PDA

View Full Version : Racial Requests

EdroGrimshell
2011-12-18, 11:24 PM
I have recently decided i will start taking requests for races from my fellow playgrounders. Now, i do have some basic rules; I will make mechanics only, the fluff will be entirely your own. I will go up to a maximum of ECL 5, anything above that is going into monster territory. If you have any abilities you want included (fully formed or only a basic idea) tell me ahead of time so i may incorporate it. I will make racial feats for any race if asked, but i will need the fluff for it ahead of time to actually make something that fits. If you change your mind on an idea, send me a PM, do not put it on this thread. And lastly, I only make races for 3.5 and Pathfinder, NO 4e races.

I am using a basic guideline i adapted from a 3rd party source which uses a point system, basic number for LA 0 races is 9 to 11 with 10 being the norm just for a basic overview of what kind of power each LA will give. Additionally, Racial HD are worth less than LA because of them giving HP, BAB, Saves, and Skill Points so think carefully if you want a race with RHD.

So, any takers?

EDIT: Please list a prefered LA and/or RHD you'd like me to use and i'll try to work within that area, otherwise I'll base it at LA 0

radmelon
2011-12-18, 11:43 PM
Ooh! Ooh! I would like some kind of sentient slime-person. Like a water elemental, but stickier. Probably have bonuses to con and dex.

bobthe6th
2011-12-18, 11:45 PM
one up the thri-keen. octopus folk, with heavy penalties and a swim speed.

EdroGrimshell
2011-12-18, 11:47 PM
Ooh! Ooh! I would like some kind of sentient slime-person. Like a water elemental, but stickier. Probably have bonuses to con and dex.

Hm, i can work with these, anything you'd like me to avoid?

Also, would you like me to PM you the results first then post them here or just post them here?

radmelon
2011-12-18, 11:49 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about an acid touch, as it would make tool-use quite difficult.

Howler Dagger
2011-12-18, 11:49 PM
Make a d12 as a playable race. Give it racaial hatred for every other dX type.

EdroGrimshell
2011-12-18, 11:54 PM

Seems more like a monster idea but i'll see what i can do.

@Everyone: Please list a prefered LA and/or RHD you'd like me to use and i'll try to work within that area.

radmelon
2011-12-18, 11:54 PM
No more than LA +1, please.

bobthe6th
2011-12-19, 12:23 AM
really six hands and a pair of feet are my idea. avoid making them really just good for mass precision attacks.

hmm... about your max I'd say. really, 6 arms is a big boon...

EdroGrimshell
2011-12-19, 12:26 AM
really six hands and a pair of feet are my idea. avoid making them really just good for mass precision attacks.

hmm... about your max I'd say. really, 6 arms is a big boon...

How about making them craftsmen?

Also, amphibious or completely aquatic?

bobthe6th
2011-12-19, 12:39 AM
amphibious, but with a water dependency. (like, a galon of water per hour out of water or nonleathal damage.)

craftsman could be fun.

Acidic_Cakes
2011-12-19, 02:47 AM
I'd like to request a living construct race that is made from stitched together preserved dinosaur parts.

0 LA, preferably.

TravelLog
2011-12-19, 03:25 AM
A couple requests:

1) A spider-like arachnid race. LA 0-4. Preferred abilities are a boost to Dex and a mental stat, some good SLAs (Fabricate X/day based on HD for the artificer route), and options for Artificers (I like the idea of an 8-armed crafter, with each hand/claw/etc. holding a different tool) or a martial class (probably multi-weapon fighting benefits). Perhaps make a couple castes with different SLAs and traits? Immunity to poison would also be fitting.

2) A race that exists simultaneously between two or more planes. I honestly have no idea about this one, so go nuts.

Racial feats and/or substitution levels would be wonderful (like reducing craft time, etc.)

In terms of fluff, the first race would either be the result of Netherese experimentation (if in FR) or the result of residual magic upswellings causing the evolution of a species of arachnid. The race would be highly focused, relatively unemotional and dedicated to both military and intellectual prowess.

I don't know about the second race yet.

The Witch-King
2011-12-19, 03:35 AM
I'd like to request two races for Pathfinder please:

1. I'd like to request a race of elf-like humanoids, matriarchal in nature with a biological propensity towards witchcraft. Extremely long-lived, pregnancy is a rare and lengthy process that does not incapacitate them; the women often fight and adventure while pregnant and in fact, are more powerful casters when pregnant as they can draw on the child's soul as well as their own. LA +0 preferred if at all possible.

2. A race of stone-carved living construct humanoids with Powerful Build. Designed as warriors and workers they have two modes of operation, a slow-moving, basic "beetle-like" humanoid mode and a second mode whereby they tuck in the arms and legs and roll around as a ball for greater speed and/or to smash into things. They aren't too bright and tend to lack ego but can be surprisingly wise. They are incapable of arcane magic. Again, LA +0 if you can manage it. Thanks!

EdroGrimshell
2011-12-19, 10:25 AM
I'd like to request a living construct race that is made from stitched together preserved dinosaur parts.

0 LA, preferably.

This... will be interesting to say the least, this will definitely need some racial feats for different "models" of dinosaur.

A couple requests:

1) A spider-like arachnid race. LA 0-4. Preferred abilities are a boost to Dex and a mental stat, some good SLAs (Fabricate X/day based on HD for the artificer route), and options for Artificers (I like the idea of an 8-armed crafter, with each hand/claw/etc. holding a different tool) or a martial class (probably multi-weapon fighting benefits). Perhaps make a couple castes with different SLAs and traits? Immunity to poison would also be fitting.

2) A race that exists simultaneously between two or more planes. I honestly have no idea about this one, so go nuts.

Racial feats and/or substitution levels would be wonderful (like reducing craft time, etc.)

In terms of fluff, the first race would either be the result of Netherese experimentation (if in FR) or the result of residual magic upswellings causing the evolution of a species of arachnid. The race would be highly focused, relatively unemotional and dedicated to both military and intellectual prowess.

I don't know about the second race yet.

Okay the first one is very interesting, sorta like the arachnid race in the Forgotten Realms Underdark book only more crafter oriented. I think making them decent spellcasters may be a good idea as well so i'll try to work that angle either in racial features, a paragon class, or racial feats.

The second... I think the closest thing I can use as a base is the Dvati, but that's LA +1 and they SUCK. I'll see what i can do.

I'd like to request two races for Pathfinder please:

1. I'd like to request a race of elf-like humanoids, matriarchal in nature with a biological propensity towards witchcraft. Extremely long-lived, pregnancy is a rare and lengthy process that does not incapacitate them; the women often fight and adventure while pregnant and in fact, are more powerful casters when pregnant as they can draw on the child's soul as well as their own. LA +0 preferred if at all possible.

2. A race of stone-carved living construct humanoids with Powerful Build. Designed as warriors and workers they have two modes of operation, a slow-moving, basic "beetle-like" humanoid mode and a second mode whereby they tuck in the arms and legs and roll around as a ball for greater speed and/or to smash into things. They aren't too bright and tend to lack ego but can be surprisingly wise. They are incapable of arcane magic. Again, LA +0 if you can manage it. Thanks!

Are these based on the Zelda series? 'Cause the first sounds like the Hylians and the second sounds like the Gorons. These will likely be relatively easy for me to work with, the way you describe them I'm pretty sure i can work something out. LA 0 may be a stretch but i can work with it for the first one at least, second may be a bit harder but i'll try to keep it in the right power range, the "no magic" part is a great balance point.

silver spectre
2011-12-19, 10:55 AM
So, any takers?

EDIT: Please list a prefered LA and/or RHD you'd like me to use and i'll try to work within that area, otherwise I'll base it at LA 0

I've always wanted to see a spider or scorpion based version of the Yuan-ti, but have never been able to make it really workable.

Cieyrin
2011-12-19, 11:10 AM
I'm looking for, basically, Moosefolk. LA and RHD expected. Resistance to cold, bonuses to charging or a gore, strong druidic attachments. If we could avoid a Charisma penalty if at all possible, that would be best, too many of those 'for balance' around. I'd probably favor Str, Con and Wis, disfavor Dex and Int. Large size or Powerful Build a must. 3.5.

The Witch-King
2011-12-19, 04:44 PM
Are these based on the Zelda series? 'Cause the first sounds like the Hylians and the second sounds like the Gorons. These will likely be relatively easy for me to work with, the way you describe them I'm pretty sure i can work something out. LA 0 may be a stretch but i can work with it for the first one at least, second may be a bit harder but i'll try to keep it in the right power range, the "no magic" part is a great balance point.

