PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a manga character.

Silva Stormrage
2011-12-18, 06:47 PM
Hello, not sure if this is where I post this or the 3.5 forum but I figured it would be fine. Anyway, my DM sent a character based off a manga character and I would like to know who it is and from where. Its known abilities are:

Regenerating from anything (I scattered its ashes to separate planes)
Removal of any status effects and damage every round (death included)
Can't Teleport/Planeshift
Soul can't be bound and his soul goes somewhere else when he dies.
Can conjure 300000 cubic feat of lava that over runs a dungeon in 2 rounds.
Can conjure screws that impale people (I think its probably just conjure anything ability)
Has an aura the knocks people out with negative emotions where people relive their worst nightmares. (Gets weaker farther away)
Whatever his ability is, it does not wake him up from sleeping unless it kills him.
This character is somewhat creepy/insane.

In the actual manga he/she trades out this ability for something else after befriending the protagonists characters.

I would THINK that this would be fairly unique but my google fu is failing me right now.

Also please no comments on anything about how stupid this is in a 3.5 campaign. Just info on the character would be nice :smallsmile: And how a story can survive with this character in it >.>

FatJose
2011-12-18, 07:34 PM
What does the character look like? Do you know for sure if they are male or female? Does he actually summon lava or is it something that is "described" to be like lava and does damage as lava would? Where fluff ends and mechanics start are important here.

I'm thinking Alucard but I don't think he has ever summoned lava. I know he can create something that for all intents and purposes is very lava-like and conjure just about anything in general. He's bound to someone and his powers are restrained because of this.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-18, 07:48 PM
Regenerating from anything (I scattered its ashes to separate planes)

Based on just this, I got 20 gp it's a villain from some DB series.:smallwink:

Silva Stormrage
2011-12-18, 07:56 PM
What does the character look like? Do you know for sure if they are male or female? Does he actually summon lava or is it something that is "described" to be like lava and does damage as lava would? Where fluff ends and mechanics start are important here.

I'm thinking Alucard but I don't think he has ever summoned lava. I know he can create something that for all intents and purposes is very lava-like and conjure just about anything in general. He's bound to someone and his powers are restrained because of this.

The character was fairly nondescript to be honest. I believe it had a dark cloak and was human. The DM just described it as "A human with a dark cloak is in your kitchen on tables eating your food. He waves at you and says Hello, I am X, the food here is wonderful. Welcome back!" (In a creepy sort of insane voice). When the DM described it he did actually give me his name. I just don't remember it because it was a long japanese name that wasn't familiar to me. It wasn't alucard though. He won't tell me the name again.

The lava thing happened when I wasn't there. I had him locked in a permanent (or so I thought >.>) death trap with a platform of 3.0 harm (reduces him to 1d4 hp no save) and a spell clock firing crystal furry (10d4 damage no save or SR) every 1 thousandth of a second. When I left my keep to do other things he flooded the dungeon section in 2 rounds (DM told me how fast it flooded). It was actually lava though.

Also I don't read the manga its from (or so he said). So it can't be from
Soul Eater
One Piece
Dragon Ball or Dragon Ball Z
Naruto
Bleach
Akumetsu
Code Geas

Also as another note I believe the name started with a K. Not 100% sure on this though.

So no it isn't majin buu from Dragon Ball Dr Epic :smallbiggrin:

And actually I forgot to mention one main ability of his.
Can destroy anything with a touch. I believe anyway. He managed to destroy a resilient sphere, a wall of stone and melted all the bones in one one my characters arms.

Dark Tira
2011-12-19, 05:51 AM
My guess would be Kumagawa from Medaka Box.

Silva Stormrage
2011-12-19, 01:10 PM
My guess would be Kumagawa from Medaka Box.

I believe he is it. That name sounds familiar and it looks like he has several of the main abilities needed. Not sure how to explain the massive lava burst though. All fiction seems to just be able to remove things.

Edit: Yes that is the character. I asked my DM and he said it was. He just refluffed the destroy reality aspect of all fiction with flooding the dungeon with lava... not sure those are the same thing but I guess it works. Thanks for your help :smallbiggrin: