PDA

View Full Version : Non-natural ways of getting aged after Timeless Body

Dazed&Confused
2011-12-19, 02:28 PM
As title says. I'm getting my 10th Mystic Wanderer level by level 19, but most of the party is human(including me, but that's no problem because I'm also a Ruathar, I won't be close to death), so they won't just "wait" for me to get old. Is there any way of "getting old quickly"?

Flickerdart
2011-12-19, 02:31 PM
Bestow Curse and Greater Bestow Curse can (per BoVD) both kick you up an age category.

Dazed&Confused
2011-12-19, 02:59 PM
Timeless Body (from Druid, MW and Monk) states I get immunity to magical aging. All features like that one state that I think, the Eternal Body from Contemplative also does. :smallfrown:

So I need some other way.

Dazed&Confused
2011-12-19, 03:03 PM
Some way of making my friends "immune" to aging while I age naturally could work aswell. The problem is getting older and older as our human barbarian also gets older. He really doesn't want the penalties.

Flickerdart
2011-12-19, 03:07 PM
He could get Psychic Reformation manifested on him, choosing Wedded to History as his 1st level feat. That would make him immortal, and his stats will never change from aging.

Psyren
2011-12-19, 03:13 PM
- Take a snooze on a fast-time plane, Rip-Van Winkle style. Wait a few decades, then come back and your party won't be much older.

- Find an (Ex) way of being aged, those aren't magical and therefore TB won't prevent them.

JaronK
2011-12-19, 05:11 PM
At such a high level, a Wizard could cast Genesis to make a Flowing Time plane... without the Timeless trait. You could age as much as you want to.

JaronK

hydraa
2011-12-19, 06:23 PM
Use miracle or wish

either to be aged

To be rezzed but in a older body

To undo the "misfortune" of gaining a timeless body

There is comment about wishing to be immortal that might not be so good but you would be wishing to be a little less than immortal it sounds like

Analytica
2011-12-21, 02:58 PM
Why do you want to be aged? The ability you get just says that you will get no negative ability effects for any further aging you undergo. Is the idea that you could get aged, naturally or magically, to gain the +1-+3 to mental stats without getting the -1--6 to physical stats?

Is the stat bonus really worth sitting around for the 50 or so years a Ruathar human needs for this, even if the other group members didn't complain about it?

In any case, the easiest way would probably be to Genesis into existence a plane with like 100 times faster time, then go spend time there. For you, enough time passes to age you, and you could conceivably spend all of it crafting or training or similar. For the rest of the party, less than a year.

I can see the DM making a case that forced aging through spells, which you are immune to in any case, would cause only penalties, not benefits, since you don't really have the chance of maturation or life experiences when aged from such a source.

Psyren
2011-12-21, 05:37 PM
In any case, the easiest way would probably be to Genesis into existence a plane with like 100 times faster time, then go spend time there. For you, enough time passes to age you, and you could conceivably spend all of it crafting or training or similar. For the rest of the party, less than a year.

And while you're at it, you can go beyond Super Saiyan, or unlock the Final Getsuga :smalltongue: