PDA

View Full Version : Help with an adventure arc

Togath
2011-12-20, 01:50 AM
edit; ok, fnished the post this time;

I've come up with an idea for an adventure arc once my party finishes expedition to castle ravenloft, the premise is this; once the players reach the room with the teleporter gate(it's sort of like a stargate crossed with a gate spell) having them spot a white armored knight(who had been waiting there, in order to bait the PCs through the gate, and is a villain of my campaign) walk through it; assuming the PCs follow(and that seems fairly likely, the villain burned an entire city to the ground) the will find the portal(the first of 3-4 they have to go through to get back home) leads to ebberon(because I wanted the adventure arc to have them visiting different worlds, but because I didn't want the first world[a standardish one] to be to similar to the normal one they come from I went with a published one, as the other two worlds are different genres I can probably make them seem different enough), but I'm having trouble coming up with ideas for what kind of experiences they would have, as all I know about ebberon is from having skimmed most of the campaign book, except the parts on the cities, and from reading "how to adapt this monster to ebberon" thingies in monster manuals, along with the adventure hook series that wotc ran on their website during 3.0-3.5, one problem I'm having is figuring out how people(those native to ebberon) would react to the player's characters, as only 2 are standard races(two humans), and the next closest thing to a normal race are 6-7ft. tall elves(which lack the normal phb elves’ frailty), the other races int he group are the following;

a dragon blooded human earthbender(allowed because it seemed like an interesting class/race combo)(the dragon blooded humans are home brewed race, there an artificial race, created by applying alchemical processes to certain humans[they started as an attempt to create super soldiers that was done by one of the largest countries in my campaign's world], this process has the downside of making most absolutely insane psychotic killers, insane psychotic killers the bodies of humanoid dragons, though some(the playable ones) have managed to retain sanity, though not their former identities), he stands about 8ft. in height and possesses large dull grey scales(they look a lot like hematite, and due to that he has the title of "Ironscale")

A fairie ninja(rokugan ninja crossed with pathfinder rogue), the fairies are again a homebrewed race, they are about 4 feet in height and resemble oddly small humans with the wings of moths, they come from a fantasy version of Japan(and serve the role of ninja, assassins, and thieves mainly)

A troll magus shaman(troll magus is a homebrewed race that is basically a usually good aligned troll equivalent to ogre mages, they also often live to be several thousand years old, and the shaman class I'm using is the shaman from OA, though I've been thinking of seeing if he would like to play a pathfinder witch instead, as I'm using a fairly large amount of pathfinder classes, feats, and monsters)

The final non human non elve member is a ratling(the rat people from OA) druid, he stands about 3 feet in height and has a giant hawk as an animal companion

the following races either don’t exist in my campaign world or are changed in some way;

drow, halflings half-orcs, half elves, and dwarves all do not exist, though i have thought about adding dwarves and or half orcs

Orcs: orcs in my campaign world are short(about 5 feet in height) humanoids resembling chimpanzees with black or dark purple skin that look like it’s covered with a layer of wax, my campaign’s orcs are also a close relative to my campaign’s ogres

Ogre Mages; removed, as they didn’t fit in anywhere

Ogres: my campaign’s ogres are significantly more intelligent than normal ones(possessing an int of 12 for an average one), they have also been reduced to only a +1 level adjustment race, without racial HD, they are also renown for their black smithing skills, in addition, they are also usually good or at worst neutral in alignment.

Dragons; the standard coloured dragons don’t exist, I use homebrewed more beast like dragons or asian style dragons generally, none(other than some asian style dragons) use spells.

Goblins; my campaign’s goblins are a close relative to my campaign’s troll magi, much like there larger kin they are often good or neutral in alignment, they also usually live to be at least 650 years old.

nonstandard class related things;

for all classes I’ve removed alignment restrictions and codes of conduct, in addition, most(of not all) divine caster gain their magic through force of will, rather than a deity, in fact there are no established religions, other than a few cults of the creatures known as celestial and abyssal dragons(rarely seen giant dragons of deity like power), the cults of the celestial dragons are often good aligned, while the cults of the abyssal dragons are often evil, though there are exceptions, as the dragons themselves, when seen, generally act fairly neutral, in the sense that they often cause immense collateral damage while fighting(one of the campaign’s desert’s[one as big as the Sahara] was caused by volleys of epic level spells conjured by a celestial dragon during a battle with an abyssal dragon), the names “abyssal” and “celestial” more denote how the dragons look, and in fact have nothing to do with the alignment of the dragons