PDA

View Full Version : PrC Granting Spells as Maneuvers

Jeff the Green
2011-12-18, 04:29 PM
I'm working on a martial adept version of the Knight of the Raven class from Expedition to Castle Ravenloft, and I'm struggling to adapt a couple of the class features.

KotR is supposed to be a divine casting class, and grants the Sun domain as a bonus. Would it be overpowered to grant/allow the KotR to take spells from the Sun domain as maneuvers of the same level? They're hardly the most powerful cleric spells. What if they couldn't be recovered?

Even if it's not terribly overpowered, I'm not terribly happy with the idea. What other things might a martial hunter of the dead do?

Glimbur
2011-12-18, 04:42 PM
Desert Wind is fire damage, mostly. Mythologically, fire damage is useful against the undead. This isn't generally true in 3.5, but you could give them a class feature so their fire damage does x1.5 damage versus undead, or a certain amount of their fire damage is untyped/holy damage, or similar.

The undead are also a major source of ability damage and negative levels and such. Stances or counters or class feature resistance or immunities to such things would be welcome and fitting.

Favored Enemy is probably ok too, but it's more "core martial' than "ToB martial".