No--I know of the Zelda series but I've never played any of them.

EdroGrimshell
2011-12-19, 04:46 PM
No--I know of the Zelda series but I've never played any of them.

Then it's a very big coincidence. But it does give me a general base i can use and modify as needed.

TravelLog
2011-12-19, 05:56 PM
Please avoid being like the Dvati if at all possible. It's more like a single being that exists between planes than two beings. Do whatever is you feel necessary to differentiate from the Dvati, who I hate like you do.

Razanir
2011-12-19, 06:58 PM
Can I get a playable race of the Fey creature type? By playable, I mean LA +0 if possible, but no more than +1. I'd also want a half-breed between it and Human.

In my campaign world, I have an empire that one split into four. One part joined with a Fey country and became democratic. The catch is, I don't have a good Fey race for PCs

Cieyrin
2011-12-20, 11:17 AM
Can I get a playable race of the Fey creature type? By playable, I mean LA +0 if possible, but no more than +1. I'd also want a half-breed between it and Human.

In my campaign world, I have an empire that one split into four. One part joined with a Fey country and became democratic. The catch is, I don't have a good Fey race for PCs

Killoren are LA +0 Fey from Races of the Wild that actually are quite nice for fitting that role, plus they're somewhat customizable. Definitely something to look into in the meantime.

EdroGrimshell
2011-12-20, 11:20 AM
Killoren are LA +0 Fey from Races of the Wild that actually are quite nice for fitting that role, plus they're somewhat customizable. Definitely something to look into in the meantime.

Ah yes, i had forgotten about them, there's also the Duskling from Magic of Incarnum, however, i will still make a unique race here, but those two do deserve mention.

EdroGrimshell
2011-12-20, 11:51 AM

I decided to go in the order of request, not by what's easier, so it may take some time to get to everyone, but here's the first in the racial requests. As i said in the OP, fluff is up to you and i will expand on it according to any fluff you may like to give. As i only had the basics, i went a slightly more generic route but i do hope you like it.

*Medium
*+2 Dex, +2 Con, -2 Int, -4 Cha
*Ooze (Evolved): _____s are oozes with the evolved subtype. The evolved subtype removes the Mindless and Blind aspects of the ooze as basic nervous and sensory systems are present within the ooze.
*Base Land Speed 20ft, Swim Speed 40ft. +8 Racial Bonus on Swim checks and can take 10 on swim checks even if distracted or threatened.
*Amphibious: Can breathe water and air equally well.
*Colorblind: A _____ cannot see color. This makes him immune to color spray and similar effects
*Darkvision 60ft
*Stability: As the dwarf feature
*Slight Build
*Acid Spit: Once every 5 rounds, a ____ may spit a glob of acidic slime that deals 1d6 points of acid damage to a single target on a successful ranged touch attack. This damage increases to 2d6 at 5th level, 3d6 at 9th level, 4d6 at 13th level, and 5d6 at 17th level. This acid can be stored like a flask of acid but becomes inert after one hour.
*Languages: Common, Aquan. Bonus: ???
*Favored Class: Rogue

The ones with "???" are fluff aspects and thus up to you, also, this thing could easily have a LOT of racial feats depending on the fluff. Let me know what you think and i'll see what i can do to make it better.

Pyromancer999
2011-12-20, 11:57 AM
Interesting. Races I'd like to see:

-Sort of a low-powered Nazgul from LOTR(Examples are the witch-king and the like)
-A creature that is purely a mental presence, and adventures by taking over people's/creature's bodies. Good optional things that can either be included or done as racial feats are the ability to possess dead bodies and the ability to transform bodies possessed, so that they can have a sort of natural form that stays constant amongst many bodies.
-A race with limited innate spellshaping
-A race with limited innate spellcasting
-Innately Necromantic Race suited for classes like my Death Knight (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195618)

All LA+0, or +1 if really need be.

Thanks in advance.

radmelon
2011-12-20, 01:58 PM
This is really nicely well done. Fits the fluff without being over-the-top. Slight build especially fits the goo-ish theme. I'm not sure for favored class, but I'll put some thought into it.

<edit> I'm thinking rogue.

EdroGrimshell
2011-12-20, 03:18 PM
This is really nicely well done. Fits the fluff without being over-the-top. Slight build especially fits the goo-ish theme. I'm not sure for favored class, but I'll put some thought into it.

<edit> I'm thinking rogue.

Glad to hear it, and added Rogue to favored class

Razanir
2011-12-20, 06:50 PM

Sorry. Only have core, CA (that's Adventurer, right?) and Savage Species

TheKoalaNxtDoor
2011-12-21, 12:26 PM
Question: Is this thread only for 3.5 races and stuff, or are ou making 4th edition races too(4th, not essentials)?

If so, i'm running a homebrew campaign where trolls aren't crazed monsters, but misterious and wise smiths who make powerful magic items in twisting crystal halls, and one of my players wants to play one. I've agreed to let him play a half-troll because i wanted him balanced without weird adjustments.

EdroGrimshell
2011-12-21, 12:29 PM
I have recently decided i will start taking requests for races from my fellow playgrounders. Now, i do have some basic rules; I will make mechanics only, the fluff will be entirely your own. I will go up to a maximum of ECL 5, anything above that is going into monster territory. If you have any abilities you want included (fully formed or only a basic idea) tell me ahead of time so i may incorporate it. I will make racial feats for any race if asked, but i will need the fluff for it ahead of time to actually make something that fits. If you change your mind on an idea, send me a PM, do not put it on this thread. And lastly, I only make races for 3.5 and Pathfinder, NO 4e races.

I am using a basic guideline i adapted from a 3rd party source which uses a point system, basic number for LA 0 races is 9 to 11 with 10 being the norm just for a basic overview of what kind of power each LA will give. Additionally, Racial HD are worth less than LA because of them giving HP, BAB, Saves, and Skill Points so think carefully if you want a race with RHD.

So, any takers?

Emphasis mine... sorry

TheKoalaNxtDoor
2011-12-21, 04:04 PM
Well, that's what i get for not reading more carefully... No biggy, it just means i'll have to get off my lazy ass and do something for myself i guess. Your probably helping me a lot more by not making it.:smallwink:

The Witch-King
2011-12-21, 07:37 PM
If so, i'm running a homebrew campaign where trolls aren't crazed monsters, but misterious and wise smiths who make powerful magic items in twisting crystal halls, and one of my players wants to play one. I've agreed to let him play a half-troll because i wanted him balanced without weird adjustments.

Trolls like these?

http://aventures.roldaice.free.fr/Images/TJTrollsVignali.jpg

Cause if so, I've wanted to see them in game for a long time.

EDIT: You might try the Request-a-Homebrew (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219438) thread.

TheKoalaNxtDoor
2011-12-22, 09:45 AM
Actually, my trolls are more grey-colored and orangutan shaped, with handlebar moustaches. It's good, I'll make them myself.

Wyntonian
2011-12-22, 06:33 PM
If I +1 the playable fey, would you bump that up a notch in line? I'd really like to see that happen.

EdroGrimshell
2011-12-22, 06:40 PM
If I +1 the playable fey, would you bump that up a notch in line? I'd really like to see that happen.

Won't bump it up but i will put more work into it to make it actually work

EdroGrimshell
2011-12-22, 07:03 PM

*Medium
*-2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Con
*Monstrous Humanoid
*Base Land Speed 20ft, Swim Speed 40ft. +8 Racial Bonus on Swim checks and can take 10 on swim checks even if distracted or threatened.
*Water Dependency: While a ??? can breathe just fine out of water, it still requires more water than the average human to keep from dehydrating. A ??? must drink four times as much water as a human to avoid dehydrating when out of water, half of which must be salt water.
*6 Arms: A ??? has six usable arms that are just as dextrous as a standard human's. However, these arms are more difficult to coordinate in stressful situation such as combat. A ??? can only use two arms to wield weapons in combat except to carry items or shields.
*Chameleon Skin: A ??? can alter its skin pigmentation to better blend with its surroundings. It gains a +4 racial bonus on Hide checks.
*Natural Craftsman: A ??? treats all craft skills as one skill for the purpose of spending skill points. Bonuses to specific Craft skills still only apply to that skill.
*Multiarmed Craftsman: ???s are craftsmen by nature, their many arms allowing for quickly crafting and manipulation of tools that a normal human would have to use separately. A ??? gains a +2 bonus for every set of arms it devotes to a particular Craft check.
*Multitasking: A ??? is good at multitasking with its many arms, particularly when crafting. A ??? can make up to three different Craft checks simultaneously. Each check requires at least two arms devoted to the task, reducing the total bonus a ??? gains for devoting all of his arms to a single check. The DM can determine certain other skills can be multitasked at the same time.
*Favored Class: ??? (Artificer?)

