PDA

View Full Version : [PF] gestalt Psion//Aegis

Andreaz
2011-12-20, 11:22 AM
Hello, everyone!
Today I have been offered a game where I'll finally be able to play with both psionics and gestalt.
I have chosen to do Aegis//Psion melee person.
Spoiled for people who do not know the aegis:

To those that do not know, the Aegis is a full bab, int based class with a very small power pool and no powers known or manifester level. Its main class feature is the eponymous aegis.
He can create, as a swift/standard/full-round action a piece of armor.

The lightest one doesn't count as armor, while the others replace medium/heavy armor. All of them use a pool of customization points (imagine our surprise when the Summoner came out while this class was in alpha stages) to improve the armor, being mainly a defensive kit and physical enhancer. It also supplies movement modes, and on the damage side you can grow extra limbs, increase your size or straight add to the weapons' damage.
The power points are used to feed temporary customization points and manifest powers through psionic scrolls (forgot the little rocks' names).

Now, being a psion, most of the manifesting tricks of the class are wasted, so the points will be more focused on things like movement, size and the like.
Which powers and feats should I get, as well as the typical armor configuration? Going Melee means I'll be heavy on int and str, use the heaviest armor more often, and grab gishy and action economy powers.

Should I get, for example, Expansion, when the armor offers an equivalent (which is short-lived, but doesn't eat up a power known and will usually last long enough)

What about metamagics? Extend is a staple...
Pet Rock is a given. I love the little bastards.

TLDR: Any help on a psion//aegis str-heavy gish build?

No 3.5 content at all.