PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a summoner build

ArielSilvermyst
2011-12-18, 10:30 AM
Hey everyone,
First off thanks for any input and help you give me on this . I am making my first RPG character to play with my BF in a game that he plays in . I chose the summoner because It seemed interesting after reading most of the online forums i found on it . I am by no means an expert and have been told its a hard class to play but i feel confident i can do it justice with some help .
My DM has allowed me to alter a few things ... I am a Master Summoner Archtype but have the fey flavor and can only use summon nature spells like the first worlder is . Sort of a combination of both . I am planning to make my eidelon a skill junky mainly so I dont need them as much .
My thought is to have my eidelon as my skill checker and also use it in combat to use wands to aid the fight . I plan to use summon natures ally for my main dmg done per encounter and my buffs to aid the rest of the party as well .
My stats based off of a 20 point buy ..
STR 8 DEX 14 CON 14 INT 12 WIS 7 CHR 20 ADDING IN MY RACIAL BONUS OF +2 FOR BEING HALF ELVEN ..

Eidelon stats : I took the small size quadriped so it gets +1 to ac and attack rolls,-1 to cmb and cmd checks, + bonus on fly checks and + 4 to stealth

Str 10 dex 16 con 11 int 7 wis 7 chr 11

my feats are enhanced summons and augment summoning for free as we are starting at second level .

my eidelons feats are skill focus acrobatics
eidelon evolustions scent , skilled acrobatics, skilled stealth ,skilled perception

I would like to get as many opinions as i can on how to better the build or how to make it better moving forward .. Thanks everyone .. Ariel .. .

Bovine Colonel
2011-12-18, 07:46 PM
1) I'm assuming this is for a Pathfinder game?
2) Shouldn't this be in the 3.0/3.5/d20 forum?
3) What's your starting level?
4) What do you want your role to be, and what do you want your eidolon's role to be? (Support, debuffing, blasting, smashy, etc)

Derp.

Anyway, here's a guide to get you started: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184592

ArielSilvermyst
2011-12-18, 08:56 PM
ohh sorry I thought this was the right thread i'll move it thanks ... Ariel

supermonkeyjoe
2011-12-20, 11:34 AM
If you want your Eidolon to use wands then I'd suggest one of the evolutions be Skilled: Use Magic Device also Limbs: arms so it can actually use items.