Let me know if you like it and if you'd like me to modify anything, again, i went with something rather generic for now, though with some things that are rather flavorful for an octofolk race.

Wyntonian
2011-12-22, 07:07 PM
That's all I can ask, thanks.

TravelLog
2011-12-22, 07:58 PM
I think I'll go with Hesperaneans for my spider-race. It's a combination of Hesperus (the species name of the Western Black Widow) and Aranea.

bobthe6th
2011-12-22, 08:46 PM
*Medium
*-2 Str, +2 Dex, -4 Cha
*Monstrous Humanoid
*Water Dependency: While a ??? can breathe just fine out of water, it still requires more water than the average human to keep from dehydrating. A ??? must drink four times as much water as a human to avoid dehydrating when out of water, half of which must be salt water.
*6 Arms: A ??? has six usable arms that are just as dextrous as a standard human's. However, these arms are more difficult to coordinate in stressful situation such as combat.
*Chameleon Skin: A ??? can alter its skin pigmentation to better blend with its surroundings. It gains a +4 racial bonus on Hide checks.
*Craftsman: ???s are craftsmen by nature, their many arms allowing for quickly crafting and manipulation of tools that a normal human would have to use separately. A ??? gains a +2 bonus for every set of arms it devotes to a particular Craft check.
*Multitasking: A ??? is good at multitasking with its many arms, particularly when crafting. A ??? can make up to three different Craft checks simultaneously. Each check requires at least two arms devoted to the task, reducing the total bonus a ??? gains for devoting all of his arms to a single check. The DM can determine certain other skills can be multitasked at the same time.
*Favored Class: ??? (Artificer?)

Let me know if you like it and if you'd like me to modify anything, again, i went with something rather generic for now, though with some things that are rather flavorful for an octofolk race.

seems mostly good. just to explane my mental image for the race, I was thinking something looking like Hachi(octopus fishman from one piece).

minor critiques.
the charisma penalty might be a bit harsh. UMD is a charisma based skill after all... and as octopi they are basically one big muscle. how about a +2 dex -2 con? and perhaps say that only two of its arms can be used in combat except to carry things? lastly, how about the abilaty to count as if the ??? had max ranks for his level for any craft skill he has a rank in? that would be worthy of a +1 LA I think?

EdroGrimshell
2011-12-22, 09:04 PM
seems mostly good. just to explane my mental image for the race, I was thinking something looking like Hachi(octopus fishman from one piece).

minor critiques.
the charisma penalty might be a bit harsh. UMD is a charisma based skill after all... and as octopi they are basically one big muscle. how about a +2 dex -2 con? and perhaps say that only two of its arms can be used in combat except to carry things? lastly, how about the abilaty to count as if the ??? had max ranks for his level for any craft skill he has a rank in? that would be worthy of a +1 LA I think?

1) Love one piece and that was actually the image i used.

2) The Cha penalty was, well, they're octopus fishmen, they're not exactly the prettiest things around. I was actually going to do a Con penalty but thought it'd be to much, i guess you think otherwise and will adjust appropriately (-2 Con is the same point value as -4 Cha anyway)

3) Knew i was forgetting something

4) I think that'd work, though maybe making it more like having max ranks in one skill improves the other ones.

Acidic_Cakes
2011-12-22, 09:11 PM
Personally, I would like to contest the idea that an octopus can't be pretty.

http://bogleech.com/nature/ceph-trem.jpg

EdroGrimshell
2011-12-22, 09:22 PM
Personally, I would like to contest the idea that an octopus can't be pretty.

http://bogleech.com/nature/ceph-trem.jpg

I was speaking generally, mainly because of the image of One Piece octopus fishman.

http://images.wikia.com/onepiece/images/7/7a/Hachi3.jpg

bobthe6th
2011-12-22, 09:32 PM
just the race would be nice enough for artificers (6 hands can hold 6 scrolls. or six wands. or 3 staves. or a partridge in a pear tree...) but -2 to their main skill? not so much.

also, idea for the craft. how about he gets a free rank in all craft skill for inate nack? then use sixs arms and a good int and he can craft like crazy.

