PDA

View Full Version : Help me make a mini dragon

umbergod
2011-12-20, 05:15 AM
Okay, I have the basics down, and while I can make fairly good t3 power characters, this campaign I am about to play in is high t3, low t2 in power. My theme is a dragonwrought kobold who is basically a mini red dragon in looks and personality.

No loredrake cheese, and I can't be aged, so just basic dw kobold sorcerer. My DM suggested going dragon shaman for the breath weapon, but that would be 4 levels of lost casting. Not worth it imo. My initial idea was to go Dragonheart Mage, since my lvl 6 draconic rite effectively negates the first lost castinglevel, and I can probably do fine with losing the other casting level while filling the class out, unless there are better alternatives.

So, long story short, help me be appropriately powered for a modified age of worms pbp campaign :)

Rhaegar14
2011-12-20, 05:42 AM
Have you looked at Dragonfire Adept?

motoko's ghost
2011-12-20, 05:43 AM
Okay, I have the basics down, and while I can make fairly good t3 power characters, this campaign I am about to play in is high t3, low t2 in power. My theme is a dragonwrought kobold who is basically a mini red dragon in looks and personality.

No loredrake cheese, and I can't be aged, so just basic dw kobold sorcerer. My DM suggested going dragon shaman for the breath weapon, but that would be 4 levels of lost casting. Not worth it imo. My initial idea was to go Dragonheart Mage, since my lvl 6 draconic rite effectively negates the first lost castinglevel, and I can probably do fine with losing the other casting level while filling the class out, unless there are better alternatives.

So, long story short, help me be appropriately powered for a modified age of worms pbp campaign :)

appropriately powered for a DW kobold?:smallamused:

Try just going straight sorceror with some levels in mnk or rngr and 5lvs of abjurant champion.
Allows him the sort of gish feel of a dragon,without going nuts.

umbergod
2011-12-20, 07:50 AM
monk requires lawful, which i am not. ranger doesnt fit my theme much. I will look into the dragonfire adept though

edit: checked out the dragonfire adept. looks to be just a refluffed warlock =/ not really what I am going for. My only ideas so far are sorcerer into dragonheart mage, and abjurant champion as soon as i meet the requirements.

Runestar
2011-12-20, 08:22 AM
Perhaps totemist, if you are willing to spend a little extra time and effort learning a new system? There are a few draconic soulmelds in dragon magic, which can let you simulate a dragon. Not sure how it will stack up in physical combat though.

DoctorGlock
2011-12-20, 08:34 AM
If you have FR material, go zhentarim skymage to get a pet dragon (be sure to max your charisma) and then hire a psion to true mind switch you with the dragon. Or do it yourself with wish.

Serpentine
2011-12-20, 08:37 AM
ranger doesnt fit my theme much...edit: checked out the dragonfire adept. looks to be just a refluffed warlock =/ not really what I am going for.Fluff is malleable.

Quietus
2011-12-20, 09:02 AM
Sorcerer would be my bet, getting Arcane Strike and using the web enhancement for two claw attacks and a bite. Also pick up any spells that can increase your damage. Use Mage Armor as a refluffed "I have scales!", and go into Abjurant Champion because it's quite simply a hugely fantastic class for a gish.

In fact, could Alter Self as a Dragonwrought not turn you into an actual dragon? Could be worth looking into.

Pick up a few fire-based direct damage spells, and use them as your breath weapon.

DoctorGlock
2011-12-20, 09:13 AM
Can you get draconic rite of passage at least? The morph line is otherwise best.
Alter Self, Polymorph, Draconic Polymorph, Lesser Dragonshape, Dragonshape, various breath spells...

umbergod
2011-12-20, 12:49 PM
well I guess I should clarify. I am not looking to be a melee'ing mini dragon. just fluff/spells/feats/prcs that will fit the theme of a pint sized red dragonbold.

123456789blaaa
2011-12-20, 02:41 PM
actually dragonfire adept is not just a refluffed warlock. I reccomend you read the dragonfire adept handbook by janusjones. One of the best handbooks i've ever read.

Flickerdart
2011-12-20, 02:43 PM
Make sure to snap up Dragonborn if you can, for the wings aspect. I don't remember if you can do both Dragonborn and Dragonwrought, but if you can't, Dragonborn will probably be more useful to you.

hushblade
2011-12-20, 05:53 PM
Well if he's a mini red(chromatic) dragon, he would have to be a refluffed dragonborn at least.

hushblade
2011-12-20, 05:56 PM
double post

motoko's ghost
2011-12-20, 06:43 PM
double post

Just go to edit and select delete post

umbergod
2011-12-20, 08:12 PM
Well if he's a mini red(chromatic) dragon, he would have to be a refluffed dragonborn at least.

why? dragonwrought+dragon wings feat makes me pretty much a small red dragon, minus a breath weapon or tail attack, and i would get the breath weapon on my first dragonheart mage level