011-12-18, 12:08 PM
The feat Old Blood in Bastards and Bloodlines let's you count as any other race, so should serve your purpose, assuming you are allowed it, as it is Green Ronin and 3.0.

Rhaegar14
2011-12-18, 12:11 PM
Not true. Ruathar doesn't make you count as an elf. A lot of people think it does, since it's the obvious counterpart to Stoneblessed, but it doesn't let you qualify for elf-only stuff.

*Rereads.*

WhatisthisIdon'teven. You're totally right. That's kinda dumb.

Psyren
2011-12-18, 12:46 PM
If you're a half-breed (HE, HO, Mul, genasi, planetouched etc.) you can also use the Human Heritage feat to count as a full human. This can get you into classes like Human Paragon or Chameleon.

Darrin
2011-12-18, 01:45 PM
There's a PrC in the Dragon Compendium called the Shaper of Form that allows you to change your race with the Modify Self (Ex) ability. However, it's stupendously vague on the actual details... do you get all the new racial abilities? Do you keep your old racial abilities? I have no idea how they intended this ability to work.