EdroGrimshell
2011-12-22, 09:40 PM
just the race would be nice enough for artificers (6 hands can hold 6 scrolls. or six wands. or 3 staves. or a partridge in a pear tree...) but -2 to their main skill? not so much.

also, idea for the craft. how about he gets a free rank in all craft skill for inate nack? then use sixs arms and a good int and he can craft like crazy.

Already updated it for review to see if you like it

TravelLog
2011-12-22, 09:52 PM
*Natural Craftsman: A ??? treats all craft skills as one skill for the purpose of spending skill points. Bonuses to specific Craft skills still only apply to that skill.

This alone is probably LA +1 paired with the races other crafting bonuses. It translates to an enormous saving in skill points. Enormous. And having 6 arms is probably worth another +1.

Overall I would call them an LA +2 with a +/-1, though a + is more likely.

EdroGrimshell
2011-12-22, 09:58 PM
This alone is probably LA +1 paired with the races other crafting bonuses. It translates to an enormous saving in skill points. Enormous. And having 6 arms is probably worth another +1.

Four of the arms are worthless for combat, and it's only for CRAFT skills, good for prereqs and making your own stuff but that's it

TravelLog
2011-12-22, 10:42 PM
Multi-Weapon Fighting? Even conservatively that allows for using 4 arms in combat, if not all 6. You could even dual-hand three Greatswords.

Or am I misunderstanding? If so, perhaps you should explicitly disallow using those arms in combat, rather than imply it. That would take the race down to LA +1 (for a dedicated crafter, a very good one!)

EdroGrimshell
2011-12-22, 10:46 PM
*6 Arms: A ??? has six usable arms that are just as dextrous as a standard human's. However, these arms are more difficult to coordinate in stressful situation such as combat. A ??? can only use two arms to wield weapons in combat.

Very much so.

TravelLog
2011-12-22, 11:07 PM
Much better. :smallbiggrin:

bobthe6th
2011-12-23, 12:01 AM
seems good. will try to get my DM to let me play this! artificer may be silly amounts of fun, but craft master hachi artificer sounds even more fun!

EdroGrimshell
2011-12-23, 12:02 AM
seems good. will try to get my DM to let me play this! artificer may be silly amounts of fun, but craft master hachi artificer sounds even more fun!

Let me know how it goes if you get it into a game

Cieyrin
2011-12-23, 11:29 AM

Versatile Performer is a feat that does for Perform what this race does for Craft, I don't think that naturally equates to LA +1. And really, how many Crafts do characters normally invest in? Maybe 1, 2 tops. The only thing Hachi here is vastly superior at is the usage of Fabricate to make anything they want.

EdroGrimshell
2011-12-26, 02:03 AM

I'm going to save this one for two reasons, 1) It seems like a joke race, and 2) i'm having a hard time making it (hence my absence recently)

0 LA, preferably.

I'm also having a difficult time with this one, could you elaborate on it a little?

Acidic_Cakes
2011-12-26, 02:50 AM
I'm also having a difficult time with this one, could you elaborate on it a little?

Hmm, let's think for a second now...

I'd like it to be combat focused, so probably a Strength or Constitution bonus, but I would prefer if it didn't have a Wisdom penalty.

Hmm, perhaps it might have the ability to alter and reposition its natural weapons by making craft checks. Like it could have a styracosaurus crest on one hand, or a tyrannosaurus bite on the other, or utahraptor claws, or an oviraptor's eyes and head crest, but (unless it gets specific feats) not more then one at a time.

This is just my first thought on the matter.

Vlos
2011-12-28, 01:59 PM
Linked: Well a race that is always good for GM's depending on the group is "linked" races. There are a few in the Monster Manuals, but nothing playable as PCs.

This race would always be born in "pairs", one would depend on the other, melee, caster (brains/brawn) types, or STR/DEX, which ever type of combo you want to come up with.

This would be great for those that want to play together. Sort of like Raistlin/Caramon from Dragonlance, but as a race.

One would get one set of benefits and another would get another, while they get off setting penalties. They would share a bond between them (or even a hatred), one turns evil and becomes a recurring villain...

Winged: Another race I created with one of my characters via the origin of spieces spell was a Winged Halfling. They couldn't fly, but could take feats that improved their flight (like the kobolds). Always reminded me of the monkeys from Wizard of oz... ;)

Construct: I like the construct race mentioned, but a liquid metal (sort of like the terminator). basically could use a warforged. But give it alter self abilities, though need to take something away to keep it +1.

Parasites: Parasites are always another fun thing. These would enhance another PC race, granting a regular race something more. There are a few in the back of MMII I believe, but again not Playable PC races.
- How does it effect the host?
- Can the host take back control?
- adrenaline Boost? For physical stats?
- Mental Boost (for mental stats)
- How do other races feel about it?
- is it symbiotic? Relationship like: Tok'ra -or- Goa'uld

EdroGrimshell
2011-12-28, 02:39 PM
Hmm, let's think for a second now...

I'd like it to be combat focused, so probably a Strength or Constitution bonus, but I would prefer if it didn't have a Wisdom penalty.

Hmm, perhaps it might have the ability to alter and reposition its natural weapons by making craft checks. Like it could have a styracosaurus crest on one hand, or a tyrannosaurus bite on the other, or utahraptor claws, or an oviraptor's eyes and head crest, but (unless it gets specific feats) not more then one at a time.

This is just my first thought on the matter.

Okay, i'm going to have to save this one for later, sorry but i'm having a hard time writing this one out

EdroGrimshell
2011-12-28, 03:00 PM

This one is sorta a combo of the octopusmen race i posted the other day and the dromites by the look of it, i can work with this fairly easily.

Would you like them to be inclined to psionics, magic, incarnum, the sublime way, or None of the Above?

Roxxy
2011-12-28, 03:00 PM
Could I please have Dragontouched for Pathfinder? It'd be like Planetouched (Aasimar, Tiefling, the four elemental Planetouched such as Ifrit in Bestiary 2), but with dragons instead of extraplanar creatures. Dragontouched should have the same CR as Planetouched.

Thanks.

TravelLog
2011-12-28, 03:10 PM
This one is sorta a combo of the octopusmen race i posted the other day and the dromites by the look of it, i can work with this fairly easily.

Would you like them to be inclined to psionics, magic, incarnum, the sublime way, or None of the Above?

I'd like them more than anything to be adaptable. As crafters they have the need to use all of the above for maximum efficiency. I think their primary affinity should be to magic, with a caste system featuring smaller subdivisions each capable of using one of the above to some degree. The Sublime Way is probably the least important to them though since it is less cerebral.

This might be asking too much, but I'd love some racial feats to compliment their crafting and studies, and perhaps even a paragon class (or better yet, an Artificer PrC with the race as a prereq).

Thank you for all your hard work!

EdroGrimshell
2011-12-28, 03:20 PM
Hm, so divided into Sapphire (Incarnum), Ruby (Magic), Emerald (Psionic), and Amethyst (Sublime) castes? Maybe a few other, rarer subraces for things like binding?

Hm, i'll probably add in a little bit of my Zshar race to this one.

Racial feats and a paragon class are A-OK, i did say i'd do that if asked. This is a significantly larger project though because of the different castes and wide array of abilities so it may take some time.

TravelLog
2011-12-28, 03:27 PM
Hm, so divided into Sapphire (Incarnum), Ruby (Magic), Emerald (Psionic), and Amethyst (Sublime) castes? Maybe a few other, rarer subraces for things like binding?

Hm, i'll probably add in a little bit of my Zshar race to this one.

Racial feats and a paragon class are A-OK, i did say i'd do that if asked. This is a significantly larger project though because of the different castes and wide array of abilities so it may take some time.

The smaller subraces for rarities like Binding sounds like a good call. Plus the Zshar stuff will undoubtedly be cool.

And absolutely understandable. Take your time.

EdroGrimshell
2012-01-21, 12:49 AM
Sorry for all those waiting, but i'm going to have to close this. Much like NeoSeraphi with his request thread I'm at a point where i'm having a hard time homebrewing my own work let alone requests from others, sorry to all those that had racial ideas posted